Sign in to follow this  
welloneday

just in vestigating

As for the "I'm going to change people" line of thinking, you need to ground yourself. Far too many artists go in with that overblown ego. When they crash, they crash hard. Focus on delivering the best work your skill set can produce at this point in your life. If your peers enjoy it, that's great. If you can earn a sustainable living from it, that's even better. What you're talking about achieving happens to only a fraction of a percentage of the population.

Yes. Inportent artists.

u still dont understand - i am an artisit, so i know what i know and i believe what i believe = none of these thoughts where easyily decided and are certenly nothing to do with you (in terms of trying to give me advise - this is the same reason i dropped put of college twice, silly people trying to tell me what to do fools (who do these people think they are))

and i think thats all i have to say right now i can't remember

but anyway it turns out im just rubbish at spelling, but we can always pretend im young and not english :)

o ye and i will change the world - one step at a time

but anyway it turns out im just rubbish at spelling, but we can always pretend im young and not english :)

o ye and i will change the world - one step at a time

Starting with getting better at writing.

And I am not even trying to be funny or annoying.

It is simply that I find there is no excuse (unless it is a neurological condition) to not be good at spelling. I find it is laziness that lasts years and may go on for someone's entire life.

I could simply ignore it, I guess, but I find it strange that someone who claims to want to change the world cannot change this first.

I will not tell what to like when it comes to art. But I think that the great artists were humble enough to know they could evolve over time and learn from others, too. Even people they did not like or those with radically different ideas. Perhaps it is from those that the most can be learned, or that one can get the most understanding of one's own ideas (when putting them against someone else's).

As a closing point, I think that closing oneself to advice (solicited or not) is a nice first step to stop learning and improving.

Those last 2 lines were nicely put Cesar. Oh and thanks for the kind words about my work too.

I agree with all you put out here. You could also say it with an analogy for intelligence. The more you know, the more you realize you don't know anything. And in such ignorance is bliss. Only stupid people think they're smart and own the world.

So welloneday, I don't know if this really was the case, but dropping out of college because you didn't want people to tell you what to do, really isn't the best life choice you could have made.

Though I do know people tend to want to stick to their ideas, your case seems to be a bit extreme.

All that aside, when do you think we'll get to see some of your work? You're bound to be able to get a hold of a camera.

Edited by TRL

firstly i will get a camera or something as soon as i get money in the bank - well that i dont have to pay out

so im an artist extreme is what i do - if u think not taking advise on what i know most about and have the very depest feeling about, stops me from improving an limits my learning ability - you could nit be far from wrong the facts i make my decisons and i learn my way, i do not let people make or even think that they can make any decison (or suggest) i have not spent my whole life lissoning, watching and learning about what i love the most about - must for someone/anyone to tell me im wrong ot say my believes are bullshit

(please understand i was born an artist, my relation with art is more then dreams if i did not create art i would not have nothing to live for - so times like this are more then hard for me, the greater i become the harder i fall - this is the very reason i have my beliefs [there is know glamour in being a artist])

u may like many others dont understand or in the slightest believe any thing i believe - thats find i spent alot of time coming to term of who and what i am , the truth is people so different beyond even my wildest dreams - so i do not think atall that u would agree with me

understand that i shape my future every day i dont let other people make my future for me

my mistakes are mine to make and i intend to make them without fail

i am sorry if i can not spell i never have been able - just last year i was not as good as this by any means

I'm not trying to pick on you, believe me, I have my problems with spelling too but maybe you should get help with it if your the only one that understands yourself.

my mistakes are mine to make and i intend to make them without fail

I'm sorry, WHAT? That just doesn't make sense.

understand that i shape my future every day i dont let other people make my future for me

I am not saying to let anyone shape your future for you. I would hate it if someone did it for me, and would not want that for anyone else.

But listening to people who may or may not have gone through what you have (I think you may have gone through hardships I can only imagine, which could be brave in itself) does not mean surrendering all of your being and becoming like them.

Even if, as an artist who wants to express herself, you need to be in the right mindset to create your art (as you said, it was something about Spring), that does not stop you from doing "less creative, more technical-enhancement" work. Think of it as technical training during the months when you are less creative-able. That way, when the time comes when your spirit is in shape to start expressing through art, your technique will be way above what it was half a year before.

Listening to suggestions and then accepting them does not make the decision to do so any less yours. Remember that.

I have changed my mind a lot of times over the years thanks to what others said. And I have failed a lot of times when following my own ideas as well as ideas from others. Yet, all the decisions were mine. And the consequences of said decisions, for better or worse, were mine, too.

Once again, no one here is telling you to let go of what you are. And listening will not make you lose anything. If there is absolutely nothing for you in what is said, then you did not lose anything (not even "time", since we do not precisely come to these forums to be "productive"). But if you find something that you can use, then you gained something valuable.

I am not saying to let anyone shape your future for you. I would hate it if someone did it for me, and would not want that for anyone else.

But listening to people who may or may not have gone through what you have (I think you may have gone through hardships I can only imagine, which could be brave in itself) does not mean surrendering all of your being and becoming like them.

Even if, as an artist who wants to express herself, you need to be in the right mindset to create your art (as you said, it was something about Spring), that does not stop you from doing "less creative, more technical-enhancement" work. Think of it as technical training during the months when you are less creative-able. That way, when the time comes when your spirit is in shape to start expressing through art, your technique will be way above what it was half a year before.

Listening to suggestions and then accepting them does not make the decision to do so any less yours. Remember that.

I have changed my mind a lot of times over the years thanks to what others said. And I have failed a lot of times when following my own ideas as well as ideas from others. Yet, all the decisions were mine. And the consequences of said decisions, for better or worse, were mine, too.

Once again, no one here is telling you to let go of what you are. And listening will not make you lose anything. If there is absolutely nothing for you in what is said, then you did not lose anything (not even "time", since we do not precisely come to these forums to be "productive"). But if you find something that you can use, then you gained something valuable.

Posts like this make me regard you as the cool, understanding peacekeeper of the forum Cesar.

Posts like this make me regard you as the cool, understanding peacekeeper of the forum Cesar.

Don't let your guard down, though, kid.

If blood thirst is present, I can be quite b¡tchy.

I do try to moderate my own posts, though, so you do not have to worry too much about it.

Don't let your guard down, though, kid.

If blood thirst is present, I can be quite b¡tchy.

I do try to moderate my own posts, though, so you do not have to worry too much about it.

We can all be a tad b*tchy, whatever anybody writes on the forum walls doesn't really affect me, it's nothing I haven't heard...err, seen before.

heres the problem with what ur saying

if u are telling me this then u are suggesting that i might not know all about this already - this is my life were talking about not urs and i spent my whole live understanding myself - what might work for u in know way would work for me ( trust me in know this isnt my first or last spring)- like i said people are different completely different

just because i am not drawing or painting does not mean im not progressing with my work - i create art - and art is all about the emotions, it is much more us full for me to think and understand how i feel about life and where i stand in life, then it is to paint

in fact i does me much harm to paint or draw at this moment in time, for since i express my emtion through such objects - such as pencils ect... as soon as i touch such thing i will express a part of me which at this time been does not understand it self (to express this is dangers to my mental health, so i must understand it on some level)

what i guess no-one has realised i have chosen not to paint

Perhaps you could try expressing a few happy emotions every once in a while.

And we were not talking about your life. We were talking about art (and could generalize about almost any other thing).

I guess I could care about your life. Not at this moment based on how a closed attitude makes me mirror it and close myself. But if you could relax a little.

Even if your life is hard, if you are able to paint, if you are able to go online and chat, then you are a privileged one. Since there are people who cannot even do that, and still go on through life with open minds and willing to enjoy it, I cannot really understand any willingness to remain closed to improvements saying one knows everything about anything, even if that "anything" is oneself.

I would be inclined it is, to quote someone I know, BS.

And no one knows how many Springs one has left. Any of them could be one's last. It is better start painting as soon as possible.

so anyway why dont people just say what they thonk of TRL's work, since thats the sort of foroum i would like

and i mean explain what u like - not just u love it or something( that could mean anything )

im shore TRL would like some feedback

i would like to hear to, it is always intresting to hear what other people think

I like how real his paintings look.

Jennifer looks just like her, for instance. Kanye's hair and beard have a great texture. The Daft Punk pic has a very interesting POV, as if the watcher were a child and part of the same world.

The pics where eyes are visible show a lot og attitude, as if the person had a lot of things to say.

I do like TRL's art but it ain't exactlly my cup o' tea so I couldn't really say what's great about it.

I'm more of a simple, cartoony anime kinda artist, I've tried some more realistic things and I've discovered I'm not completely terrible at drawing semi-realistic hair.

Y'know what's really all about emotion?

Hint: It's not art.

Click the spoiler for the answer.

Goku_special.gif

AWWW YEAH - GOING SUPER SAIYAN. That's where the emotion is!

1. To close yourself off from the outside (be it advice, or anything else) is to close off stimuli. To close off stimuli is to close off creativity. To close off creativity is to stagnate in your art.

2. To tell us that we don't understand you or worse--to tell us that we can't understand you is to tell us that your art is not worth looking at.

3. To truly improve, we must all take what people tell us and use it to improve ourselves.

ye i dont think you have taken the time to understand anything in this topic

just so you know the job of art and that of an artist is not to make you understand the artist - it is the job of art to make you understand your self

the artist is only there to create

anyway its nice to hear more thoughts :) - what like about the painting of the man with glasses is his body the style in which its created reminded me (as i first looked at it) of the emotions i felt when i first looked at portaits painted by l.s lowry and due to this i have looked back on his work (lowry works have been some of the most importent work i have ever seen)

as for the face for seems to show someone who is trying to show one thing to people, though feeling another ,but through this he is show people something completely different (the wrong thing since that is not who he is)

in light of this i find that the body and face seem to be two different sudjects - this suggest to me that he wares what someone in his position in life is, somewhat, surpost to ware = not the cloth he would feel most comfortly in, so this shows who he is( shown by the face) has become seperat from who he is ment to be ( shown by the body )

which in turn show another different part of this person

as for grand alch.. that was a funny past :) - made me laugh, not load just couldn't think of how to spell the word i mean to use, but ye i liked it (since i was getting ready to give u answer then i clicked show - ha you snowec me :) ) :) :) :)

Expression can't mask ability and shouldn't. If the reader or viewer is lost, then you've failed as a communicator. Expression alone is what the crazy bum in the middle of the intersection does.

to be able to truely express ur self is an ability

an ability very importent to an artist

you can not find anything of true value if u do not get lost

W1D, those are two different things, but they need each other.

A very skilled (technically) artist who cannot express what is in his heart can create technically perfect pieces that may not have any emotional content.

A very expressive artist who cannot hold a brush will fail to transmit every thing it should because the piece will not have any technique.

Either of them can create somewhat good pieces, because of either their technique or emotion.

What Dwaine is trying to say is that technical ability is very important to adequately express what you want. Once an expressive artist gets their technical skills to a good level, then the art will get exponentially better.

So, if an expressive artist decides to remain as just that, they will not be able to take their art to the next level.

I just don't see how anyone with any real interest in art can refuse to go that step further.

it is not th artist that desides to take it to the next step it is the art that desides for them, as an artist you can only watch and hope that this next step will arive (no-one know what the next step is till it aperes)

as an artist i believe like many other artist that the greatest works of art can be in know way be technical as long - as long as the artist has expressed they're true emotions to the best of there ability (though it is true that they may be only to express it truely through technical work [no artist is the same] - and if this is true you will easyily figure out how to do so by understanding your emotions at that time)

the reason artists get so famous is because of how well u can feel theyre emotion from looking at they're works - not how technicaly hard it is for someone else to create (though even after all these years artist have been around people still dont understand this)

if you look at a picaso in real life you come to understand that he did not paint or draw technicaly - he simply painted how he most enjoyed to paint within those moment he painted, this is because the was the certan type of person he was - the certan type of person who wanted to enjoy every bit of life

when all artist started to draw ot paint or what ever way they work, they do not start because they want to be able to do technical works its because they feel that this is who they this is what is true to them, which alows you to enjoy what you are doing

it is true that i like many atists started by doing realistic work, but this is because we felt that at that time it is what we wanted to but now i want to do something different

there will be artist who start out not doing technical works - and for them life starts of much harder, for no-one around them will understand that they are an artist, so will never believe in them - which means they may not be able to believe for there selfs that they are an artist (at the begining of life more then any over part of life - your future is created by they people around you (how ur future turns out depends on; in what way you understand these people - because how and what you understand express's and explains who you realy are)

it is not th artist that desides to take it to the next step it is the art that desides for them, as an artist you can only watch and hope that this next step will arive (no-one know what the next step is till it aperes)

I strongly disagree with this. I could live with the part where the art decides when to evolve, but not with the part where the "artist" can only watch and hope. For me, unless someone is magically born with great abilities (and perhaps even then), the artist has to keep honing his or her craft. Emotion would not be everything. It also takes dedication.

Perhaps for you it works. I know it would not be that way for me and that a red stain in a canvas would not move me as much as the work done by Saturnino Herrán, no matter the amount of emotion a drugged artist felt while he was creating it while he watched his creation being born instead of learning how to paint.

In Saturnino's work I can see a lot of things in the lives of the people he painted. I especially love the pieces where he painted groups. His portraits, while great, are still portraits. But these other group images show a lot of things. What people were feeling. What he was feeling, too.

the reason artists get so famous is because of how well u can feel theyre emotion from looking at they're works - not how technicaly hard it is for someone else to create (though even after all these years artist have been around people still dont understand this)

With years and years of great artists who portray emotion through the use of excellent techniques, I can hardly understand the universal truth of which you speak.

Give it up, Cesar. We're dealing with a lost cause. If you folks ever wonder why I might not be the most tolerant of the fine art crowd, imagine having to deal with people this dense or worse for half your life.

wrbs.jpg

Art is a skill. It comes from you. You control it. It is not some magical spirit animal leading you through the world of a Friskies commercial. Please put down the drugs.

Edited by Dwaine