Sign in to follow this  
welloneday

just in vestigating

so im an artist (i just found this foroum thingy) and i want to know what sort of art is talk about here

i would like to talk about how pollocks thoughts on art are just beutiful , how vangogh's work is the closes to perfection, how if schiele lived longer he would be one of the most well known and one of the most praised by people out side the art seen or how kandinsky changed me and perhaps you for ever

anyway if i find a to show you what i do using the 3ds (i dont have a digi camera) i will

feel free too post ur own pics i would love to see

i would like to talk about how pollocks thoughts on art are just beutiful

If you investigate further, you'll learn how Pollock was a hack who spilled paint, punished his liver, got himself killed, and bullshitted enough simpletons into thinking he was something special.

i would like to talk about how pollocks thoughts on art are just beutiful

If you investigate further, you'll learn how Pollock was a hack who spilled paint, punished his liver, got himself killed, and bullshitted enough simpletons into thinking he was something special.

If you replace a couple words the same could be said of politics.

That's true, but when it comes to art, the more you see the more you understand about true abstract, composition, and craft. Not some human turd everybody is told to like. A couple years ago, 60 Minutes had a story about a lady who found a discarded Pollock. All these esteemed art scholars were examining and describing the painting. She proved she was smarter than all of them by summing up their findings with one word, "Bullshit."

wow is someone not liking pollock - thats well i dont know, i just dont see how anyone with any real interest in art can dislike pollock as an artist

plus are u trying to school me did u not read i am an artist i know all there is to know about this - well not all :) i wouldnt be an artist if i did (what would i be?)

but im sorry if i have miss understud what ur saying, which i might of -u might like pollock, im not to shore

anyway thanks to dwaine for whatever links u have posted (i haved checked yet) - and heres to hoping it works fine on my 3ds (which is what im posting from)

#cheers#

:)

hmm i just read ur post again and im not going to say much i got to angrey im just going to say this "spilled paint"? - its just to stupid = u dont know what ur talking about ( in fact i recrete starting this topic if i just get fools like u)

big up dwaine though (still not checked just so u know)

:) i just checked thoughs threads out and i liked what u gave me - it was nice

i just thought i would give u some more info on what i do

so am an abstract artist with close thoughts to pollock (but with my personality i could never create such thin lines with my paint)

i paint using oil paints im the best type of paint :)

im not doing any work right now

due to a few thing like the fact its still spring, i never am ready for a fresh start around spring (i dont know why); a fresh start is what is happening due to the power and emotion which i created my latest painting with - im just ot ready tp face myself again yet and finally i am having money proplems at the moment (which do seem to be getting sorted out now), so it gets to picky to truely exspress my self, u know what size canvas to be + the amount of paint = what it cost :( - all this has a big affect on my work, for me the smallest change has an affect

when i do paint again it will be the most imported part of my life

i have not yet had a show at a gallery, but do get good feed back - when my local gallery is free (since its a counciel - if i spelt that right - it doesnt have much controlle what it shows, e.g it had to have a special show for the royal wedding and show can last up to 3 from 1 month)- i am somewhat promesed a show, but we will see what heppens

hopefully i can get same art up in here, but dont get anyhopes up

but for now HELLO! :)

wow is someone not liking pollock - thats well i dont know, i just dont see how anyone with any real interest in art can dislike pollock as an artist

plus are u trying to school me did u not read i am an artist i know all there is to know about this - well not all :) i wouldnt be an artist if i did (what would i be?)

but im sorry if i have miss understud what ur saying, which i might of -u might like pollock, im not to shore

anyway thanks to dwaine for whatever links u have posted (i haved checked yet) - and heres to hoping it works fine on my 3ds (which is what im posting from)

#cheers#

:)

First off Aoibara is the one that posted the links. Second, Dwaine knows a lot about these kinds of things, you shouldn't argue with him (lest you start a storm). Furthermore, no offence but I completely understood his post (and I'm only in the middle of my teens) and I actually kinda understod his post a bit better than yours.

There also seem to be a few spelling errors in your post, I'm not cracking down on you, not in the slightest but I just want to make sure you never make the mistake of misspelling his name..."Dwayne"...Oh lordy...

1x10boxinggloves.jpg

OK, is somebody baiting me for an art rant? 'Cause that's what you're gettin'!

im not doing any work right now

due to a few thing like the fact its still spring, i never am ready for a fresh start around spring (i dont know why); a fresh start is what is happening due to the power and emotion which i created my latest painting with - im just ot ready tp face myself again yet and finally i am having money proplems at the moment (which do seem to be getting sorted out now), so it gets to picky to truely exspress my self, u know what size canvas to be + the amount of paint = what it cost :( - all this has a big affect on my work, for me the smallest change has an affect

Count to ten... No. No, that's not gonna work.

You're having money troubles, but you're not doing any work right now. Think I've found the source of your problem! Oh, but it's still spring, right? Poor baby, what're ya gonna do...?

I know. WORK!

Get over this hippie-dippy feelings BULLSHIT! You don't produce, you don't improve. You don't produce, you don't earn. You don't produce, you don't progress. This la-di-da lunacy does nothing but sabotage yourself. You don't always have to have the biggest canvas. You don't always have to have paint. Play around with different sizes and mediums. If there's a ball point pen on the desk, use it with a notepad for a daily exercise. Plan your your pieces. Work on refining a technique. Do something every day so the mojo is flowing on a regular basis instead of relying on something that's all in your head.

Take control of your career. Never, ever rely on someone else to get your name out. If you don't manage your career, someone else will, and they'll have their best interest in mind, not yours. Want to work with an agent, fine. Know how to work with a good one that gets paid when you do instead of being a financial vampire. Gallery shows are a waste of time. It is a severely limited market managed and attended by $#!&tards. If you sell a piece there, you'll be lucky if they take 40%. 50%? You got off easy. Try 60%. 60% of your effort and materials when most of the time they don't do a goddamn thing but hang it and unlock the door. Instead, enter your local art exhibitions and festivals. They have a wide range of people attending with an open mind and an intention to buy.

If you want to be a healthy and functional artist, you need to get your head out of the clouds now. Don't drink the poison and become another part of the dark circle of unintelligent life the art scene has become.

Edited by Dwaine

*sigh* welloneday, I warned you not to argue with Dwaine didn't I? He knows his stuff and he's not one of those "well, that's you point of view it's fine" p***ies. And about the whole job thing, what makes you think we wanna know about it when it'd your fault you aren't working? Seriosly man shape up, you where a decent guy when you first came here.

...You know what, something tells me it might be good to wager you are not of a certain age. How old are you? Given the answer, I might keep the filter on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93JFXALKZi0

And please understand, I don't mean the above post to be mean. The art world is dark, delusional, and despicable place. So if I can help people understand that it can be better and bring sense to a world plagued by worse than thieves and murderers… This will be a good life... Good enough.

...You know what, something tells me it might be good to wager you are not of a certain age. How old are you? Given the answer, I might keep the filter on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93JFXALKZi0

And please understand, I don't mean the above post to be mean. The art world is dark, delusional, and despicable place. So if I can help people understand that it can be better and bring sense to a world plagued by worse than thieves and murderers… This will be a good life... Good enough.

Haha, it's fine. I'm 14 and I'm pretty stupid schoolwise but when it comes to common sense you won't find a smarter 14 year old than me.

Oops, sorry, wasn't referring to you, ss14hero!

Oops, sorry, wasn't referring to you, ss14hero!

Oh, well in that case if he's old enough to complain about needing money but not having a job you shouldn't have to clean things up for him.

Edit: By the way Dwaine, thanks for posting that video with that guy that you sorta use as your online face's name. This show Childrens' Hospital came on (I hate it but I was too lazy to turn it) and he was on it and it actually made me laugh a lot.

By the way, now I can only picture you looking like him...

Edited by ss14hero

well in no way was i dissing dwaine, but u seem to want to disagree with

in no way should you suggest how i should create my art! (it seems u dont know much about art - are u an artist im guessing u, so understand this no artist is alike we have are own ways and prolems)- art is my life not my career = in no way is this a job (a way of getting money)- i am not wanting a show in a gallery for my benifit its for the people of the area, so they can see it - so it can change them for a greater good because like all other inportent artists i know that if one piece of my work can affect me so strongly it will at least affect anyone else even the tinest bit = which if it doea i am full filling the very reason im alive

art is all about emotion, so by u mouning how i talk about my feeling just shows how little u know

but i hope i miss understood what ur saying i did hope we could a conversation - but i dont know what i did read of ur post was just to stupid( i didnt read it all)

how could u say these stupid after what i thought u were suggesting about pollock in ur first post

but i dont know hopefully we can make up :):(

i will repeat myself was not dissing u (before) it was that other person who thought i was

hmm well we will see what happens

ur not suggesting that art is created for money are u?

Edited by welloneday

I wonder, is there any work of Pollock that shows his skill in representative art? Which would tell me he chose to do abstract as a revolt and not as an excuse. Like for instance Picasso who first made the most realistic and perfect paintings at a young age, but then blatantly got bored of it and decided to start inventing all sorts of new ways to depict a form. Even to the point as drawing like a preschooler. Sorry, but I can't respect an artist who is not able to draw a decent human face and then just goes abstract to cover it up, guess I'm just old school like that.

Btw, I'm an artist too, so no need to argue with me, I know all there is to know about it too. Duh! :D

:) ye i wasnt planning at mouning to u :)

it is true that there are no works that i know of that show of how realistic he can paint/draw he did seem to start state in to abstract and in hes early works it does seem like he is just copying what picaso did (im sure he is skilled in realistic drawings atleast- mabye)

anyway a painting which for me shows of how good and able he was as an artist

is the paint named Mural - which in the use of colour, connection of lines and the overall movement in this piece is unsore past - and does seem to show a moment in which he truely started to uderstanding him self as an artist, which u and i both know is a big moment (this is not an easy line we walk)

so just so u know i found abstract more in the way of picaso then pollock i am very skilled in detail , but i do surpose u can say it somewhat bores me compared to abstract, i used to hate abstract and anytype of modern art - but i know i know that is me being very silly (couldnt think of a better word that i can spell) and i was o so quick to think it was rubbish but i know see my mistakes

so i am happy to here from u and would like to hear whats one of ur fav.. artist

hope to hear from u soon:)

I don't have any particular favorite artist. It's probably because my knowledge actually isn't that vast to be honest. I like Monet, Dali, Magritte, Ensor and obviously Picasso. So I guess you could say I'm not that big on abstract.

What I can show you, is some work of mine. And I'd like to see some of yours too. Gotta back up those words, right.

Jennifer_Connelly_by_T_R_L.jpg

Natalie_Portman_by_T_R_L.jpg

Usain_Bolt_by_T_R_L.jpg

Kanye_West_by_T_R_L.jpg

daftly_punked_by_t_r_l-d3d3ze1.jpg

I'd like to think my style is some what of a pop art, since I paint a lot of contemporary well known figures.

Besides that I like to do some digital painting too on photoshop from time to time, those are mostly influenced by or direct fanart of Toriyama's works and even more besides that I like to dabble into some 3D modeling and amateur game development, some games can really be seen as new forms of art. The digital age is where it's at. ;p

Dwaine, I'd like some kind of portfolio like this from you too!

Edit: these are all acryl on paper btw.

Edited by TRL

Dwaine, I'd like some kind of portfolio like this from you too!

My stuff or other abstract artists I like? Anything that's online is terribly outdated and bad. These days I work privately, because I hate dealing with the drug-addled hippies and the canned counter culture of the art scene just that much.

in no way should you suggest how i should create my art! (it seems u dont know much about art - are u an artist im guessing u, so understand this no artist is alike we have are own ways and prolems)- art is my life not my career = in no way is this a job (a way of getting money)- i am not wanting a show in a gallery for my benifit its for the people of the area, so they can see it - so it can change them for a greater good because like all other inportent artists i know that if one piece of my work can affect me so strongly it will at least affect anyone else even the tinest bit = which if it doea i am full filling the very reason im alive

tumblr_leftkrHJkw1qf8yek.gif

All this? Bullshit. See, folks? This is why I hate the art crowd.

art is all about emotion, so by u mouning how i talk about my feeling just shows how little u know

No, you need to pause, clear your head, and focus. I've seen this attitude ruin far too many people. There's no glamor in being a fruity, flaky, and destitute artist. That path is 100% preventable.

ur not suggesting that art is created for money are u?

Look around you. Practically everything we see is a form of commercial art. There is no shame in earning a living by doing something you enjoy.

i like them - i like themn alot :overjoyed2:

the strength in the lines you have created in both of the women paintings (lines of there noses) are very powerful

you do create such great contrasts,

in the first women half her face seem somewhat like someone elses perhaps the two differentces of personality and like i said with the power of ut contrasts in colour the cuvres in her noses are quiet stricking,

but the i find more powerful jester then the straight nose line of the 2nd women - which is created so well with that light contrast

and how u have worked the reflection of light and colour in your last piece is beutiful - beutiful shapes and the overall chioce of colours if i compare the whole piece to the colours on the right person helmit it does become quiet a magical work of art

amatuer game development sounds amazing :( im no good at computers

and yes i do need to back my words up, but i dont know how to trasnfer pics from the sd card from my 3ds to my computer what do i need?

hopefully i will find away

Those are some of the more constructive and in depth comments I've had on my paintings, most people don't get beyond "nice" or what they don't like. So thanks. A photograph can do wonders to put your work on your computer. ;)

That last pic is indeed my latest work and I think my progress shows. Helmets are alot harder than human faces!

Dwaine, that's too bad. Well, if you wish you could always show me some in pm.

ye i can think how helmets are harder then face: trying to get the shape of the helmets needs some great skill in drawing and in the way u use lighting with the paint, im sure* since i have not dun any type of detailed work for a long time now *im sure* it would take more then a few goes to get the right shape in drawing ( and i hate having to rub out )

in fact these days i dont even do drawing before paintings - the pencil lines are to small makes me somewhat angry- i just put paint on a pallete or on any sufface realy and paint away = never realy knowing whats going to come out makes things exciting :overjoyed2::goofyslime:

when my money flow is up again which should be anyday now i will look in to getting my paintings on this forum

dwaine there is now glamour in being an artist no matter how glamouris there works are

:upperslime::goofyslime::jackoslime::upperslime::slimeking::slimeking::rolleyes::content:

Edited by welloneday

W1D, I hope you can find a way to share your art, I'd love to see what you create.

Also, please do read Dwaine's post completely. They are not stupid. He has written stupid (mostly for fun) posts in the past and will continue to do so in the future, but what he has posted here is not stupid. I am sure he took the time to read your posts, even when the lack of capitalization or punctuation marks makes them all that harder to read. He is not even in his obliterate-them mode (he could be, yet, he isn't, I think he really wants to help).

I totally agree with TRL on abstract "art". I've seen people who wants to start with those anti-anatomical styles and want to present them as God's gift to art when they never really took the time to learn proper anatomy first. Note: this is not about people who still can't properly draw anatomy, like myself, but still try to learn, but about people who want all the glory when they don't even know how to sharpen their pencils. People who take those liberties should be working based on their ability to draw reality, only then can they alter in such a way. Otherwise, Dwaine had the right word for what they do (although I won't claim I know anything about Pollocks to say that is his case).

And TRL, you know I love your art! It's so amazing. And if people tell you they are "nice", well, it's because they are and we are left too astonished to comment any further.

Btw, I'm an artist too, so no need to argue with me, I know all there is to know about it too. Duh! :D

Best reply I've seen in a long, long time, Legend. Almost made me forget what I felt when I read the original post where this phrase first appeared in the thread.

Haha, it's fine. I'm 14 and I'm pretty stupid schoolwise but when it comes to common sense you won't find a smarter 14 year old than me.

Man, you know I like you. You are polite and all...

But never say that about yourself. Never.

Let us do it for you when the time is right, 'kay?

People may think you are not as smart as you would like to think when they read comments like that one.

Believe me. I also thought you would not find a smarter 14 year old than me. Then, I learned (and still do everyday).

dwaine there is now glamour in being an artist no matter how glamouris there works are

...This makes no sense. I hope you're really young or English isn't your first language.

As for the "I'm going to change people" line of thinking, you need to ground yourself. Far too many artists go in with that overblown ego. When they crash, they crash hard. Focus on delivering the best work your skill set can produce at this point in your life. If your peers enjoy it, that's great. If you can earn a sustainable living from it, that's even better. What you're talking about achieving happens to only a fraction of a percentage of the population. You can thank the volume of artists and the limitations and lunacy of the field.

Of course that's all for nothing, since your mental blocks keep you from developing your skills and producing pieces.