Sign in to follow this  
Mortamor7

Best teams?

As you know, all the dqm games have good (and bad) monsters. i want to know your favourite monsters/best team in the game. i only own dqm-joker but i would like to learn from the other games aswell :D

my team is rhapthorne mortamor and a gem slime

i also have another question, what in the world happened to WiFi on that game?, why did they close it? is there any point me keeping dqm-j?

Edited by Mortamor7

As you know, all the dqm games have good (and bad) monsters. i want to know your favourite monsters/best team in the game. i only own dqm-joker but i would like to learn from the other games aswell :D

i too only own joker my best team is a slime knight, orgodemir, and Killing Machine

Alabast Dragon is a really nice monster to have in Joker.

Monsters I like are Deathtamoor (Mortamor), Orgo Demila (Orgodemir) and Dianorg Ace (Diamagon Ace) with skills from King Speddio and Queen Gulheart.

I also love the Great Dragon and its cousing, Black Dragon (I prefer Great, though).

Those are good monsters, and they also look cool.

I like how in Joker 2 you can raise monsters to rank S if you breed them right. I still have not played it, but I think that would mean you can make low rank monsters (perhaps your favorite ones) into heavy hitters. That is nice because now you can keep using your faves even if they are naturally weaklings.

In Joker 2, a Baramos is a nice monster to have. It is immune to magic(except Magic Burst).

I don't remember my DWM1 team, I was wayyy to young to compose anything, like, amazing.

I remember Coatl, goatagon... and I think a killing machine? whatever it was called back then. I gave up a damn Unicorn to breed it though... ;_;

I dunno, I gave up. I couldn't beat Servent/ Centaur/ Evil Armor. That battle was crazy.

In Joker, my final team was Zoma, Great Dragon, and Jumping Jackal (most BA looking thing in the game). I was originally using a Demon-At-Arms because it pwned me so bad back in DWM1, but I gave it up for Zoma.

I gave up after Ace of Spades. That game was too hard too.

xD

For DQMJ2P (assuming it's professional that gets released here), I'll probably use Jumping Jackal, Fairy Drak, and Florajay. Ygdrassil (not even gonna attempt spelling that out) looks cool, but after looking up its breeding chart, I'm guessing it's gonna be near-impossible to get. Might use Stark Raven, Aquastrian Gladiator, and Dimensional Dragon (assuming it's not gonna be an event monster here) as subs.

UGGGHHH screw all that. that game has so many awesome monsters I want to use... I dunno what to choose.

;_;

I never really played DWM1. I loved grinding the heck out of magic keys in 2 thoough. So much that in one game I actually bred a Mudou to fight Mudou! In my second playthrough I was so scared of the LMS boss that I bred a KingLeo to fight it.... which was total overkill. the Kingleo sneezed on it and the fight was over.

My favorite Monsters are:

Great Dragon, Darkonium Slime, Psaro (isn't it obvious?), and Dr Snapped.

my #1 best team in DQMJ is:

Gem Slime (GoldSoul) Lv. 99

Captain Crow (BlakJack) Lv. 75

Wildcard (Ultima) Lv. 99

Gem Slime has the Uber Mage, AGL Boost III and DEF Boost III skills

Captain Crow has Fire III, Captain Crow and Ice III skills

Wildcard has ATK Boost III, Diamagon II and AGL III skills

I'm looking forward to Joker 2, if it does come to the western regions. :D

Finished the game with a Liquid Metal Slime (healer) + Marquis De Leon. Before that, and up until the very end, it was Liquid Metal Slime + Stronger / Strongest Foolhero Squad + one more, think it was a Stronger / Strongest Slime or a Sabercat.

I really start to liking , Aamon , he is a nice monster on pro.

He can Attack up to 2 times , Huge amount of wisdom and can Reflect a spell passively.

I'm totally liking my team of Ultra Slime, Metal King Slime and Great Sabrecat. I'm working on replacing Metal king slime with Diamond Slime.

I didn't make an amazing team in joker, but it worked: estark,zoma,darkonium slime.

Most of my game up to the end was a stronger Headhunter, a stronger Swarm and a Demon-at-arms, all three had Attk3 and other skillsets maxed by the time I was in the underground ruins.

I bred them mostly with phoenix staff to keep them like that. Headhunter for "Metal killer" and high attk. Swarm with Metal Claw for high hit squad, Demon-At-Arms (bred from a blizzybody with a lower demon with nice skillset) with Obsidian Sword for it's hit squad and double trouble. I used Attack Proof on swarm to give the Attk1 to him, and through breeding, I raised it up to Attk3.

Swarm was swappable, but was often stronger than others so it stayed there.

Everytime I bred them, I went against a few metals and was able to get back to high level fast enough. At the end, even swarm (+19) had high attack (396). Headhunter (+15) had 635 and Demon-At-Arms (+29) had 435.

I used a green dragon for a while also, and my substitute team was mostly to raise a few good breeds. I kept a healslime, which became a cure slime and then a king cure for the healing, in the substitute team.

Now, I'm playing with the big guys (current is lleviathan) to see what are their limits (and it's mostly poor scouting and lack of flexibility).

Edited by SOuimet

My favorite team would have to be a Paladin, Mage, Sage, and Warrior! I started with a minstrel as my main. Along with a mage, warrior, and martial artist, but soon, my minstrel could not support everyone else, midheal wasn't enough, so then I switched my martial artist to a sage later on, and my minstrel to a paladin(which is my favorite profession.) So multiheal/ moreheal with my sage helped, along with forbearance/ kabuff with my paladin. :D

I can just use forbearance with my paladin and moreheal with my sage on the paladin as long as they dont have attacks that hit multiple people(like breath attacks) That way, my mage and warrior can constantly bomb the enemy while my sage and paladin protect. (this doesn't work as well against legacy bosses however...)

My favorite team would have to be a Paladin, Mage, Sage, and Warrior! I started with a minstrel as my main. Along with a mage, warrior, and martial artist, but soon, my minstrel could not support everyone else, midheal wasn't enough, so then I switched my martial artist to a sage later on, and my minstrel to a paladin(which is my favorite profession.) So multiheal/ moreheal with my sage helped, along with forbearance/ kabuff with my paladin. :D

I can just use forbearance with my paladin and moreheal with my sage on the paladin as long as they dont have attacks that hit multiple people(like breath attacks) That way, my mage and warrior can constantly bomb the enemy while my sage and paladin protect. (this doesn't work as well against legacy bosses however...)

This is a thread for DQ monsters teams not DQ IX.....simple mistake no worries.

all of u r SOOO lucky i cant play dqmj2 or dqmj2p dang!

ive already looked at the monster list if a boss is ladja im gonna kill her [from dqv]

[ones in cap rule]

my favs would be:

OROCHI baramos blackmar CORVUS dragonlord1 DRAGONLORD2 FLUFFY hargon Lleviathan malroth Marquis de Leon

RAINHAWK[or now known as PRISM PEACOCK] Zenith Dragon

there know my team

prism peacock corvus orochi[i no hes size 3]

In DQMJ 1 my best teams in WiFI were a team made of: Darkonium Slime, Gem Slime and Metal King Slime. All strong magicians and with extra life and one a healer and another one a

status inflicter. It worked pretty well however i always raged if someone luckily critted one of my favorite Slimes away :(

Later (mainly out of that reason) i played a double trouble team out of Estark, Zome and Orgodemir. They were sooo strong and killed everything in a round but were kind of weak

against status.

In DQMJ2P i currently have two teams as well. Trauminator and Dragonlord I and the other one is Estark. I love Estark but i am always dazzled how weak Giant monsters are ultimately

since except the lifepoints my trauminator is stronger than Estark in every aspect. Giant monster rule nontheless!

Also i am trying to get good skillsets for my Liquid Metal King Slime but i guess he will be critfodder no matter how much additional life points you give him, won't he? >.>

It kinda sucks that WIFi doens't work on Desmume (if it does please correct me and tell me how :D )

Edited by Warez

It kinda sucks that WIFi doens't work on Desmume (if it does please correct me and tell me how :D )

It doesn't work yet. They have been working on it, and I believe there was an SVN revision where you could test it out, but I don't think the results were too positive yet.

on august 28 my team will be orochi

or dragonlord and somthin else

I have a bunch of monsters in Joker...

A lvl99 Fencing Fox(Antimag ward/Mortamor/Frizz&Bng3)

lvl99 Hawkhart ace(Hawkhart 2 & 3/ Water ward)

lvl99 Hell Hound(Sage/Crk & zam 3/ Ãœber wis boost)

lvl75 Gigadraco(Anti-metl/Ãœber Atk Boost/ Martyr)

lvl 99 Jamirus(Wsh&Zam 3/Cleric/Priest)

lvl60(?) Darkonium Slime(Ãœber Mage/Mage/Muspell)

Lvl 50-sonething Metl Kiaser Slime(Sage/ Whack ward/ Ãœber HP boost)

wait.. what? you had a mortamor, that part is obvious. why did you then synth that away into something so low rank like a fencing fox?

wait.. what? you had a mortamor, that part is obvious. why did you then synth that away into something so low rank like a fencing fox?

he likes fencing foxes?

if i had a mortarmor but then bred into fencing fox i would be like *slapping self soooo hard*

A:Fencing Fox is my favorite beast(Next is Gorago).

And B:Just because its low ranked, doesn't mean its not strong. Look at Blue Slime. When properly trained, they're quite a force.

i have to admit i do like slimes