Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye77o4

Is Dragon Quest Older Than You?

Is Dragon Quest Older Than You?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At the ripe old age of 25 there are those who remember playing Dragon Warrior on their classic NES, holding in the reset button to save, hoping that their quest isn't deleted after the 10 failed attempts to get the game working and only hearing the first three notes of the theme before a flash of a blue screen then it repeates. Then there are those who randomly discovered this game on the DS and know nothing of the names Blaze, Return, and Icebolt but are instead familiar with the Frizz, Zoom, and Crack.

However even those who had played Dragon Warrior on NES are STILL younger than this historic franchise, like yours truely. Dragon Quest is 1 year my senior and the first Dragon Warrior is only 2 years younger than I.

Assuming I'm one of the older members in the Den, I am pretty curious how many members weren't even a gleam in their parents eyes when this series came into being.

I'm just a few months older than DQ.

I'm two years younger than the original Dragon Quest VI.

Now I feel old. I was 12 when Dragon Quest was released in Japan. When Dragon Warrior came to America, I was one of the few that actually went out to buy it.

Dragon Quest is much older than me, it is ten years older than I am.

Dragon Quest is over four years older than me. It's weird, because Dragon Warrior and Dragon Warrior IV were definitely my first games ever. I played them even after we got a Genesis and a Playstation, when everyone else in my family just wanted to package away the NES for the newer stuff. I'm really glad my dad was a fan of the series way back when.

I am very nearly 5 years older than DQ. I almost signed up for nintendo power when it first came out when my dad said, "Oh a free game with it. That sounds like a good deal"

But I didn't.

Wish I had! Would've know about DQ much earlier as I didn't get into it until a friend loaned my DWIII for a bit, and then later I bought DWII used from a rental store.

As old as Dragon Quest. I'm not sure if I'm slightly older or slightly younger though. :P

As old as Dragon Quest. I'm not sure if I'm slightly older or slightly younger though. :P

You're slightly older. Dragon Quest just had its 25th birthday on May 27th.

just a year older than me :)

I discovered DQ in 89. I was 15 years old then, it was interesting because it was something different thank my usual routine of "Blades of Steel" or the Zelda/Mario games. It wasn't the first NES RPG released (Ultima Exodus), but it was the first to make it somewhat big on the console system.

When I first played this, I was a kid that played this winding down after football practice. Fast forward to today, and I've been married for nine years. :thumbsup: Time flies.

dragon quest got me beat by about 2 or 3 years. i turn 23 in october. and good times on NES DW

I'm ten years younger than dw. But my first video game ever was dw1. (we still have my moms old nes from when she was a kid, I kind of inherited it.) nowadays though I don't really touch the nes, it has enough problems as it is. I either play on the FC twin or nesticle (I own all the games I emulate, I just want to keep them in good condition. Plus, I like changing pal eyes (the colors, I hate iPod autocorrect) and messing with sprites.)

For my part, Dragon Quest just 1 year and some months older than me

Of course, naturally I voted that I wasn't older than DQ, which is wrong. Oops. Misread the question.

I'm a little more than four years older than Dragon Quest. What a shapeless and meaningless void this life was before DQ was born.

I'm about five months older. :) May 1986 versus my birthday in December 1985. Hehe.

Older than Dragon Quest? Hell, I'm older than Donkey Kong!

Older than Dragon Quest? Hell, I'm older than Donkey Kong!

Ditto

Much younger I be.I be much younger.

I am fifteen days younger than the original Japanese Dragon Quest IV.

Goo goo ga ga.

Edited by Mireia