Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Zenith

Contest #75 - Where's Woodus Now?

waldosmall.png

It's contest time again! Waldo Woodus has embarked on a quest to go visit the great heroes of the Dragon Quests series (and some of the villains too). He moves stealthily and can seem to jump from game to game in the blink of an eye. Do you have what it takes to find Waldo Woodus?

This contest may also feature a real prize, although the anonymous donator could not confirm the availability of the prize at the time of writing this. If a prize is confirmed, I will update this thread with the specifics. Of course no contest would be complete without a chance to win a shiny badge designed by Woodus. The three top scoring participants will have a badge added to their profiles so they can boast about their excellent skills.

Speaking of skills, here is a description of what you need to do to win this contest! Your job is to find out where Woodus is in each image by identifying:

1) The name of the location he is in

2) The game he is visiting

3) Which version of that game he is visiting (where applicable)

Please note that even though Woodus is hiding in most of the images, you do not need to successfully find Woodus in order to win this contest. You just need to identify the location shown. Shame on you if you can't find him though.

Submission Guidelines:

1) Submit your answers via private message to me

2) Submit your answers before Friday, June 3rd at 10:00AM EST

3) Format your submissions as:

Image#, Location Name, Game Name, Platform

Example:

Image 29, Tower to Zenithia, Dragon Warrior 4, NES

*Note that if you don't know the exact name of the place he is in, or if you don't know the name for that particular localization of the game, just do your best to describe it to me. For example, if an image is from the town of Cantlin, I would also accept "Mercado", or "the town that the Golem is guarding". Also, there are a maximum of three points awarded for each image (one for each bit of info I have asked for). If you don't know all three pieces of info, at least put down as much as you can figure out. If you don't know what game it is, or where in the game Woodus is, I will still give you one point if you recognize that it is an NES game.*

Now it's time to find Woodus! Good luck:

Image 1

WheresWoodus01.png

Image 2

WheresWoodus02.png

Image 3

WheresWoodus03.png

Image 4

WheresWoodus04.png

Image 5

WheresWoodus05.png

Image 6

WheresWoodus06.png

Image 7

WheresWoodus07.png

Image 8

WheresWoodus08.png

Image 9

WheresWoodus09.png

Image 10

WheresWoodus10.png

Image 11

WheresWoodus11.png

Image 12

WheresWoodus12.png

Image 13

WheresWoodus13.png

Image 14

WheresWoodus14.png

Image 15

WheresWoodus15.png

Image 16

WheresWoodus16.png

Image 17

WheresWoodus17.png

Image 18

WheresWoodus18.png

Image 19

WheresWoodus19.png

Image 20

WheresWoodus20.png

Image 21

WheresWoodus21.png

Image 22

WheresWoodus22.png

Image 23

WheresWoodus23.png

Image 24

WheresWoodus24.png

Image 25

WheresWoodus25.png

Special thanks to Woodus for "hiding" himself in each of these images.

If Woodus is hiding in an old version of a remade game do you use the old name for the location or will the current one do?

If Woodus is hiding in an old version of a remade game do you use the old name for the location or will the current one do?

*Note that if you don't know the exact name of the place he is in, or if you don't know the name for that particular localization of the game, just do your best to describe it to me. For example, if an image is from the town of Cantlin, I would also accept "Mercado", or "the town that the Golem is guarding". Also, there are a maximum of three points awarded for each image (one for each bit of info I have asked for). If you don't know all three pieces of info, at least put down as much as you can figure out. If you don't know what game it is, or where in the game Woodus is, I will still give you one point if you recognize that it is an NES game.*

As mentioned, the name from any localization will do, as long as it is the same place.

Oops! I didn't even notice that. >.<

ummmmmmmmmm O K.What?How do you expect people to find him,huh.Do you find him in a glitch or did you just put the guy in the pictures. :butbut:

ummmmmmmmmm O K.What?How do you expect people to find him,huh.Do you find him in a glitch or did you just put the guy in the pictures. :butbut:

No you actually have to warp yourself into these games using a technique called Astral Projection and then sniff around until you find him. If I read my own first post correctly, I am pretty sure that's what you have to do here.

where are those pics from? (the bianca one)

UDK, I'm sorry if you really didn't understand KZ but it's just starting to seem like your account is just for trolling based on a couple of your past topics.

where are those pics from? (the bianca one)

If you mean the ones in my signature, they are from Itadaki Street Special. If you mean the ones in the first post, then obviously I can't tell you where they are from. Seeing as how you already submitted your answers for this contest though, I am guessing you are referring to the sig.

do i say where each one is in each pic. i found them all?

Aw cripes, only the top 3 scorers get a badge?

Shoot...it's just like point sniping on college finals again. ;P

Eh, I'm kinda confident. I think I got a good chunk of them.

do i say where each one is in each pic. i found them all?

Speaking of skills, here is a description of what you need to do to win this contest! Your job is to find out where Woodus is in each image by identifying:

1) The name of the location he is in (i.e. town name, dungeon name, etc...)

2) The game he is visiting

3) Which version of that game he is visiting (where applicable)

Please note that even though Woodus is hiding in most of the images, you do not need to successfully find Woodus in order to win this contest. You just need to identify the location shown. Shame on you if you can't find him though.

Submission Guidelines:

1) Submit your answers via private message to me

2) Submit your answers before Friday, June 3rd at 10:00AM EST

3) Format your submissions as:

Image#, Location Name, Game Name, Platform

Example:

Image 29, Tower to Zenithia, Dragon Warrior 4, NES

Eh, I'm kinda confident. I think I got a good chunk of them.

So far, 6 people have submitted answers and the current top scores break down as follows. Out of a possible 75 points:

First place: 65 points

Second place: 44 points

Third place: 32 points

Fourth place: 31 points

I won't say who got which scores yet, but there is definitely room at the top. No perfect scores yet, but I was impressed by the responses so far. Some of you guys really know your DQ!

This is... quite a bit more difficult than I was expecting it to be.

This is... quite a bit more difficult than I was expecting it to be.

Glad to hear that. I tried to make it so that only the most hard core fans would be able to get them all. In the first "Where's Woodus" contest, only one person got 100%. I am hoping to have similar results this time.

Incidentally, that person was Spiffmanicus. Who the heck is that? Some elite Dragon Quest fan who dropped in to grab a badge and then disappeared forever after making a total of 0 amazing posts. Come back Spiffmanicus! We need closure on that anecdote!

It definitely makes me want to go and play all the games I haven't played that are in this list.

yeah i meant the ones from your sig, king zenith. is that a game? the pics looked pretty cool so i wanted to know where they were from.

by any chance, do you know how many submissions there were in the last wheres woodus contest? and if possible, can you make a badge of participation for all who participated in the contest?

oh and by the way, how do you quote somebody?

yeah i meant the ones from your sig, king zenith. is that a game? the pics looked pretty cool so i wanted to know where they were from.

Yeah, Itadaki Street Special is a game that came out in Japan only for the Playstation 2. Check out the section here at the Den for a video of the intro sequence if you like. It's an awesome game and a partial English translation patch exists.

by any chance, do you know how many submissions there were in the last wheres woodus contest?

11 people entered the last Where's Woodus contest.

...and if possible, can you make a badge of participation for all who participated in the contest?

No. We have had discussions about this and it has been decided that participation badges aren't happening.

oh and by the way, how do you quote somebody?

You can click the "Reply" button at the bottom of someone's post and it will automatically quote what they said. You can also use the multi-quote button to quote more than one post.

ok thanks. you always help me when i need it. your a fine admin.

oh and i forgot to ask: how can i get the "purchase dragon quest vi badge" if i have purchased dragon quest vi?

ok thanks. you always help me when i need it. your a fine admin.

oh and i forgot to ask: how can i get the "purchase dragon quest vi badge" if i have purchased dragon quest vi?

You needed to upload a picture for proof but that contest has ended.

dayum

oh, and ss14knight, your party looks BEAST.

so you used the same strategy king zenith uses to get his party up there?

dayum

oh, and ss14knight, your party looks BEAST.

so you used the same strategy king zenith uses to get his party up there?

Haha, thanks. king Zenith is the one that actually ripped the sprites for me, I just edited them into the pic. It looks a little bland now but I'll edit it later.

nice

So far, 6 people have submitted answers and the current top scores break down as follows. Out of a possible 75 points:

First place: 65 points

Second place: 44 points

Third place: 32 points

Fourth place: 31 points

I won't say who got which scores yet, but there is definitely room at the top. No perfect scores yet, but I was impressed by the responses so far. Some of you guys really know your DQ!

Yay, that means I can at least be number two if I submitted right now and the contest ended.

Do you think you can keep a publicly available running tally of the top three scores for us? :D

Do you think you can keep a publicly available running tally of the top three scores for us? :D

Sure, I think I can do that. I'll try to stay on top of it, but I have been pretty busy lately.

Current Top 3 Scores (out of a possible 75):

1) 65

2) 55

3) 44

That's quite a spread so far. I expect it might tighten up towards the end of the contest.