Sign in to follow this  
Sancho

What are you reading?

So the idea for this thread came to me after my friend gave me an interesting book called Drylor The First Artifact since he didn't really care for it (he said it just wasn't for him). I read the first few chapters in a single sitting and I must say I think it's a pretty cool book so far. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a Fantasy fix.

So, what books are you currently reading, if any?

• Upvote 1

I just finished the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson and before that Under the Dome by Stephen King.

I used to be big on reading but I haven't read anything in months. The last thing I read was probably in December and I have stack of books I've been planning to read but have never gotten to.

Since I got a droid phone and have the amazon kindle app on it I read much more b/c I always have my books with me then, 10 min at the docs office, waiting for the kids at school, etc.

I enjoy reading the Warriors series a lot, that and I finished the Harry Potter series a couple years back.

Currently reading The Fall of Damnos, and so far it's epic!

Also reading the Nagash series, which details the rise of the greatest necromancer and his wars against the kingdoms of ancient Nehekhara.

Waiting impatiently for October when the next Gaunt's Ghosts book - 'Salvation's Reach' hits the shelves!!!

Cheers!

YAY! BOOK THEMED TOPIC!

Recently read:

By Stephen King

The Shining

The Green Mile

The Tommyknockers

Everythings Eventual (Best. Short Stories. Ever.)

By Chris D'Lacey

The Fire Within

Icefire

Fire Star

The Fire Eternal

Dark Fire

Fire World

By Random Authors

Incarceron

Heroes of the Valley

For School

As You Like It (Shakespeare)

Ordinary People

As you may have guessed, I read a lot. This is my list since January (or a little later). I enjoy horror and fantasy, and I REALLY like short stories. I actually write short stories for my school paper.

My Reccomendations

If you want to read a book that will creep you out, please read the Shining. It is amazing. If you want to get introduced into the horror genre, read Everythings Eventual. There are some pretty creepy stories in there, and they take 20 minutes each.

If you enjoy fantasy, read Chris D'Lacey's dragon series.

...reading?

BWAHAHAHA.

MikeRoyaBookGif1.gif

jk. But the last book I read was for school, Twelfth Night. I'm not really a big book person in my free time, tbh.

=/

Edited by Emptystar

Imma try revive this thread. i do realize reading is an acquired taste of sorts.

Anyway, I'm just about halfway through "The Neverending Story" What a fantastic book! Too bad I'm not German, as I cannot read it in it's original text.

It's brilliant though.

I am reading this forum.

I actually started a book a couple weeks ago called "Killing Hope" (Can't underline I'm on my phone, sorry to any lit teachers here!) but got bored of it. Might pick it up again someday, it sounds like a book that I WOULD like. Just a little slow to start.

Im re-reading one of my favorite books, the silmarillion by jrr tolkien.

House of Fingolfin for life.

The Shining. Not as scary as the movie but it includes a lot of much-needed backstory.

Oh yeah!

I really enjoyed the shining. Do you know about Dr. Sleep? I haven't read it yet. I need to.

;) I just finished getting caught up on the Manga Series Attack on Titan the other day. For those on the squeemish side you might not want to read this series since it does get pretty violent at points. Other wise I found it to be a pretty interesting read.

Started up the latest Odd Thomas book by Dean Koontz after have just seen the made for TV movie version of the first book, which was better than I expected and not that much different than I thought they'd make it.

And in my seemingly endless task of making it through the entire Wheel of Time series, I'm up to the 5th book. Got them all on audio files and listen on my way to work and back, about 70-80 mins daily. It should take all of 2014 and then some. I take weeks off to listen to music and occasionally other books.

Edited by Plattym3

Oh yeah!

I really enjoyed the shining. Do you know about Dr. Sleep? I haven't read it yet. I need to.

I was actually reading The Shining in preparation for Doctor Sleep since at that point I had seen the movie but not read the book. Instead, I got sidetracked for several months and now I'm trying to finish. I'm like literally on the last quarter of the book.

Started up the latest Odd Thomas book by Dean Koontz after have just seen the made for TV movie version of the first book, which was better than I expected and not that much different than I thought they'd make it.

I didn't know about this at all. I really loved how Odd's "simplistic" approach to life. I'm going to make plans to watch this.

I was actually reading The Shining in preparation for Doctor Sleep since at that point I had seen the movie but not read the book. Instead, I got sidetracked for several months and now I'm trying to finish. I'm like literally on the last quarter of the book.

It was the same story for me. I watched the film (and the other film) first. I only read the Shining about 2 years ago when i was going on a serious King binge.

I didn't know about this at all. I really loved how Odd's "simplistic" approach to life. I'm going to make plans to watch this.

Do! While not a 100% loyal to the book (what movie is), it was pretty damn close! And Stormy was pretty hot too. Love his long philosophical passages in the books. I've listened to the last few as audio books, and the reader does an amazing being Odd.

I've been reading the Lord of the Rings series again. Ah, the memories.

I've been reading the Lord of the Rings series again. Ah, the memories.

Awesome! I love that series. Read it each Christmas break in high school and then again when the movies were announced years later. My cat is named Pippin because I found him as a stray lying in the middle of Oakshire Street. We tried out Frodo for a couple days, but Pippin (Pip) won out.

If anybody is looking for a good read, I suggest This Dark Endeavor and Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel. It takes place before Victor Frankenstein creates his monster. Excellent books, but I suppose you would need to be in to this kind of stuff to like it.

Stephen King is pretty great. Some of the best scifi fantasy ive read came from him