Sign in to follow this  
Vetus

Dragon Quest - Yuusha Abel Densetsu

Yeah, getting this whole series in English has become a bane to my existence. I bought the whole series when it was released on DVD in Japan, and have basically used my Japanese language skills roughly equivalent of that of a Japanese kindergartener (which I realize they do not actually have) to watch it. It was pretty damn cool, though.

Interesting observation: Dragon Warrior and Dragon Quest, the former title being the US released version (obviously) used different music in different places, but not for any readily apparent reason. Just watch both versions of the first episode.

I think the anime was made somewhere between DQ IV and V. So it only features monsters from games before that. The headwear of Abel is also very similar to the main hero from IV.

It was aired on Japanese television in late 1989; in other words, between DQIII and IV.

So there you go!

Edited by Kabouter Slime

They was a group subbing this series up until february, they've done it up until episode 10 and then disapeared... too bad...

;) Ooooh, nice find Pendy, I'm gonna have to take a look at that sometime. I never even got to view the thirteen episodes that actually aired over here now that I think about it.

Fantastic.  I thought this project by 7th Element had disappeared.  I hope he finishes the rest of the series.

Incidentally, when I last corresponded with him, he said he was planning on uploading a torrent of all of the episodes, when he/they completed the sub project, but for now they would be available streaming on YouTube.

Some time ago I lost touch with the project, tried to find it again, and couldn't.  I'm glad to see (if it had been temporarily derailed) that it's back.

;) Which means it's only the first 13 episodes of the series, I'll wait for the guy on youtube to finish the entire series and then torrent it :thumbsup: Incedently, I wonder why they never continued the series after the fall of Baramos, I mean you had the real big Bad Zoma make an appearance in one scene, granted he was a shadowy figure but still.

^ Spoiler alert? ;-)

The first 10 episodes were subbed by a group called ANBU and posted as torrent downloads on their site, 2-3 years ago.  Because these were fully subbed, 7th Elem3nt didn't feel the need to redo them, so they began production starting with episode 11.  The plan is to post all of them available for single download upon completion, but my hopes are that they make it all the way.  No English fan sub project has ever gone this far with the Abel series before.

• Upvote 1

I have heard Zoma is in it. I plan on making some sprites based off of the show, sorry if this is a technical necro

http://7thelement.net/home/?p=78#comment-2321

Maybe if everyone comments about how much they want to see these episodes translated, we can drum up some support for the fansub of the series.  He accepts donations, but I don't know how much would motivate him to continue regularly subbing the episodes.  I just asked him that.

The last we heard from this project was the release of Episode 17, last January.

Hello,

for anyone interested in getting those subbed episodes 1- 10:

http://anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/dragon-quest

Copy pasting the links via jDownloader and doing an in depth search will get you all the links.

There is a download limit though, which had me waiting for one more day to finish downloading ;)

Regards

Looks like as of May 2015, Levels 18 and 19 were made available.  Subscribe to this guy's channel for future updates.

http://7thelement.net/?p=120

Ugh, it's only a sub? Pbbbt...

I don't want to read text while I'm watching a TV show.

I guess you'll have to wait for the fandub version.

Has anyone managed to pin down where to get some HQ RAWs of this as of yet?

I am leading a complete English fandub of this series, but the highest quality episodes I can muster are ones that have hardcoded French subtitles.

7th Element seems to have decent quality versions.  I posted a few links in the previous page in this thread about him.

Need any voice actors for the fandub?

7th Element seems to have decent quality versions.  I posted a few links in the previous page in this thread about him.

I will have a look.

Yes, we're seeking voice actors. Been prepping things so we can put up a Casting Call page on a few Voice Acting sites. The only role we've sealed is Daisy's who'll be voiced by an aspiring voice actress that is co-leader of this project. The rest are up for auditioning, once we place up our Casting Call.

Why? You perchance know some actors, mh?

7th Element seems to have decent quality versions. I posted a few links in the previous page in this thread about him.

I will have a look.

Yes, we're seeking voice actors. Been prepping things so we can put up a Casting Call page on a few Voice Acting sites. The only role we've sealed is Daisy's who'll be voiced by an aspiring voice actress that is co-leader of this project. The rest are up for auditioning, once we place up our Casting Call.

Why? You perchance know some actors, mh?

Hey! Are you still looking for voice actors by any chance? I'm an actor/voice actor living and working in the Dallas/Fort Worth market currently. I'd love to contribute to this project. I've done some anime voice work with FUNimation, but not a ton. And during the day I produce videos/motion graphics and have a great little edit suite where I can easily record good quality VO.

I've only recently discovered these DQ animes for myself, and would love to help in any capacity.

Best bet would be to buy the DVD's from Japan. I see them usually for $200-$300 shipped for the complete set.

Use those and rip them to throw the dub on top of.

I've thought about purchasing them from time to time in order just to have nice clean rips of them since it seems nobody has done this yet :(

• Upvote 1

I know! I often think, "I'd like to do that, but I'm really busy right now. The fandom is way bigger now, so surely somebody's done it." Nope!

• Upvote 1

I'm a little financially embarrassed right now or I would :) That's why I've got a bunch of random crap on Ebay! *wink wink nudge nudge*

$200-300 would be a steal at this point.  They're currently on eBay for $799.

It would be really great to own it, but 7thElement is already (slowly) translating them, and at this point I'm fine with just watching them digitally.  He's gotten farther in his subbing than anyone has before.

But you can own this for the low price of $3.95!

Edited by Liamland