Showing off your characters

Blumac81

Hiya folks, I just dropped by here to say hi, since I just joined these forums. I only joined for DQIX, first DQ game I ever played and it beat out my long time strategy rpg favorite (FF Tactics) it was so good! I'm trying to find people to do the local LAN thing with but havn't had any success :( At first I thought it used wi-fi for the multiplayer but turns out its just local... bah. Hopefully DQX will be that way eh? By the way, I saw someone with an awesome sig in which their 4 characters from their DQ9 game shows, I was wondering how to make that sig for myself! I also play WoW and I'm wishin that there was a site where you could have your characters updated automatically and look them up on a site, that'd be awesome huh. Maybe there's one where you manually input your character info? It's just that this is the only thing missing from this game, that multiplayer aspect (if you have no one to play local LAN with), is there any place to show off your characters?

Edited by Blumac81

I can make your team images for you if you fill out this form for each that you want done. Maximum of four though.

Title: A Name you've chosen to represent this sprite

Body Type: 1 - 5

Hair Style: 1 - 10

Hair Color: 1 - 10

Face: 1 - 10

Skin Color: 1 - 8

Eye Color: 1 - 8

Weapon:

Shield:

Head:

Torso:

Wrist:

Legs:

Feet:

If you don't follow the above format, the sprite might not be exactly as you want it to be.

Here is a sample of the design settings followed by the resultant sprite:

Title: Skull Soldier

Body Type: 1

Hair Style: 7

Hair Color: 7

Face: 2

Skin Color: 1

Eye Color: 6

Weapon: Uber falcon blade

Shield: White knight's shield

Head: Skull cap

Torso: Mirror armour

Wrist: Battler's bracers

Legs: Gigasteel kneecaps

Feet: Dragon warrior boots

RESULT:

Mike-6.png

To help you determine which numbers to choose for your sprite models, here are the sprite design panels:

01GenderPanel.png

02MaleBodyTypePanel.png02FemaleBodyTypePanel.png

03MaleHairStylePanel.png03FemaleHairStylePanel.png

04HairColorPanel.png

05MaleFacePanel.png05FemaleFacePanel.png

06SkinColorPanel.png

07EyeColorPanel.png

One day, some blessed soul will automate this process, but until then I don't mind doing it occasionally.

• Upvote 1

Oh, can you do that for my party when you have the time KZ?

Sure, but it'll cost ya! The good news is, all it will cost you is the few minutes of your time required to send me a message with the relevant details.

Oh, can you do that for my party when you have the time KZ?

Sure, but it'll cost ya! The good news is, all it will cost you is the few minutes of your time required to send me a message with the relevant details.

The PM is being written as we speak...well not right now as we speak because I'm taking the time to talk to you but in theoretical terms it is being written even though one could argue that theoretical terms are themselves theortical but no one would because that would be retarded...what was I doing?

...I actually have not started the PM yet but I will as soon as I finish this comment that has been full of both epic win and fail.

Can we give you the height and width instead of body type?

Yep, that would be fine. I'm using the save editor so that still makes it easy to follow.

this comment that has been full of both epic win and fail.

...mostly fail... ;)

Why must you foil me? ...Why must you do it? Anyway, message sent KZ. *cracks whip* now get goin'! ...jus kiddin

Awsome! Thanks a ton! I just got back from watchin a movie or I woulda seen it sooner. So I take the picture and just put it in my signature now?

Yep, be sure to use image tags just as you would if you were inserting the picture into a forum post.

I just finished putting together a picture on MS Paint.

Cool, is that the picture you will be using in your signature?

Yeah, I just uploaded it on Photoshop but photoshop apparently hates me so I'm uploading it to Photobucket...which I meant to upload it to in the first place.

Nice! Thanks KingZ! I'll be emailing you later about that :) I was wondering also if you can put the character's class under their name or something, I just think that might be cool :) Thanks again!

Nice! Thanks KingZ! I'll be emailing you later about that :) I was wondering also if you can put the character's class under their name or something, I just think that might be cool :) Thanks again!

Cool, I'll watch for your message.

As for the character's class, are you wanting me to do a layout for you? Because I was just planning on sending you four image files, one for each sprite. I might be willing to negotiate on that though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

uh... heh heh......im kinda a noob here so i dont know what image tags are. Would you mind explaining it?

uh... heh heh......im kinda a noob here so i dont know what image tags are. Would you mind explaining it?

In order to post a picture on the forum you need to use image tags. Here is an example:

imgtag.png

Of course instead of "wherever.com/something.png" you would use the url of the picture that you're trying to post.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

• 1 month later...

Hey,King Zenith,what program do you use for making the charaters? Can you put a link to it here?

also can you do it for me? does it have to be 4 party members or 1

i will be very thankful

Male

Body Type 2

Hairstyle: Type 9

Hair Color: Type 5

Face : type 2

skin: type 4

eye color: type 1

name :Gold

sword: Erdrick Sword

shield: Erdrick Shield