Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello,   New guy here (please don't be too harsh with comments). I'm a programmer with some time and an interest in this game for now.   I'm posting the news here first, since I got most of my en

I will be starting to learn how to translate DS Games from JP to ENG, if this translation is still ongoing or the Leader of the Translation sees this, may i get a updated version of the ROM so i can h

Here is the latest patch, along with instructions and the xdelta tool to apply it. 

I need some help with some stuffs that could be added to the walkthrough. If anyone knows, plz help..

The platform that contains the crystal gem, after getting the gem..blue spiral portal will show up, stand on it but nothing happens...what does it do n hw do i use it?

It warps you. When you gain the ability to teleport in a level, it will take you to that portal.

Would it be okay if I changed my status on the wiki from intersted in beta testing to beta testing? Irrelevant question is irrelevant.

You could have, but I just changed it.

I don't know if I'll be able to make a tool to help translate dialogs. This part might actually be longer than I expected. But at least, it seems possible.

Now, this picture should not be subject to imageshack problems. :shifty:

TranslationTitle.png

When is the next patch expected?

Quiz Answers

1.Iron turtle

2.two different dragon monsters

3.incarni or any other guest tag monster

4.centipede and rock slime

5.dark horn

6.strong monster (breed 2 level 20 F-D monsters)

7.blue-haired penquin(beach area)

8.monster with sleep guard

9.killer machine

10.rank 6 party

11.monster with the "standard killer" trait (S rank blue monster with club)

12.monster with the "metal killer" trait

13.Rank 7 party

Edited by InuYasha

When is the next patch expected?

Good question, I've just started to crack open the dialogs. It's going well, It seems that I should have enough space to put some decent text.

I could check for other remaining stuff, but for Items, skills, traits, and other stuff already patched, I'm kinda stuck until others can feed me more text to insert. When I play normally through the game, I replace what I see by what should be there, but right now, my playing time is reduced to (almost) nothing. However, I'm getting a lot better with dialogs, and hope to put at least the content up to wiggly hopefully by the end of this week.

Edited by SOuimet

My progress:

Added walkthroughs up to the Cliffs map

Adding a new FAQ section in the walkthrough, which will answer all the questions related to walkthrough(breeding , monument etc)

For the monsters list, sorry but i will upload the images of them later..as the walkthrough is more impt.

It warps you. When you gain the ability to teleport in a level, it will take you to that portal.

I see, thnx for the info. It's not the zoom spell that i've earned at the beginning of the game right?

no you can't change genders on your monsters in this game as far as I know,but there is items that let you either encounter male,female,or neutral(+ and -),if your referring to the tiny monument type things those are player skills they show up as a blue dot on the map,there are also male and female staffs you can breed with...

Thnx for all the info.

I just google it and realised that the breeding concept is the same in joker 1, it's been a while since i play the game, so i totally forgot about it.

Edited by velato

Hey, first, I'm really glad that someone finally takes on this project, and I wanted to thank you, SOuimet. Secondly, I read in the wiki that someone is already going to make the german translation of the patch: Could I help out there? German is my native language, so don't worry ;) If you still need people, I also could help you out with the English translation, just note that I'm not a hacker, and thus would only be able to translate, but not to extract the files. I hope I still can help somewhere ;)

Hey, first, I'm really glad that someone finally takes on this project, and I wanted to thank you, SOuimet. Secondly, I read in the wiki that someone is already going to make the german translation of the patch: Could I help out there? German is my native language, so don't worry ;) If you still need people, I also could help you out with the English translation, just note that I'm not a hacker, and thus would only be able to translate, but not to extract the files. I hope I still can help somewhere ;)

Hey. :) Yeah, i would like to translate everything from english to german, if you are interested, too. I'm not a hacker, but German is my mothertoungh

and english just my secound language, if you won't notice it, while reading this post, because my english is not that good. But I'm going to study german,

so my german is not that bad. :)

All in all i think it would be much better to translate it from english to german, when the final patch for the english version will be out.

Until then, you can do the same thing like me: BETA TESTING =) SOuimet30, what do you think? =)

Oh, why not? Beta testing sounds cool too ;) btw, German is also my mothertongue, actually, I got a bit of my English knowledge in school and the whole rest from surfing around on the internet, writing in forums etc. But, yeah, beta testing sure is awesome!

Oh, why not? Beta testing sounds cool too ;) btw, German is also my mothertongue, actually, I got a bit of my English knowledge in school and the whole rest from surfing around on the internet, writing in forums etc. But, yeah, beta testing sure is awesome!

did u got the game and the patch and everything? because i tryed to patch it with the translation.xdelta and then i couldn't continue at the ship because of the anti piracy patch :( the problem is that i need a clean rom FOR BOTH (!) the anti piracy patch AND the translation patch :( so i'm just able to play until the point where i have to talk to the GP (the men who guides you to the monster farm in the ship) because i'm not able to patch it twice (with translation & anti piracy patch) =(

but yes, if you like so, we can translate it together =)

Edited by WaNNaPLaYiTLouD

I see, thnx for the info. It's not the zoom spell that i've earned at the beginning of the game right?

No its not. Its a spell you get a bit later..

Same for me... Doesn't work with the patched ROM... Wouldn't it be possible to "add" those patches together?

Ok, I'll try to make a patch based on the AP patched version. I didn't think my patches would prevent or interfere with the AP patch, but anyway. In order to do it, I will have to make myself a AP patched "original" and then apply every modification I currently do. However, I'm pretty sure offsets will move, because of this AP patch. This will probably affect the speed at which I can produce this 2nd version.

Did someone tried to apply translation patches before the AP patch? I don't change any groups offsets, which should mean (in theory) that if it is applied before, the AP patch can run like if it would be an original game.

Anyway, I might have lost a few persons with theory, I will try to get a hand on this patch and see why they aren't 100% compatible.

As for the german version, (as well as the french version in progress already), I will soon put on the wiki pages lists that can be re-imported easily.

My focus currently is on the dialogs, but I know that others can work in parallel with other languages.

Is there someone interested in translating my version in japanese? ;)

Hmm i dont know if i could say here..plz delete this post if it's not allowed..

@miro2000 & iwannaplayitloud

I believe you guys have download the rom file for this and tried to apply the patch. What i did was to download the 5633 rom file not 5635 and apply the patch as usual using terminal. No errors receieved, and I managed to play the game up to the ruins without any problem.

I believe you guys have download the rom file for this and tried to apply the patch. What i did was to download the 5633 rom file not 5635 and apply the patch as usual using terminal. No errors receieved, and I managed to play the game up to the ruins without any problem.

Would you be able to post the md5sum of the clean ROM you are using?

Here are my current checksums:

My original game file is: MD5: bfab7f0b16f3feb01e2fd93bd0f4d85b SHA1: 602d6271c9993072cdcfb2d60958cb7b5f534b2a CRC32: 3335f587

With patch 1J: MD5: ccd0fc9169c20a6ff9059531b0e0c139 SHA1: 21881e0b804a9a2b088dd1eca948401cc1dad757 CRC32: f82db619

Clean Rom MD5: BFAB7F0B16F3FEB01E2FD93BD0F4D85B

Patched rom md5 : CCD0FC9169C20A6FF9059531B0E0C139

Same as SOuimet.

I tried the translation in an emulator with hex edited AP fixed it seem to be ok,of course since its slow as heck I wasn't able to play with it much...

Sorry but what does AP stand for?

Im using the latest version of desmume emulator to run the patched rom, i can say it run quite smooth and fast..but maybe tat's because of my computer specs. Using a core 2 duo here.

Edited by velato

Clean Rom MD5: BFAB7F0B16F3FEB01E2FD93BD0F4D85B

Patched rom md5 : CCD0FC9169C20A6FF9059531B0E0C139

Same as SOuimet.

I tried the translation in an emulator with hex edited AP fixed it seem to be ok,of course since its slow as heck I wasn't able to play with it much...

Sorry but what does AP stand for?

Im using the latest version of desmume emulator to run the patched rom, i can say it run quite smooth and fast..but maybe tat's because of my computer specs. Using a core 2 duo here.

It stands for anti-piracy...

Umm... idk what happened, but I experienced trouble (often crashed) with xdelta, so I uninstalled it and then tried to re-install it. Didn't work. As soon as I start the installation program, I see a console message about "not enough available space to perform this operation" for half a second, and then nothing happens anymore. I already tried downloading it again, clearing my bin, starting CCleaner, start the installation program as administrator AND with compatibility mode -> nothing worked... I want to translate my patched rom... :( The only thing left to say?smiley.png:P

Edited by miro1200

Umm... idk what happened, but I experienced trouble (often crashed) with xdelta, so I uninstalled it and then tried to re-install it. Didn't work. As soon as I start the installation program, I see a console message about "not enough available space to perform this operation" for half a second, and then nothing happens anymore. I already tried downloading it again, clearing my bin, starting CCleaner, start the installation program as administrator AND with compatibility mode -> nothing worked... I want to translate my patched rom... :( The only thing left to say?smiley.png:P

Try this version of xdelta, should work..no installation needed. Just browse for the rom , apply the patch and set an an output file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k323j0r2rw8t137

Edited by velato

@ everyone who has problems playing the patch:

Yesterday i got a solution:

NOTE: you'll need the r4i flashcard !!!

IN DEEP GUIDE is also posted on my video:

watch?v=oGKqglxRIkA (or just follow this link: http://www.dicastia.com/2011/03/5635-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-2.html)

In brief: YOU NEED TO HAVE R4i Card and then download the "unofficial firmware version" (http://filetrip.net/ajax.php?action=download&id=24640)

NOTE: you need to copy the following things from the official r4i version to your flashcard, too:

(otherwise it would show you "Menu?" on the top screen when launching your flashcard in your ds with the unofficial firmware version)

-R4iMenü (the folder)

-R4.dat

(these files can be taken from the newest version of the official firmware version from r4i (here: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp)

when you copied the unofficial firmware version & the two files from the official version,

you just need to patch the clean rom with the translation.xdelta patch (with the xdeltaUI.exe).

After that, drag your patched rom to your flashcard & you are able to play !!! =)

BTW: here are my first bug reports:

c6 bc! = the enemy didn't noticed you

c77 = (after scouting) the scout failed

c79 = (after scouting) the monster just waits

c7 = the enemy hits first

(i'll add more soon ! )

Edited by WaNNaPLaYiTLouD

Well techinally any cart with a firmware updated that has this game fixed should work,sadly the CycloDS team doesn't tend to update their firmware as quickly if a patch is out...