Sign in to follow this  
SOuimet

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

Link works for me

Hey TA, I'll add you on Skype, but most of the time I don't have time to chat.  You can post messages though and I can response to them later when I do have time (kinda like good ol' fashioned email ;)  ).

What happened to the wiki? It had the only English Joker 2 Pro walkthrough I knew, and the Internet Archive is only getting me the first page of that walkthrough back.

Edited by CaptainGame

For the stuff that was in the original, it's mostly unchanged, so you can use a basic guide. For the new, post game dungeon, I'm sure we can help.

Does anyone know how to get the "Select Monster at Library and Press L+R, Hold Select During Fusion to Obtain Select Monsters" AR code to work? I highlight the monster in the library, I press L and R, I hold select before I talk to to the Lump Wizard, and the first option just becomes a glitch. 

Edit: Never mind, I had to hold L and R and push A while highlighting it.

Edited by CaptainGame

Actually, the way the trick is doneis by holdng Select as you select the synthesis result....at least that's how it works for me

Alright... Post-game confusion. I got the Tantamount tail and brought it to Elder Pipit, and I also beat Libranex and got the Dark Crystal, but I still can't get past this dark gate in the second floating island area. Help? 

Edit: N/M, found some spanish video that's helping.

Edited by CaptainGame

Someone can explain me how to patch the game? I really don't understand the Xdelta.

anyone know which files contain the dialogues and other untranslated text?  I have so far been unable to locate them using tinke, crystaltile2 and emeditor

Someone can explain me how to patch the game? I really don't understand the Xdelta.

If your having problems with command line then use one of the GUI.

Do the work scripts you worked on to translate contain the original text and the translated text?

I would love to reference some of this stuff in an effort, working on the 3DS games.

Also, what is this? 

イオマータ

Its a form of Bang beyond Kaboomle i believe.

I don't think so. While the naming is similar, it's more akin to something like Multi-Fists, dealing 8 to sixteen hits on random targets.

But this is multi fists: ã°ãã‚Œã¤ã‘ã‚“

ã°ãã‚Œã¤ã‘ã‚“

I know. I'm just saying the move is LIKE multifists. As in you select the first target, and the rest of the hits go to random foes

I made a general DQ Chat channel in discordapp.com which will also provide news on fan translations.

https://discord.gg/012KRwRPA9dYuWF5z

Please sign up and join.  Its free and very mobile friendly.

Edited by Z6n4
  • Upvote 1

It seems to be the names of most monsters, skills and traits, but really that's it. As far as I can tell, dialogue hasn't been touched.

Don't mind me asking, but are there any plans in place to continue this project, I mean it's been on hiatus for almost 2 years.

I really hope so.

As far as I can tell, there's been no work done on it lately. I believe Souimet dropped it for some reason or another, so unless someone else picks it back up. Don't hold your breath.