Sign in to follow this  
SOuimet

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

Is there anything I can do to help the translation process go along? I don't really have much of a jap background but I've got a lot of programming background.

Well, for now, I would "need" someone with DS disassembler skills to progress or beta testers for the latest stuff I did (basically, picking up most of the english text).

Actually, I would have a version to release now, but my only concern right now is that I need beta testers who won't leak stuff on the web.

^Sorry if this sounds rude but could I be a beta tester for this game, basiclly already beat the main story of the normal version so I'll know where to go easily/ find bugs quickly (if there even are some of course). Also more importantly I have some spare time so I can often test it out (includes future Updates of course).

If you could send me a link any chance you could send it by e-mail (or by pm if that is easier).

I think this is probably a good place to ask my question:

Do you have the wi-fi section translated? I am trying to participate in the Tournament but I have no idea how to log on and download a team.

Thanks.

all u need is a DS emulator and a patch to put DQMJ2Pro in english. it exists i know this, unfortunately i cant provide youw ith the links

Latest patch does have a lot of the WiFi menus translated, but not everything. Here are some samples:

WiFi1.png

WiFi2.png

WiFi3.png

The ones that are labeled things like WiFi 61 etc. are the ones that are not yet translated. It's come a long way. SOuimet is a machine.

Well, those that insist on being beta testers can PM me here, with a valid e-mail address. I'll send a few beta tests. If I see or hear about leaks, I'll stop.

(I actually completed me note a few minutes later...)

Edited by SOuimet

good job man! excellent work

Well, those that want to be beta testers can PM me here, with a valid e-mail address.

I'll send a few beta tests. (I do hope to get feedback on things that aren't ok)

If I see or hear about leaks of the patch on the web, I'll stop.

The Wifi is usable, it's my current focus right now, but the work is going slowly, as US wifi and Jap wifi aren't at the same time, so I can't directly compare both.

Also, they aren't exactly the same either.

Well, those that want to be beta testers can PM me here, with a valid e-mail address.

I'll send a few beta tests. (I do hope to get feedback on things that aren't ok)

If I see or hear about leaks of the patch on the web, I'll stop.

The Wifi is usable, it's my current focus right now, but the work is going slowly, as US wifi and Jap wifi aren't at the same time, so I can't directly compare both.

Also, they aren't exactly the same either.

When you get a chance to can you possible update the wiki with the stuff that has been translated? I'd hate to translate something that is already translated.

Also I sent you a PM with a few issues I found and I sent a bit of translated text to you.

Well, I just won me a Cap crow in Pro while translating a part of the Wi-Fi battle gifts.

That's how they made it to be able to get more than one in Pro I guess.

I'm finalizing a few things and will probably send the updated version to the beta testers.

Did you make a breakthrough with the scripts, or are you just working on menus right now?

Only menus and other stuff, no breakthrough yet. I have to use "brute force" to get scripts halfway readable, with some unwanted repetitions.

Never Mind i got one.

Edited by NeohopeSTF

I'm really happy to see that some people are putting work into a translation. I was hoping we would get J2 Pro when they first announced that Joker 2 was coming over at all, I'm glad to see that we might be able to get it now.

Keep up the awesome work you guys. :)

Your doing good so far i can't to play this on my Acekard

Just a thought, but you should set up a way to donate to you. Once this is done, I would love to be able to throw you money for your hardwork.

I'm currently "off the web" most of the time these days, so I don't check in often. Things haven't progressed recently, due to a lack of time. I'll have another try at cracking the dialogs text in the holidays. For the rest, I'm currently waiting for the beta testers (and to those wanting to beta test that I haven't responded yet, it's just because I haven't had the time to do so, not because I do not want...)

SOuimet, first: sorry for bothering you.

So, can you give me the latest translation patch for Dragon Quest Joker 2 PRO by PM or EMAIL?

Because the link on your wiki is not working anymore.

Hi SOuimet sorry for bothering you during the holidays but do you think you could PM me the newest translation patch the link on the wiki is down. Thanks! Happy Holidays!

Hi SOuimet sorry for bothering you during the holidays but do you think you could PM me the newest translation patch the link on the wiki is down. Thanks! Happy Holidays!

He said to message him on here and ask for the beta, but he also told us he is busy around the holidays so he doesn't have time to message the beta to anyone.

good work on the patch thus far dude! Really am hoping that the official english version will be out so it can be bought.

Anyways some interesting thingsi noticed in the pro version. For one when making an X or XY mionster you dont have to spend skill points to upgrade skills. The new monster you make will alrdy have skills that can be upgraded to the next level will be so. Oh and does anyone know how to make a hunter mech in this version of J2?

i have provided synth charts for Joker 2 pro. woodus added them to the den main page (although i never saw my name in the announcements :(. was waitin for "Thanks to DJ BlackJack and ss14hero for providing us with some synths for joker2 pro!!!!" but never got it)

*whimpers*

hunter mechs are easily scouted tho........