Sign in to follow this  
SOuimet

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

I hoped to see more of the translation but I'm having issues with my rom..I downloaded a version with the AP patch already installed that I got from Wannaplayit but I can't find the old man anywhere,anyone got any tricks or tips to help?

Would someone be so kind as to send me an updated patch? Not the Rom mind you, just the patch that SOuimet and the wonderful team here has been working on?

hello anyone mind sending my the link to the patch iv been looking for one for a while then found you guys saying you had one

Uh. Not in North America or European territories.

NA September 19, 2011

EU October 7, 2011

And these won't be the Pro version, which is being worked on by this team.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

actually grand alchemist he is right, it was leaked a few hours ago on the main rom sites. im playing it now =)

the AP is already cracked too.

the initial monster selection seems to be the following,

ghost.png

komodo.png

platypunk.png

so... yea, that sort of confirms that it is not the professional version;but oh well, im glad to have this in english at all =) plus the data will help souimets work out a lot

Edit;dangit. i cant get those first few pictures to work =/ its badegg, capsichum and bag o laughs

Edited by Riftweaver81

tumblr_loreu14siQ1qbipv3o1_500.gif

OK, wow, how'd that happen? Press copies haven't been sent, far as I know. Campaign hasn't even kicked into full swing yet. Maybe it was a factory or distribution center swipe. Happens with Transformers n' stuff all the time.

Edited by Dwaine

Probaly how it usually happens sometimes,stores receive early shipments and are not told to sell to so and so date store ignores it and someone buys and dumps it, now the pro translation can continue...

actually grand alchemist he is right, it was leaked a few hours ago on the main rom sites. im playing it now =)

the initial monster selection seems to be the following,

ghost.png

komodo.png

platypunk.png

so... yea, that sort of confirms that it is not the professional version;but oh well, im glad to have this in english at all =) plus the data will help souimets work out a lot

Edit;dangit. i cant get those first few pictures to work =/ its badegg, capsichum and bag o laughs

Holy $#!& it even seems to be the international version since afriend who just got it told me it would be even german not english for him...

Hope that doesn't affect the selling too much or we won't get anymore releases at all >.>

Is the english Rom really released?

Edited by Dark Dream

I will do my best to try to make a pro english version (well, the stuff translated).

I don't want this thread to be overwhelmed before the release.

I don't want to affect any sales either, so don't change plans because of this...

I'll do my work silently (maybe a few e-mails to a few hand picked beta testers).

Don't expect any release before the game is out.

What I can tell is that the same kind of structure is used (maybe a few changes) and the same alpha table.

I still don't know if dialogs will be workable, but the rest should be kinda easy.

I might even be able to get some stuff for the other multi-5 languages.

I'll probably make some lists for the game (monsters, breeding, stuff like that) before or for the release.

For the game patch itself however, I don't want to release it before the game is out (for some time), in order not to affect it's release.

I'm still VERY grateful that this game is coming out here.

Wow. Failure...

That is unbelievable. A month early. It would be a good time for some wise guy (or Nintendo?) to float some bricking ROMs around.

after having played both games all the way to the final boss, i can see why so many people are pissed off about the english release not being the pro version.

the base game just feels so barren and empty compaired to pro. the lack of varity in monsters everywhere is really dissapointing and it makes no sense at all for there to be multiple gigantes walking around in the final dungeon (in pro, it is a Pruslas, or baalzak, icant remember..). plus no fallen priests in the final dungeon seemed pretty stupid too, depsite them being in the game. just a lot of other random missing monsters/changed locations is sort of suckage too. like not being able to find a swarm trooper till much farther in the jungle area. in pro they are right there outside the airship with slimes! fantastic early game monster.

the base game is still a very fun game. it is everything i love about handheld rpgs plus the awesome goodness of monster breeding. i am looking forward to the translation getting completed, or (hope against hopes) they release it officialy sometime next year.

Well i dont wanna play the vanilla version of the game, but i feel i might crack before that happens and buy it. I wanna play it and then go back and hopefully you guys's translation will be done by then. Im rooting for you guys. Your my heroes here. Ill be back daily for updates to this thread and ill be waiting for a Pro english patch. Cheers.

i just talked with him about this earlier. dont expect daily updates =) he is working on it and doing his best and as fast as he can. there might be some more solid info next week.

i would recomend playing the vanilla version while you wait. it will allow you to appriciate the pro version a lot more! plus it is still a fantastic game and worth playing through twice

i just talked with him about this earlier. dont expect daily updates =) he is working on it and doing his best and as fast as he can. there might be some more solid info next week.

i would recomend playing the vanilla version while you wait. it will allow you to appriciate the pro version a lot more! plus it is still a fantastic game and worth playing through twice

And if you don't support the series by buying a solid copy I will beat your skull in ^_^

i already have my store copy still in the box next to me =) the gamestop near me got them in early, and i've been friends with the manager for so long he didnt mind selling me an early copy.

i just dont have a reason to take it out of the box lol

sorry, i didnt see the post till just now. the most recent patch he released was a few months ago, and it had some changes to it that sort of messed things up by replacing most skills/wifi menu's with placeholder tags. so it got a bit confusing. if you use the one thats on the wiki, that one should be completely playable.

we all (myself included) will just have to be paitent while he works on fixing things =) trust me, it will be worth the wait

Hi! I've been following this thread for a while, but I didn't feel like giving the patch a try until I saw what version was being localized. Now that the English version is out, I was looking for the patch--but it's vanished! Can anyone PM or email me a copy of the patch? It seems everytime it gets uploaded it's removed... which shouldn't normally happen for just a translation patch :( I've been looking for a few days now and it'd be nice to see all the extras pro added! I finished the original version about a month before pro came out a year ago, but I was monster'd out and wanted to wait a bit :P

The patch is vanishing because Squenix is hunting the rom downloads and the patch downloads too.

They knew, but didn't tell us, that they would release an english version, and probably didn't want to lose market (which is kinda stupid because my version was far from complete).

For this reason, to prevent problems for/with Squenix, I stopped releasing patches directly on the web.

Also, for "personal" reasons, I was taking a break during summer for patch content (also because it was harder and harder to put new content).

I'm currently working on a patch based on the english version.

Currently, there are bugs because of some incompatibilities (the english version is more advanced in a way, it uses parameters like monster names and kinds in messages in battle and on the menu. It wasn't done like that in japanese and cannot be done that way).

When those bugs will be fixed, I'll release another patch for beta testers first.

Then, I'll work on ingame text, which I really hope will be kinda like copying and pasting.

However, I did found differences already in the cutscenes between both versions, so even there, I might have problems.

Also remember that I'm simply a single programmer with no understanding of japanese what so ever except through online translation and no game assembly skills.

Basically, if I was a true good game hacker/cracker with some assembly skills like those who released full translation patches for other games, it would be kinda easy as the game is pretty much wide open.

However, I had hoped to be able to find and help one of those hackers with what I found.

Instead, because of lack of interest or time of other hackers, I became the single hacker for this game with no other hacking help.

So the parts where it's not direct text replacement (like dialogs) are a lot harder for me.

I read a bunch of stuff to help me (it did to some point), and if I can somehow understand a few things remaining, I might be able to complete this.

I didn't dropped the project, and will release the most advanced version I can.

We still don't know if Squenix will release the pro version (they should, but that's not my call).

Most said that we wouldn't have the basic version, others (like me) said we would receive the pro version (which we didn't).

Who knows, they might already have a team working on the pro version now with a release next year.

My only goal is to provide, for the pro version (the most complete of the two), a way for us to play it.

I want to play it, I know others want to play it too.

Like for DQ6, there was an english patch released before the real game (which was developped with people that come here if I read correctly).

Before, those who wanted to play would get that patch. After the game got released, the patch became kinda useless (even if I like this translation better) (and hopefully, people buyed the real game).

I do hope my patch for the pro version will become useless after a future release of a real multi-language pro version of the game.

What I want to achieve (and kinda did already) is to give interest in the game.

Before I started working on it, all I saw was a few people on the different boards asking for a release date and moving away because there wasn't any.

After I started it, even before the release date, a lot more people on the same different boards began to ask how to breed whatever monster, how to go here and there, work began on a walkthrough, etc.

However, it did raise interest in the pro version instead of the basic version, because it's better.

I do hope Squenix will release it and obsolete my patches.

i fully agree with your wish that they would make all the work you've done this summer worthless by releasing pro officialy. however, i dont see that happening.. maybe by next summer? that would be awesome, but i wont hold my breath =)

if it helps any though, you could probably go light on the conversation translating and just focus on the important things like skills, names, items, menu names, weapons and descriptions. stuff like that

concidering how stupid the storylne is, we wouldnt be missing much =) even more so because it just doesnt matter.. maybe only doing the conversations in the new world would be ok though. since without a walkthrough that place is really confusing.

hell, you could even go so far as to just make everybody talk like a caveman to help out. 'why you on ship? you want be scout? oh no, our ship crash!' lol, its not like their thick british accents are any better.

all im really saying is release what you can to make the game playable.. the conversations arnt needed, at least not till the other stuff is done =) but knowing what skills do what, or what the wifi menu's say... thats important! either way, im behind you 100%, i just wish i had any sort of skills to help you out.