Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello,   New guy here (please don't be too harsh with comments). I'm a programmer with some time and an interest in this game for now.   I'm posting the news here first, since I got most of my en

I will be starting to learn how to translate DS Games from JP to ENG, if this translation is still ongoing or the Leader of the Translation sees this, may i get a updated version of the ROM so i can h

Here is the latest patch, along with instructions and the xdelta tool to apply it. 

Can you breed it?

Yes, with Alabast Dragon + Tyrannosaurus Wrecks

Is that the orange dragon with the hammer?

Not really, it's 339.png + 356.png = 361.png

Well crap never seen that one before,I can easily get an alablast dragon from GJ,so is Tyrannosaurus Wrecks breedable and/or findable?

He's breedable. =)

Kap.pngKap + Hyperanemon.png Hyperanemon

(both can be scouted on New World)

Hey guys, I'm sure you already know but the patch currently on the wiki page has been taken down. Along with pretty much every single rom file for the game. Also I was wondering if one of you guys could send me an email with a zip file of patch and rom. My email should be view able on my profile. Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I'm sure you already know but the patch currently on the wiki page has been taken down. Along with pretty much every single rom file for the game. Also I was wondering if one of you guys could send me an email with a zip file of patch and rom. My email should be view able on my profile. Thanks guys.

Well, I won't send the rom itself, but I'm currently checking for putting back the patch (latest) online (with 2 sources), which could be the last patch until the game comes out officially. If the links get removed, then that's too bad, but it won't be before most of those interested will have gotten it.

If the game is the pro, then there won't be any need for this translation anymore. If it isn't, I will translate what needs to be translated. So in both case, we would have a pro version in September.

ok, I got the rom, although it was extremely annoying I tried 15 sites until one had it up on an obscure website i've never heard of as a 7z file. Filesonic I think it was called. It was literally the only website it was a 7zip file. Maybe you could put the patch file on there as a 7z file. It might not help, but its worth a shot I suppose.

ok, I got the rom, although it was extremely annoying I tried 15 sites until one had it up on an obscure website i've never heard of as a 7z file. Filesonic I think it was called. It was literally the only website it was a 7zip file. Maybe you could put the patch file on there as a 7z file. It might not help, but its worth a shot I suppose.

Well maybe its not "obscure" but its a lot less popular then megaupload or mediafire.

Also i have the rom, but can someone send me the patch please? Thanks

Edited by Kisamefishfry

on file-sharing sites:

- rapidshare and megaupload are the classics.

- filesonic and fileserve are the hot thing right now in filesharing.

- hotfile I wouldn't use, since links seems to die so easily there. looks like mediafire is going that way too.

of course, still gotta be careful about publishing a link.

as for the patch, you could use the link I posted last page till we get the new one

the mirror on the last page is blocked. Don't use megaupload media fire or rapid share. Im pretty sure they get checked alot, and also name it something weird.Name it like FencingFoxFTWPATCH.zip or some other not obvious name.

still works for me(using a different browser, of course, not the one with my MU account logged on), so must be something on your end

and yeah, I usually make up a filename, sometimes even password protect the files I upload, dont know why I didnt bother with this one

I wouldnt use my name since it's not my work tho(and yeah, I know it was an example, but still)

still works for me(using a different browser, of course, not the one with my MU account logged on), so must be something on your end

and yeah, I usually make up a filename, sometimes even password protect the files I upload, dont know why I didnt bother with this one

I wouldnt use my name since it's not my work tho(and yeah, I know it was an example, but still)

im going to assume last time I tried the link I missed a number or something when I copied it. It worked now, thanks for the link!

Well that sucks. But the only thing it confirms is no extra monsters. However Nintendo may have added some balancing and rank increasing that can't be done until later. Or maybe im just optimistic.

Well, I will continue the translation if it really is non-pro.

However, I do think that it's because the demo is non-pro, that this review tells that this is the non-pro that will come at August.

I still think that the real one will be pro.

Hey, this project is still going, right? I just booted up what you have so far, looks good!

It's still going, but I'm taking it relax for the summer, while waiting for the real one.

"Like the original Dragon Quest Monsters Joker you cannot control your monsters. After you choose "fight" your team decides which enemy to target and attacks to use. New to Joker 2 is you have three monsters under your control."

HA i love how stupid the 'reviewer' proved himself to be because of those 2 sentences

i haven't been on much lately, so i haven't been up to speed with the translation patch...

when will the latest patch be available? and if so, can you please pm me the link?