Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

Good news - You can use beef jerky on the liquid metal king slime,so you have a 1 in 10 shot of scouting it the legit way.

Bad news - I havn't figured out how to deal with its high ablity of fleeing.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello,   New guy here (please don't be too harsh with comments). I'm a programmer with some time and an interest in this game for now.   I'm posting the news here first, since I got most of my en

I will be starting to learn how to translate DS Games from JP to ENG, if this translation is still ongoing or the Leader of the Translation sees this, may i get a updated version of the ROM so i can h

Here is the latest patch, along with instructions and the xdelta tool to apply it. 

Good news - You can use beef jerky on the liquid metal king slime,so you have a 1 in 10 shot of scouting it the legit way.

Damn... So it is possible?? You really want him, don't ya? ;)

Can't remeber how to breed him... Or if it is even possible?

Because if it is possible, I think it would be faster to breed him instead of scouting him...

Are there any good monsters with psyche up in this game? I can't seem to be able to scout monsters anymore because the percentages are so low (I'm talking about the underground ruins by the way).

This is probably a really dumb question to ask, but where do you get the second player skill? I probably missed it somewhere and what do the large crystal gem pads do? After I interact with it, the crystal goes into the pad and turns it blue. Sorry, I'm really bad at describing things.

I believe the 2nd player skill is located somewhere in the first area.

Also, the crystals that go into the pads and turns blue are warp points for the Warp Player skill.

*edit* ninja'd >_<

Edited by Lightning Edge

Are there any good monsters with psyche up in this game? I can't seem to be able to scout monsters anymore because the percentages are so low (I'm talking about the underground ruins by the way).

I would suggest using Oomph rather than psyching for it takes way to long.

If your monsters have decent attack with oomph you can get quite good percentages of course

additionally psyching up would be even better ^^

Edit: Where do you get that "Beef Jerkey" and what exactly does it do anyway?

Edited by Warez

Its stats are: HP=350, MP=500, Str=500, Def=2000, Agi=2000, Wis=1500, Exp: 655350, can drop "The silver sword" (best sword of the game), or a level upper.

It's not immune or resistant to: Dazzle, Drain, Sap, Decelerate, Dim

Small idea: Grab one (or more) "Paws" (shark with legs in the coast section) for breeding purposes (it's skillset only).

Use it's "huntermech" skillset, which really should (and probably will) be renamed "Metal Hunter".

At max, it's the metal killer trait, which allow to bypass the Metal body trait, so that only defense count.

Another thing you can do if you can spare a turn, is using Sap or the item Def Downer which it shouldn't be immune to, to reduce the defense to 25% of 2000 defense, so it will be 500.

Basically, with defense down (x4) and metal killer (x3), and Oomph/Oomphle (x2) your chances should raise a lot.

Also, with that much attack, I hope you have hit squad to prevent hitting the damage cap.

Here's what I'll try when I get there:

Round 1: 3 monsters with metal killer and metal weapons. Monster 1: Oomphle, Monster 2: Sap, Monster 3 (optional): Oomphle, Sap or Psych, Item = Timbrel of tension or Beef jerky

Round 2: Try to scout

Notes for a third monster:

Second Oomphle is still useful, Oomph raise by 2 (max, 2x), while Oomphle raises by 1 only (1.5x).

Second Sap is not that useful, as Sap lower by 2 (3/4) (Don't use Kasap, it only lower by 1 (1/2). It's only in case the first one would miss.)

Psych would bring it's tension to 25 (or 50 if by chance it was raised at the fight start).

If your monsters have decent attack with oomph you can get quite good percentages of course

Actually, vs Metal, Sap or def downer is about the best advise I would give, and Metal killer being the second one.

Between Oomph and Tension, Tension (+5) is better than Oomphle (once), Oomph (or two Oomphle) is better than one tension, 2 tension (+25) or more is better than Oomph or two Oomphle, but takes longer.

Beef Jerky is a rare item found in the cabin of the ship after finishing, or by rare monster drops (the highest drop rates would be from Bjorn or Belial).

Edited by SOuimet

Can you give me a list of some monsters that have oomph then? I actually haven't switched up my team for a while and kind of paying the price because I can't beat the dark leonyx

Its stats are: HP=350, MP=500, Str=500, Def=2000, Agi=2000, Wis=1500, Exp: 655350, can drop "The silver sword" (best sword of the game), or a level upper.

It's not immune or resistant to: Dazzle, Drain, Sap, Decelerate, Dim

Small idea: Grab one (or more) "Paws" (shark with legs in the coast section) for breeding purposes (it's skillset only).

Use it's "huntermech" skillset, which really should (and probably will) be renamed "Metal Hunter".

At max, it's the metal killer trait, which allow to bypass the Metal body trait, so that only defense count.

Another thing you can do if you can spare a turn, is using Sap or the item Def Downer which it shouldn't be immune to, to reduce the defense to 25% of 2000 defense, so it will be 500.

Basically, with defense down (x4) and metal killer (x3), and Oomph/Oomphle (x2) your chances should raise a lot.

Also, with that much attack, I hope you have hit squad to prevent hitting the damage cap.

Here's what I'll try when I get there:

Round 1: 3 monsters with metal killer and metal weapons. Monster 1: Oomphle, Monster 2: Sap, Monster 3 (optional): Oomphle, Sap or Psych, Item = Timbrel of tension or Beef jerky

Round 2: Try to scout

Notes for a third monster:

Second Oomphle is still useful, Oomph raise by 2 (max, 2x), while Oomphle raises by 1 only (1.5x).

Second Sap is not that useful, as Sap lower by 2 (3/4) (Don't use Kasap, it only lower by 1 (1/2). It's only in case the first one would miss.)

Psych would bring it's tension to 25 (or 50 if by chance it was raised at the fight start).

Actually, vs Metal, Sap or def downer is about the best advise I would give, and Metal killer being the second one.

Between Oomph and Tension, Tension (+5) is better than Oomphle (once), Oomph (or two Oomphle) is better than one tension, 2 tension (+25) or more is better than Oomph or two Oomphle, but takes longer.

Beef Jerky is a rare item found in the cabin of the ship after finishing, or by rare monster drops (the highest drop rates would be from Bjorn or Belial).

I used that item that gives the monster a random status effect(not sure which one it gives to the LMKS)guessing its immune to par?,are there any size 2 or 3 monsters that outspeed it?

I used that item that gives the monster a random status effect(not sure which one it gives to the LMKS)guessing its immune to par?,are there any size 2 or 3 monsters that outspeed it?

Only one that do come near it are Gem slime (1800 agi) and Girl Slider (2000 agi + Agi gamble).

Basically, Girl Slider, at max, with luck at the start of the fight, and some Agi1, Agi2, Agi3 or SP Agi is about the only who can outspeed a liquid metal king.

Maybe Gem Slime with SP Agi (didn't count if it does exceed 2000, edit: no, Agi up SP = 165 agi, so 1965 max).

Both are size 2.

However, a few are "Early birds" and strike first without agility.

Edited by SOuimet

I'll have to check if I have any early bird monsters...

~Edit~

If he uses will slash you'll get a 2nd turn but it usually flees after 1 or 2 attacks(if he doesn't flee on the first turn that is),I doubt it but would traits work against it? such ones like war cry or something that might help?,early bird seems to help but i'm not sure theres anything that will help much except extreme luck...

Edited by InuYasha

I just saw the demon-at-arms in the underground ruins and I hadn't beaten dark leonyx yet. He spawned for several seconds and disappeared. The first time this happened, I didn't get to him fast enough and he just disappeared, but I exited the room and came back and went straight for him and got into a battle with him. Is this just a glitch or is there a rare case for it happening?

awesome project you are doing.

i would love to help if possible. although i can't understand japanese either, i can find any untranslated names for any monster, skill, trait, etc. if possible through the many wiki sites. also, if any beta tests are made, i would like to help test it to see if there are any mistakes and stuff like that.

awesome project you are doing.

i would love to help if possible. although i can't understand japanese either, i can find any untranslated names for any monster, skill, trait, etc. if possible through the many wiki sites. also, if any beta tests are made, i would like to help test it to see if there are any mistakes and stuff like that.

Well, I've started a wiki too (direct link).

In it, I add my own stuff I extracted directly from the game (like breeding lists, monsters stats, upgradable skillsets, and stuff like that), and others included nice stuff like a walkthrough and some suggestions for breeding.

Now, patches are sent to testers by a mailing list, and that mailing list is in the "Beta-testers" section of that feedback page.

So, I send the patch to "beta-testers" who then have to enjoy the game.

I don't send the patch to those that don't...

If they happen to be able to help by providing stuff like missing skills or mistakes or stuff like that, then it's even better for everybody.

I then accept the "modifications" of untranslated stuff, or mistakes, either by email (replying to a patch email) or there's an online spreadsheet to write this stuff also.

In order to add yourself to this mailing list, I need an e-mail address, either "PM" me on this forum (do not put an e-mail in this thread), or by leaving the e-mail on the wiki, in the Beta-Testers page of the Feedback page (Wiki->Feedback->Beta-testers).

Woohoo I finally scouted him!(her to be exact since its female)

Liquid Metal King Slime

L50

HP 97

MP 485

Atk 194

Def 727

Agi 727

Wis 727

Edited by InuYasha

Liquid Metal King Slime

L50

HP 97

MP 485

Atk 194

Def 727

Agi 727

Wis 727

Grats for your catch. I guess you'll be able to share your experience and celebrate your 100th post with your brand new flying liquid metal.

I also guess that it will be breed with a carefully placed phoenix staff to try to max it.

I just saw the demon-at-arms in the underground ruins and I hadn't beaten dark leonyx yet. He spawned for several seconds and disappeared. The first time this happened, I didn't get to him fast enough and he just disappeared, but I exited the room and came back and went straight for him and got into a battle with him. Is this just a glitch or is there a rare case for it happening?

It is always there, it just warps from one side of the bridge to the other or to the side alcove next to the bridge, also that nodoph ting is always next toteh blue chest, if it's not then I guess I'm just lucky, because for me it was always there (including the demon at arms) for the 8 times atleast I went to the underworld before beating dark leonyx.

Liquid Metal King Slime

L50

HP 97

MP 485

Atk 194

Def 727

Agi 727

Wis 727

Grats for your catch. I guess you'll be able to share your experience and celebrate your 100th post with your brand new flying liquid metal.

I also guess that it will be breed with a carefully placed phoenix staff to try to max it.

Funny thing is after I caught it my battery went red,once it uses will slash you will get a 2nd turn but thank god for beef jerky otherwise I might not of bothered trying,but it does feel good hunting something and catching it without a cheat code or save state :)

Edited by InuYasha

Funny thing is after I caught it my battery went red,once it uses will slash you will get a 2nd turn but thank god for beef jerky otherwise I might not of bothered trying,but it does feel good hunting something and catching it without a cheat code or save state :)

Another thing that might be useful would be to try "Heart Break" skill. One of my monsters insisted on using it when I put it on auto-attack against metal slimes and liquid metal, and I saw it stopped them (Inaction). Also, I saw this skill in the list of "Metal Crush" skillset. This skillset also has G41 (which is a seal of "NoSelf") and G42 (which is something like Odor Cut, I translate it with Smelly Slash for now). The G42 also seems to be able to disable all enemies in an anti-Metal skillset, I guess they should not be immune.

So a nice attempt could be an Early Bird with these skills.

Interesting,let me know how it all works out when you give it a try.

~Edit~

I guess my next mission is to get an egg to spawn in the shop,does it require anything wifi related to hatch them?

Edited by InuYasha