Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Pro translation

Nice,thanks :D

E:// And i really love this English patch :D

It´s a great help for beating this nice Game

If somebone need´s some help, i already Translated some PSP games into German

(Monster Hunter portable 2g and Monster hunter Portable 3 ;) )

Edited by Zephir-sama
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello,   New guy here (please don't be too harsh with comments). I'm a programmer with some time and an interest in this game for now.   I'm posting the news here first, since I got most of my en

I will be starting to learn how to translate DS Games from JP to ENG, if this translation is still ongoing or the Leader of the Translation sees this, may i get a updated version of the ROM so i can h

Here is the latest patch, along with instructions and the xdelta tool to apply it. 

I'm confused. Exactly how do i turn my monsters into S ranks?

My Proto Mech became a S rank just by fusing him with another Proto Mech, but some of my other monsters don't seem to upgrade by that method. can anyone help?

I'm guessing drop list ='s item to steal as well because I was able to steal beef jerkys from Virgella,also C41 = item stolen,is there some where to view the item drop/steal list?

~Edit~

C42= money stolen

Edited by InuYasha

My Proto Mech became a S rank just by fusing him with another Proto Mech, but some of my other monsters don't seem to upgrade by that method. can anyone help?

to upgrade a monster to S rank, you have to fuse it with the same monster AND one of the monsters must be 50th or higher.

so, fuse a proto mech with a lvl 50 proto mech and it will work

If I recall that only works with weaker rank monsters such as F,E,D...

Hey guys,

Im back!!!!! XD

Sorry for the sudden disappearance, I know i've been quiet lately, around 2 weeks to be exact.

Life in army kinda sux actually, cant surf the web, bring in camera phone, no listening to music..imagine all those for 2 weeks, it feels like im living in North Korea...=x

But its wonderful that im allowed to book out on weekends, so apparently im free for 1+ .

Its great to see that the progress have been getting progressively better and the community is much more larger now.

OMG, and i missed a lot, seeing by the changes in the wiki and now is patch 1Q3..

I wish i could use the free time to play but i have to rest too...=(

@Everyone who contributing to the wiki

Sorry, but im not able to update the walkthrough anymore since i have no time to play the game. It would be fantastic if anyone can continue updating where I left off.

Ok guys, keep up the good work with the project, see u guys next weekend...=)

Wow had a few encounters with the liquid metal king slime last night,that bastard seems unscoutable even with all 3 of my monsters that have about 1000 attack and I got 0 scout chance doh not to mention it flees quite often...

Is there a way to get a gigantes in this game besides scouting it at the snowy region? I want to make a demon-at-arms, but can't without the gigantes according to the breeding list.

Just revisit the "Undeground Ruins Part 2" after defeating Leonyx, there is a Demon at arms where the time master used to be ;)

here: http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/w/images/dqmj2p/uploads/4/44/Uruins9.png =)

Wow had a few encounters with the liquid metal king slime last night,that bastard seems unscoutable even with all 3 of my monsters that have about 1000 attack and I got 0 scout chance doh not to mention it flees quite often...

I scouted two metal king slimes with 0,2 % (really often tried, in the land of light with an "Dragonlord II max. stats"),

so I guess the Liqiud Metal King slime is not scoutable because of his high defence. ;)

Edited by WaNNaPLaYiTLouD

@Everyone who contributing to the wiki

Sorry, but im not able to update the walkthrough anymore since i have no time to play the game. It would be fantastic if anyone can continue updating where I left off.

Ok guys, keep up the good work with the project, see u guys next weekend...=)

I made the "New World", but to be honest, I wasn't able to make it as good as you did. :(

We need you back !!! We want you to help continuing the walkthrough !!

Come back as fast as you can !! xDDDD

Level 20 Monster + Level 20 Monster = "Stronger" version of that monster, Rank C (not sure if the rank changes based on input monsters)

Level 50 Stronger Monster + Level 50 Stronger Monster = "Strongest" version of that monster, Rank S (ditto above)

Some monsters have similar combines but not really -- for example, (Sabercub x Sabercub) x (Sabercub x Sabercub) -- a child whose parents are all Sabercubs, is a Sabercat (rank C).

Well I'd figured beef jerky would work but I can never get it to stick around long enough to see...

Which monster does have that skill "steal" (where you can steal the beef jerky e.g.) ???

Because I need a monster with that skill and then I want to kill "Killing Machines" in the Underworld for more Parts --> Shop upgrades ;)

Is there a way to get a gigantes in this game besides scouting it at the snowy region? I want to make a demon-at-arms, but can't without the gigantes according to the breeding list.

Just revisit the "Undeground Ruins Part 2" after defeating Leonyx, there is a Demon at arms where the time master used to be ;)

here: http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/w/images/dqmj2p/uploads/4/44/Uruins9.png =)

That's kind of the problem. I'm stuck at the huge archer on the horse (sagittar, I think). He completely destroys my team of two protomechs and a king cureslime. I thought of getting rid of a protomech for a demon-at-arms, but I guess that won't happen...

Well I'd figured beef jerky would work but I can never get it to stick around long enough to see...

Which monster does have that skill "steal" (where you can steal the beef jerky e.g.) ???

Because I need a monster with that skill and then I want to kill "Killing Machines" in the Underworld for more Parts --> Shop upgrades ;)

Well the mighty captain crow has it,arg matey!...also you could always try the ruins rainy day trick for more parts :P

Level 20 Monster + Level 20 Monster = "Stronger" version of that monster, Rank C (not sure if the rank changes based on input monsters)

Level 50 Stronger Monster + Level 50 Stronger Monster = "Strongest" version of that monster, Rank S (ditto above)

Some monsters have similar combines but not really -- for example, (Sabercub x Sabercub) x (Sabercub x Sabercub) -- a child whose parents are all Sabercubs, is a Sabercat (rank C).

Cool. Thanks. i kinda figured it out last night, but thanks for confirming it.

Edited by Lightning Edge

Hmmm what monsters have klepto clobber(which I think is in the hunter skill set according to the monsters page on the wiki) because stealing with just one monster is a pain in the ass...

i dont think there is an easy way to find out what monsters have what traits yet. but the kletpo clobber skill is also in the captian crow skillset, and thief. and its the first skill in the bounty hunter one.. i think protomech learns that... either protomech or gigantes/atlas.

well guys, heres a tip for you for catching enemies and you dont want to use action replay and have save states. Just use a save state on something, like the liquid metal king slime. If it runs, reload and switch parties. The predetermined orders for the enemy will have changed and you can get better chances, if he still runs just switch the party again and again. It will work eventually. (switching all 3 monster slots at once works best, and save state after every party switch.)

Edited by Azurus

i dont think there is an easy way to find out what monsters have what traits yet. but the kletpo clobber skill is also in the captian crow skillset, and thief. and its the first skill in the bounty hunter one.. i think protomech learns that... either protomech or gigantes/atlas.

Check the Wiki's monster list. The cart has skillsets on it, so ctrl+f a skill and scan through it.

=)

On the topic of the wiki, please remove from the credits list; I never got around to testing.

I would however like to be added for my work on the bonus patch, and I'd also like the the few people who helped (and will help) me on it to be added as well.

I'd imagine you can just list the additional people on the bonus patch only, considering we didn't help out on the main translation (except for the people who did both).

and on the topic of the bonus patch-- sou, go to the other thread, i have some questions that you need to help me answer.

=)

thanks!

Well the mighty captain crow has it,arg matey!...also you could always try the ruins rainy day trick for more parts :P

What do you mean by "ruins rainy day trick" ?? The four blue chests or what??

Ahh, thx. =) Ok, I added a new content on "Tips and Hints" --> "Item drops"

If you know for sure, then tell me and I will remove the (not confirmed) in the wiki (Tips & Hints --> Item Drops) =)

well guys, heres a tip for you for catching enemies and you dont want to use action replay and have save states. Just use a save state on something, like the liquid metal king slime. If it runs, reload and switch parties. The predetermined orders for the enemy will have changed and you can get better chances, if he still runs just switch the party again and again. It will work eventually. (switching all 3 monster slots at once works best, and save state after every party switch.)

added to the wiki (Tips & Hints --> Scouting Monsters) =)

Ok, I added everything I extracted from your posts and from the page "Monsters data" on the wiki and added it here:

http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/wiki/Tips_%26_Hints#More_Item_drops

So especially InuYasha should take a look at it =)

Since many of you have problems and don't know which monsters need to be breeded for better Rank S or Rank SS monsters, I added an extra page on the wiki containing every single information for every single monster on how to breed.

So please help me adding all the information from various sides on how to get which monster. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link: http://dqmj2p.wikkii..._-_Combinations

EDIT: YAY !!! Entry number 600 =)