Sign in to follow this  
Terry's Apprentice

Wifi Battling With Dragon Warrior Monsters, and Cobi's Journey

It's not the latest, but it is the only version I know translated to English. I have it as well as the latest Japanese version which is more flexible on netplay, and looks like there's some more features to it, but I'd have to get the docs translated to see what's new. For now, I'd recommend the one you linked until someone gets around to modifying the latest one.

Are there still people who play DQM and DQM2 online?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCrcSnlMPs

It works =3 I found skill editor codes, for those of us that need to make save files and such to battle. ALSO when using the catching monsters codes, bare in mind you need to be able to beat the monsters you use the codes for as they are stronger than you think. Havent found a good way to ensure catching them =3

Edited by Terry's Apprentice

Great. My team was obtained legitimately, but I don't mind battling any team you compose. Should be interesting to see how they turn out. Anyone else want to get in on this action?

I agree we should do some of both, but also we should get a competitive outlook on it such like smogon does with thier tiers. It is interesting to note you can restrict families and all kinds of cool stuff, on these battles. We would need someone to do a good job on those tierlists considering, we want to hype up this game.

The offer to host a private network still stands, and, I've also been playing too. I have a good DQM2 save now, and started doing DQM but haven't gotten far in that yet since Joker 2 came out.

Just send me a PM. It works via openVPN; you download the client, I send you the certificate key files and a text file that launches the client and connects you to the network. I only open one port, which is the port that the English translated version of TGBDual uses. Then you just tell your buddy your IP (which will not change unless this thing grows), he does the same, and you're linked. It basically saves you from having to open ports on your own router and you don't have to share your public address with other people.

If something like this really gets going, other ports could be open, like ZSNES Netplay ports, etc. But for now, only TGBDual will work.

Started playing it again. If I could get my Lords over to a PC save that would be useful. Sadly they are all 999 in everything so it probably would be an easy victory.

Started playing it again. If I could get my Lords over to a PC save that would be useful. Sadly they are all 999 in everything so it probably would be an easy victory.

Just being lords and having maxed stats doesn't mean an easy victory... not at all. :-/

Just being lords and having maxed stats doesn't mean an easy victory... not at all. :-/

Well they also have the best resistances too. Not to mention I have some great abilities like quadhits and Healusall. Elemental attacks seem to get worse because people have resistances to them and same with status affecting things. Good luck resisting my 4 hits. I keep holding on to Twinhits, but am not sure if it caps at 999 attack or if that will help do more.

Well they also have the best resistances too. Not to mention I have some great abilities like quadhits and Healusall. Elemental attacks seem to get worse because people have resistances to them and same with status affecting things. Good luck resisting my 4 hits. I keep holding on to Twinhits, but am not sure if it caps at 999 attack or if that will help do more.

Here is my team:

Orgo.pngOrgoSkills.pngDeath.pngDeathSkills.pngDream.pngDreamSkills.png

Might make for an interesting match.

Revive and MegaMagic are the only 2 abilities I really would like that I don't have. I think one of my guys has LifeSong and I do not have any of those monsters so your resistances are better than mine. That's the only problem with the game - those are basically the 3 best monsters. If your Orgodemir had Revive, you would definitely be set.

Currently, I have a LordDraco with 999 in everything, Zoma same thing, and PsychoPiz approaching it. I will probably grind a little more since I would probably lose against you simply because you have Revive and I don't. I might use the last 2 to make AsuraZoma, but then I would have Hargon and he doesn't have 999 in everything.

I will attempt at some point soon to try to put it together on the PC to try it.

Two things about this, having discussed competitive DWM2 for years on GameFAQs:

Thickfog shuts down most teams, meaning you MUST play a Thickfog/Thickfog capable team. (DeMagic is the only way to drop Thickfog, and it's more costly. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, Thickfog is borderline broken as it dispells all effects as well, such as banishing a Bazoo.)

Given that resistances pass on, it doesn't really matter which monsters you run, as long as your monsters are resistance perfect. In general, it's better to run floating/flying monsters, because they have guaranteed immunity to Lose-a-turn moves like Leg sweep or BigTrip.

I had the opportunity to play against one of the longtimers on that board, (didn't take it) and realized that this really came down to speed rolling. If he went first, I would lose, and if I went first, he would lose, due to the fact that if all three of your monsters focus on one target, that target will in all likelihood drop. Only way around this is to spam Evilslash and hope you get lucky.

Also, max motivation, bravery, caring and prudence on all three monsters is the only way to go.

(And like GrandAlchemist, I've been using TGBDual for years and trading with myself.)

Edited by RPG Wizard

Good thing my Zoma has Demagic :overjoyed2:.

I would like to trade with myself to get Watabou or whoever requires trading. It would also help in getting those other worlds that Tara has (I only have the Cobi version).

As for trading, that would require both saves to be on the PC correct? I'm guessing then your uber save is on the PC and not the cart?

Edited by Destructor526

Yeah. My cart battery bit it, and that was the end of that.

And again, even with DeMagic, it's a speed roll that you get off the DeMagic immediately after the ThickFog goes up. Otherwise your monsters will just waste turns doing normal attacks, and as DeMagic is VERY MP expensive, you're going to have trouble throwing DeMagics for every ThickFog.

Even with 999 Str TwinHits still doubles your attack and using it with QuadHits is indeed very effective. As RPG Wizard has already pointed out ThickFog is pretty much the metagame-defining spell/ability. If you ever get bored you should go check out the GameFAQs discussions about this game... there's a ton of information there. One member even claims that you can breed resistance to physical attacks into your monsters... I never tried finding out for myself whether it was true or not, but I have no reason to doubt him.

I personally never agreed with him on that, but as I never had evidence either way... *shrugs*

Heh, you post there Grand Alchemist? Or you just a lurker?

I was looking for some information one day and I happened across the discussions there and did a lot of reading. That's pretty much it. (Was trying to find out what happened to the missing pages on Vash's site, never did find out though!)

I should probably gather my monster's info before the battery dies on it. As well as my keys or just make a better one :). I was getting so unlucky getting them in the arena (0 for 10 or so) but MistyLord has been so useful for me.

ThickFog is something I'm pretty sure I don't have. Seems a little cheap but whatever. Guess I'll have to breed the Lords again with someone who has ThickFog.

Edited by Destructor526

Ha ha. Thanks for sharing that video. My youtube channel is KingZenithDen.

In any case, I had a lot of fun battling your teams. Sorry about the strength of my team (and my backup team). I put 202 hours into the game, so even a lot of the stuff sitting on the farm can be a bit beastly.

I made an audio recording of our Skype conversation if you would like to have that.

Thanks again. We'll have to do it again some time.

Is there a link to a save editor? I really don't feel like doing all the leveling all over again but I can't find one. Of course, that doesn't stop me from getting cheaper monsters and skills, but I will leave them where they are even though I would like Revive.

Is there a link to a save editor? I really don't feel like doing all the leveling all over again but I can't find one. Of course, that doesn't stop me from getting cheaper monsters and skills, but I will leave them where they are even though I would like Revive.

I'm not aware of a save editor for DWM2. Perhaps Bynine knows of a good way to modify a team. I figure if anyone would know, it's him.