Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/loh/loh6.htm

Supposedly passed up by 6 other companies due to sheer size and word count, these games are finally being released here.

People who played them say they are among the best JRPGs ever. They do really look good.

First of the trilogy is out now. If it does well enough, they'll probably do the other two as well, even if the PSP starts fading off.

It looks incredible. I played Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion (or was it Tears of Vermillion... it was two years ago when I was in my PSP rush).

Great gameplay and the graphics are nice and nostalgic. Very anime-like with the head shots of the characters in cutscenes. Very, VERY long game though. Nice touch to the game was that it had a diary like feature that would remind you where to go next so on so forth (similar to most of the Tales of games).

There's Legend of Heroes with the Vermillion name, and the one with the Witch in the name, and then there's Song of the Ocean. And those were actually released in English and in America (you gotta look in the bargain bins). I've only tried Vermillion Tear and I give it a thumbs up.

Those games, while still playable, were a notorious wreck of localization.

Namco Bandai at work, I suppose.

These games are being done by XSEED now. XSEED, while small, does projects that are labors of love for them, so they turn out very well.

Edited by Fates

Yeah and these TitS are big. Prologue runs about 7-10 hours according to people playing it.

I got this one not too long ago. I own all the other Legend of Heroes games that were released in North America. They weren't too bad, but the translations were horrendous! I'm really looking forward to this game. I want to complete Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection before starting this beast. I've read other peoples forum posts saying it reminds them of "Suikoden" "Grandia" "Lunar" among other great games. I can't wait to play it!!! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've read on many other forums of this game, that the booklet that comes with the game is the exact size Sony of America allows for PSP game instruction booklets (any bigger and I guess the case doesn't close). A lot of people say the book reminds them of the books back on the PSone or earlier (SNES/NES) days, where the booklets were helpful and quite big in size, not like the junk we get today with most (not all!) RPGS, haha! The game, packaging, is suppose to be AAA! :wd_coolslime:

Edited by Neclord

XSEED is pretty rad. They're totally like Working Designs.

Except you know, without a certain someone...

Sorry, his fiasco of butthurt on NeoGAF during the Lunar PSP release was just silly.

I am a mad, bad, RPG-killer. I have been pushing these games around since 1990. When I say that LoH: Trails in the Sky is one of the best RPGs, I know what I am talking about.

Play this game or you are fired from the internet.

I am a mad, bad, RPG-killer. I have been pushing these games around since 1990. When I say that LoH: Trails in the Sky is one of the best RPGs, I know what I am talking about.

Play this game or you are fired from the internet.

I couldn't agree more. I was worried when it took me a few pages to find a thread (and a criminally small one at that) about Trails. LOVED the first one..many days of work on 2 hours of sleep due to me NOT being able to stop laying at night.

Edited by nectarsis