Sign in to follow this  
TRL

Dragon Quest monsters art

Hello there! I'm new here and I thought why not share some art as an introduction.

I've been playing DQM Joker for a while now. And these guys here where at one point part of my team.

I was so proud of myself that I was able to scout this dessert demon on the desert island and even more so when I fused my first monsters into Frou-fry, I thought I had created some kind of uber dragon.

I've come a long way since then. And maybe I'll draw you some of the other monster I've developed a liking to. Colors will come too!

wulfspade.jpg

desertdemon.jpg

froufry.jpg

There you go! I hope you enjoy these. I've tried coming up with some unique poses.

Oh and if you would have any requests for a monster I could draw, especially some lesser known ones, don't hesitate! I wanna draw 'em all!

These are really nice, MTV call in show that only played 3 seconds of the video. Always nice to see pics where they keep the motif, but still do their own thang.

Hello and welcome to the Den. Love those drawings, they're really fantastic!

Now that´s some nice pictures! :)

Seems this forum draws a lot of good painters.

Thanks guys! As an artist, I'm really a fan of the DQ series from a design standpoint. All these games are pretty simple at heart, but it's the execution that makes them damn brilliant.

Hey if you know a good monster to draw, let me know!

Thanks guys! As an artist, I'm really a fan of the DQ series from a design standpoint. All these games are pretty simple at heart, but it's the execution that makes them damn brilliant.

Hey if you know a good monster to draw, let me know!

Welcome to the Den! Love that art, especially the Dessert Demon. Your avatar is also awesome.

If you are looking for some rarer monsters to do, I don't think I have seen much if any art of these guys:

133Behomoth.png082Tongueling.png

I would be interested to see what you could do with the Hippoblockamus.

Alternatively, these might be fun to try:

097MadDragon.pngBoss-Lv20Orc.png

From what I have seen though, you could draw just about anything and it would be great. Looking forward to your next great work.

Thanks Zenith, I'll certainly try a few of those.

Here's the first, Wulfspade, in color.

I spent a lot more time on it than I had imagined.

Then again I did try to copy the style of shading from the official art which was a first for me.

Hope you like it.

wulfspade_by_t_r_l-d3cgwby.jpg

I'd say that's about perfect.

very awesome indeed

Here's a tip. If you haven't already noticed, Toriyama/Bird Stuido usese Photoshop's grain and noise filters for any and all clothing. It's been dialed down, but was super obvious when he first started producing in Photoshop.

These are incredible, frankly. I really love how you subtly made these creatures even more scary (or in the first one's case, cute. Aww.)

Here's a tip. If you haven't already noticed, Toriyama/Bird Stuido usese Photoshop's grain and noise filters for any and all clothing. It's been dialed down, but was super obvious when he first started producing in Photoshop.

Yeah, it's especially noticeable on your homepage ;) (DQ IV character art).

I don't really intend to go the same way though, because I think it kinda lowers the quality needlessly.

Dessert demon is almost finished, you can expect it soon.

I give you... Dessert demon, fear the spoon!

dessert_demon_by_t_r_l-d3cqeey.jpg

That is totally awesome. Nice work!

Really nice indeed, fellow deviantArtist, heheheheh.

They are very expressive and look full of power. Gotta love them.

Can't see them when I'm at work, though, so I had to wait until I saw them at home.

It looks almost like Toriyama himself drew it!

Hello there Cesar! You could go ahead and add these to your Dragon Quest deviantart group if you want. I see you are a regular here already. I should have joined much sooner. :D

@eal: Thanks man! That's about the highest compliment you could give me, but I'm sure if the master himself could get a look at these, he would find a ton of things still wrong with it. In fact I would like that, anybody got his number? :laugh:

It looks almost like Toriyama himself drew it!

I think this actually looks better than Toriyama's drawing!

You guys are too kind!

This is the last colored one for now. It's frou-fry, Argon lizard's long lost cousin. I think he's also unique to Dragon Quest Monsters Joker. Now that I think about it, all 3 have been.

I'll try to draw this hippoblockamus next and I'm also taking other requests. So if you now any other interesting monsters, go for it!

frou_fry_by_t_r_l-d3csvog.jpg

Try drawing a super tentsuku!

sluggernaut.png

By the way, I lost the password for the old Dragon Quest group (d'oh), but there is a DQ group that actually works with the new group functionality and members can submit artwork. It's great, and there are contests and all. It's "Dragon Quest Fans", look for the logo in some of my DQ pics.

I'd give you the link, but I can't access dA here...

Here's a better reference. Save now before I bust up remote linking!

supertensk.jpg

Try drawing a super tentsuku!

sluggernaut.png

By the way, I lost the password for the old Dragon Quest group (d'oh), but there is a DQ group that actually works with the new group functionality and members can submit artwork. It's great, and there are contests and all. It's "Dragon Quest Fans", look for the logo in some of my DQ pics.

I'd give you the link, but I can't access dA here...

Ah yeah I found that group already, I'm now awaiting approval of my submissions.

Thanks for the ref Dwaine. You really need to hurry up and get your new site open to the public!

Been waiting to see the Frou-Fry colored the most and you nailed it. Too pro.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

Ah yeah I found that group already, I'm now awaiting approval of my submissions.

Winning contests will be way harder with both you and BOA there!

:overjoyed2:

Thanks for the ref Dwaine. You really need to hurry up and get your new site open to the public!

Yeah! I shall blog about it when you do!