Sign in to follow this  
Fates

DQ artwork thread

Note: The picture of the genderbent ver. of Psaro is unofficial

Sorry, she is official. Read the Wikipedia article on Victory. You might also want to see the pictures from a game event.

PS. As I said above, her name is Queen Pisaro.

Edited by Mimas

Note: The picture of the genderbent ver. of Psaro is unofficial

Sorry, she is official. Read the Wikipedia article on Victory. You might also want to see the pictures from a game event.

PS. As I said above, her name is Queen Pisaro.

I meant, the ARTWORK is unofficial

+ I didn't really bother to mention her name.

And the proof how this picture is fake is that she NEVER came out in the MOnster Battle Road II victory. THat screen is something from the MOnster Battle Road II tournament and someone edited it.

+ Usually all the special attack screens are always in 3D.

I KNOW she is official.

ANd also, I don't want ANYONE of you to highlight that I said that excuse for not saying her name means that I don't know her. CuZ I know that $#!&@.

Edited by BoA.execute

I KNOW she is official.

Wasn't that a screen capture from the game? Or is this a combination of fan-art inserted on top of a screenshot? Or can in-game artwork be considered unofficial?

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

Sorry, I am not following here. Just trying to get back in the loop.

I KNOW she is official.

Wasn't that a screen capture from the game? Or is this a combination of fan-art inserted on top of a screenshot? Or can in-game artwork be considered unofficial?

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

Sorry, I am not following here. Just trying to get back in the loop.

ANswer: The backstory of Queen Psaro is that she was a manga only character created by Kaneko (I forgot his full name, but he uses Toriyama's style to do his manga works it seems like.)

And that is Kaneko's artwork being used there on a screenshot.

+ ALl the special attack parts are 3D.

Anyone happen to know who did this wonderful boss art?

a558f8cc-s.jpg

I do believe The Dwaine himself created it.

No, I was never that good. Had a similar idea for a 20th anniversary pic. The name is lying around somewhere.

Oh, I thought it was yours.

Good thing my phrasing left some room for being wrong.

I want to know who made it so I can commission them to do something for me :(

It's a Japanese artist, that's for sure. Will ponder some more on this subject.

ETA: Come to think of it, ask Kenshin. Think he was the one who originally found it.

Edited by Dwaine

DeviantArt is packed with art theft drama.

You can say that again. Expecially with Sonic-like drawings. I mean, seriously now. Who would bother "steal" something that's already "stolen" in a way (Sega copyright *ahem!*). It's like drawing fake Pokemon and notify that it's your own creations without mentioning that it's originally copyrighted by Nintendo just like any other serious artist would do. And in the first place, if their drawings were so amazing they would be more famous. And so, if, for example, I would stole a Pokemon fanart from a famous deviant/pixiv/whatever artist everyone else would notice that and start b*tching at me. And that's why the most drama queens are attention whores artists with no imagination and/or talent.

Edited by Vetus

Oh, Sonic... The series really pulls in the

. Law enforcement needs to dredge that fanbase and heave the net off the steepest cliff.

An artist I know made a DeviantArt Front Page Bingo and Sonic was the free space. That site is just trash. I give it credit for it not touting itself as anything else more than a virtual refrigerator. There are some good accounts there, but it's few and far between. Not many people would dig through a tunnel of turds to find a tiny gold nugget.

Oh, Sonic... The series really pulls in the

. Law enforcement needs to dredge that fanbase and heave the net off the steepest cliff.

An artist I know made a DeviantArt Front Page Bingo and Sonic was the free space. That site is just trash. I give it credit for it not touting itself as anything else more than a virtual refrigerator. There are some good accounts there, but it's few and far between. Not many people would dig through a tunnel of turds to find a tiny gold nugget.

I'm part of a brazilian Sonic forum... I swear we're normal. >.>

Though, I do admit Sonic's fanbase sucks... they whine, whine and whine. Always complaining, never satisfied. Sega is to blame, for making horrible games, but the fans are worse, they asked for them. Sega should just stop listening to them.

Things nowadays aren't so bad, I hear Sonic Colors is really good, now if only I had a Wii, I would know by myself XP

Edited by Billy MK

Though, I do admit Sonic's fanbase sucks... they whine, whine and whine. Always complaining, never satisfied. Sega is to blame, for making horrible games, but the fans are worse, they asked for them. Sega should just stop listening to them.

Yeah, I read a story about a feedback session and one site owner apparently freaked out on everyone and dominated the whole session. Yeesh! But

? Sorry, he's gotta be stopped.

Anyway, has anyone ever seen this? It's a phone card that came out the same time as DQ IV. Looking for a bigger 'n better version.

Dq1art13.jpg

ETA: Oops, gotta crop that bottom! Also, this features Trollface Dragonlord!

Edited by Dwaine

This was always my favorite Dragonlord picture (not to mention Gwaelin, though Dragonlord is far more prominent):

dq1e_nes_nintendo-power-strategy-guide.gif

Ah, yes. Katsuya Terada, who apparently spends his time these days drawing a multitude of mammaries.

I believe these are also Terada. Quite a reimagining of DQ's most iconic creatures:

alefgardmonsters.JPG

Anyone happen to know who did this wonderful boss art?

a558f8cc-s.jpg

Any word on who did that wallpaper?

359433732_o.jpg

Is that Ella I see?

Surely right.

Cool stuff you guys are showing others, including me. I would like to see the japanese Dragon Quest VI guide scans of monster art you find, please.

Posting some findings  :D

img_1035175_40360738_7_zpszfwh7b1p.jpeg

img_1035175_40360738_3_zpsm0nwovwi.jpeg

m558_zpsnicocyvt.jpg

127269458_1.jpg

Females_towel.jpg

And here's a towel!

dq4artworks_zpscqb9fw1i.jpg

Found this on Niconico

Arise!

5RZo8bV.jpg

F2ChBfG.jpg