Sign in to follow this  
Fates

DQ artwork thread

I mean, taking down fanarts.

Remember, Japanese artists ARE sensitive. Exceptions of official art.

Fanart from the non members here, probably better to just link it to where it originall was.

Ok, many years ago I went through Japanese google searching for Dragon Quest, draque, DQ, and the like images. These are fan pics I saved from various places long ago.

Given that he searched for these so long ago it's unlikely that he has any clue where he got them from so it would be quite difficult to link to them. However, if the owner finds them posted here, joins, and can prove that it's theirs, I'm sure he wouldn't mind linking to them.

EDIT: And if the artist is going to be that sensitive about it, they don't have to put them on the internet or make it so only their friends can see the pictures - it's that easy.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

278026216_o.jpg

359433732_o.jpg

Clipboard03-1.jpg

Edited by Fates

This is an awesome thread keep 'em coming! I'm saving these all on my hd.

i need to save all of these and put em on my hard drive :D

P1310447.jpg

P1310444.jpg

;)

i need to save all of these and put em on my hard drive :D

High quality versions will be up on the Shrine in the future. The current pics being posted are from the DQ VI V-Jump guide.

I mean, taking down fanarts.

Remember, Japanese artists ARE sensitive. Exceptions of official art.

Fanart from the non members here, probably better to just link it to where it originall was.

Links don't last forever and archive.org is not reliable for old images. If the Japanese are so sensitive about their fanart, they should watermark it with their names/websites or not post it online. It would be a different story if people were claiming the fanart as their own or altering it without the artist's permission but in most cases they just want to share the art.

img47b4844fzik1zj.jpg

img9c7ec0dfzik1zj.jpg

img0ab2d46azikfzj.jpg

and finally (yes it's real)...

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

Gender swap? Oh goddammit, NO!

Look at what you've done, Japan. Look at what you've done to the internet!

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

That's horrible. What have they done to him? No wonder he wants to destroy mankind.

And I would support his decision.

thought this would be funny to compare these four's artwork

oops, sorry! here's the image

akirachars.jpg

Heh you could easily add bulma from dragonball in there too.

I wonder why the regular DQ I hero got shafted in the battle road victory game. Instead they seem to have that blond dude from the first sword game. Anyone have a guess?

Only two of those are actually Toriyama.

Only two of those are actually Toriyama.

How do you figure?

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

Did they do this because the you can select the gender of the MC and they thought it was would be interesting if you could select the gender of the final boss?

img450ec30fzikczj.jpg

Gender swap? Oh goddammit, NO!

Look at what you've done, Japan. Look at what you've done to the internet!

Might not be Psaro but his hot sister... Ok ok... in any case it is good to see that not only male characters are into evil.

How do you figure?

Pretty easy, actually. The Blue Dragon pic is a still from the anime. The Marle pic is an "anime" style copied from the original image. The proportions are also off.

By the way, the blonde guy is the DQ I hero only retconned. He got a new design for Kenshin Dragon Quest, but there's a downloadable special move which has him donning Roto's armor, giving him his familiar look.

Female Psaro I believe is based off that one girl who always is at DQ events in Japan cosplaying as him. Decided to toss her into the card game, I guess. Pretty sure her photo's been posted on the board before... if not I'll post that too D:

Yeah, Queen Pisaro is from the DQM Battle Road events. She was the enemy of the hero Kaito. Maybe I will post something about it this weekend.

Hmmmmm, no disrepect to any fan artists from Japan, but as an artist who puts things on the internet I have to say this. Unless someone is making money off my art or claiming they did it then I don't care. Even if they're saying they did it I don't care, I doubt it would happen to me. Also I try to put my name on everything as well which none of them seem to do which is frustrating.

As pointed out this was many years ago and links don't last forever. Had I not saved these creme de la creme of the pics (lots were crappy) I'd have never seen any again and not been able to share them with others on occaision. Now they were originally put on the web I would guess to be shared and I am not claiming to have created them and am not profiting so .... if any artist is offended, I am sorry and confused by it.

Lessons to learn. Put your name on things. If you don't want it seen don't put it in a public place. If you want something then save it and make backup copies and hard copies and put them in fireproof safes encased in carbonite. Fanny Goldberg did not originally release Friday in 1932. :( Was sadder learning that than learning Santa was imaginary.

Even though artists put their name on things, people will still find away to edit the name out. DeviantArt is packed with art theft drama. Heck, take a look at me. Been putting more visible watermarks on my pics so major gaming news sites and publications won't just yank.

Anyone happen to know who did this wonderful boss art?

a558f8cc-s.jpg

Note: The picture of the genderbent ver. of Psaro is unofficial