Sign in to follow this  
eal

Dragon Quest VI Manga

Does anyone have the raws? Or somewhere I can get the raws? 
I will translate anything you guys can get me! I'll take anything you can grab. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2011 at 8:39 PM, eal said:

Does anyone know where you can read the Dragon Quest VI manga online? I'm asking for an actual website not something I have to download.

Ey, I am currently dumping the scans from Dahl into a Google Drive, no download needed you can just flip through it.
And when I can finish repairing some of these files or replacing them myself, I will make ebooks for them to easy download. 

I am also working on the translation, but considering its just me, it might take a little while, it takes me about 30 minutes - 2 hours to translate and edit one page by myself. 

So, if you know anyone willing to help, I would love some help! I'm currently working on the VI manga because it's my favorite but let me know what one you want me to rip and through into google doc and I'll get you it! 

Here is what I currently have for google docs 

Dragon Quest VI

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wvkv-hWS_suGntVddxSypfYT5U1vD9GC

There is a a ton of missing pages and corrupted files, I am literally working on it right now, and will try and get them all together 

On 10/13/2018 at 4:22 AM, Ellois said:

but let me know what one you want me to rip and through into google doc and I'll get you it! 

You wouldn' happn to have the Seirei Rubiss Densetsu manga would you? I've been looking everywhere on the web, on both English and Japanese websites, with no results. :c 

Just now, Xiggy said:

You wouldn' happn to have the Seirei Rubiss Densetsu manga would you? I've been looking everywhere on the web, on both English and Japanese websites, with no results. :c 

Let me go through what I have! 

• Like 1

I think I might have those. It looks like three volumes with covers like these:

_DQ0_1_000.png

_DQ0_2_000.png

Is that right?

_DQ0_3_000.png

• Upvote 1

Update: 

i don’t have the Seirei Rubiss but I did just purchase the DQ VI manga full set and will do my own scans! 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:08 AM, Xiggy said:

I found it! I found the manga in whole but it is in RAW. 
I can translate it will just take a G O O D amount of time to do so.

When I have free time to sit and edit/translate, it takes me about 30 minutes per one page. 

It can go on my list of things to translate though! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ellois said:

I found it! I found the manga in whole but it is in RAW. 
I can translate it will just take a G O O D amount of time to do so.

When I have free time to sit and edit/translate, it takes me about 30 minutes per one page. 

It can go on my list of things to translate though! 

OH MY GIDDY AUNT! How did you..? That's crazy awesome haha! Merci ! 

If you were to translate it, that would be trully amazing, like, beyond my wildest dreams 🤩

Do you think you could send the raw in the meantime? Sure I may not understand the whole story (since I don't know jack about Kanji, hiragana and the rest), but the pictures may give me some hints about what's happening. 

I've been trying to find them for months. Like, literally months. To see you find them in a couple of days... That's something to be reckoned! 😁

3 hours ago, Xiggy said:

OH MY GIDDY AUNT! How did you..? That's crazy awesome haha! Merci ! 

If you were to translate it, that would be trully amazing, like, beyond my wildest dreams 🤩

Do you think you could send the raw in the meantime? Sure I may not understand the whole story (since I don't know jack about Kanji, hiragana and the rest), but the pictures may give me some hints about what's happening. 

I've been trying to find them for months. Like, literally months. To see you find them in a couple of days... That's something to be reckoned! 😁

I plan on translating everything I can put my hands on eventually, but right now it will go to the bottom of the roster. 

I think doing it one game at a time is gonna keep me organized, even if it is out of order lol 

Give me a sec to upload these to the Google Drive and what not~ 
I have actually not checked if these are all good or not so I don't know what the files look likes! Sorry in advanced if anything is broken. Give me a bit and I will see if I can buy them physically.

EDIT: AM uploading these files, are you sure this came out as a manga? It has a manga cover and some pictures but this is a novel hun

Edited by Ellois
  • Like 1

Done and Done

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QLU5Gl4O9HVA6KfxcCBA8wRcByIIsSpX?usp=sharing

One of the main characters looks like Ranma, but yeah hun, sorry. I don't know if there is another manga out there or what not, but this is a novel with some cute pictures in it. It's a bit heavy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ellois said:

EDIT: AM uploading these files, are you sure this came out as a manga? It has a manga cover and some pictures but this is a novel hun

The novel came first, and a couple of years after it was adapted in a 7 volumes manga. It's the latest that's hard to find sadly. X)

The first 70 pages of the first manga are available in most Japanese online shops, but to find the rest... Well, that's something else. x)

00 (cover).png

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Xiggy

2 minutes ago, Xiggy said:

The novel came first, and a couple of years after it was adapted in a 7 volumes manga. It's the latest that's hard to find sadly. X)

The first 70 pages of the first manga are available in most Japanese online shops, but to find the rest... Well, that's something else. x)

I did some looking around, if you can find me the first couple of pages, I will try and dig from there. 

The wiki on this series has the novels and that's it. The other user, King Zenith, posted some covers here for you. Is that what it looks like? 

15 minutes ago, Xiggy said:

EY YO MY DUDE LOOK WHAT IT IS THAT I HAVE FOUND YOU!!! 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ドラゴンクエスト-精霊ルビス伝説-コミック-1-7巻セット-ガンガンファンタジーコミックス/dp/B00M6OO1SA
It's like 8 - 10$ in USD 

So, I just went to japanese google and type in the title in japanese, you find a LOT more stuff for Dragon Quest in Japanese than you do in English.

If you want to own them, there you go! If you do buy them, I will translate them, but out of my personal funding this is not something I would like to put my money into. 
I do have a Patreon specifically meant for this sort of thing though, for collecting games and manga and translating them! 

https://www.patreon.com/home

Also found this site too, in case the Amazon does not work
https://www.ebookjapan.jp/ebj/276454/

But you have to buy the books individually

Edited by Ellois
  • Like 1

OK ALSO 

Here is a blessed website where you can buy manga and share it to your device, or read it off your computer. 
Blessed site with literally as much Dragon Quest as you could possibly imagine! 

There's everything from Manga and novels to game manuals

Enjoy this blessed site in all its glory
https://booklive.jp/search/keyword?keyword=ドラゴンクエスト&use_search_box=1

• Like 1

I'll try buying them with euros and see what happens if I can't find any scans😁