A haul fit for a king

Dunamis

So it was another day of me and my two brother's favorite past time on DQ9 today...Legacy Boss hunting.

At first we weren't doing so well. Every Legacy Boss was just giving us a mini medal as the prize. Then we got to Mortamoor. Seeing as how we were doing so well, Mortamoor wasn't giving us much trouble either. Then...when he was beaten, our little "no-prize" streak came to an end with the following.

"Mortamoor dropped a treasure chest! It contained a yellow orb!"

"Mortamoor dropped a treasure chest! It contained a pair of Somnia Gloves!"

"Mortamoor dropped a treasure chest! It contained a mini medal!"

"The right hand dropped a treasure chest! It contained a mini medal!" <---- (Seriously, I kid you not.)

"Dunamis (myself) managed to steal a yellow orb!"

...That...has gotta be the biggest treasure haul from one battle me and my siblings have ever had. Period. I only wonder what the Hoimi table would've looked like at that point. XD

How do you find said "Mortamoor?" I have yet to find any legacy bosses.

Mortamor is a reward for finishing a DLC quest. This also applies to every other Legacy Boss save Baramos, Murdaw, Dhoulmagus, Dragonlord, Psaro, and Nimzo. However, the quests for Zoma, Orgodemir, Rhapthorne, and Nokturnus are not yet available.

Do you know which DLC quest it is?

GameFAQs Quest FAQ by Zaraf says:

Quest #158 - Battle Buff

Location: Heights of Lonlieness Entrance; Talk to the man on the left

Request: Defeat Trauminator (#286) without anything equipped.

Solution: He is a grotto boss that can be found in mid level grottos.

Reward: Mortamor Map; Raging Ruby for repeat

Pre-req: DLC, Access to mid level grottos

Repeat: Yes

Notes: Available for download on Jan 7, 2011.

Nice! Best I ever got was stealing a mini medal from a trap treasure box, having him drop one, then post-stealing with Thief's Theory.

I actually ended up with THREE Magic Beast Horns from ONE Swinoceros! I stole one from it, then it dropped one, and my Thief Red stole one! And a few times, I actually got TWO Mini Medals from a single Mimic.

Man, I'm just not that lucky... Only thing I've ever gotten was a dropped dragontail whip & stolen dragontail whip from equinox :ws-slimedead:

All my really good gear has come from the DQVC shop since the RNG (and god in general) hates me!

Cheers!

I'm not very lucky either. The most I've ever gotten was a pair of Aliahan Boots by accident (meaning I wasn't trying to get it).

• 2 weeks later...

thats quite the haul man, good job. guess it was ur lucky day

or u managed to manipulate the hoimi table :D

nope i just musta been lucky

i envy you, my good friend. keep us updated on any more big hauls :D

kinda makes me want to pick up DQIX again just to see if i get that lucky while fighting Zoma or Orgodemir

Nice! Best I ever got was stealing a mini medal from a trap treasure box, having him drop one, then post-stealing with Thief's Theory.

I actually ended up with THREE Magic Beast Horns from ONE Swinoceros! I stole one from it, then it dropped one, and my Thief Red stole one! And a few times, I actually got TWO Mini Medals from a single Mimic.

That was one horny swine.

That was one horny swine.

Archived