Sign in to follow this  
Dunsparce

Post Your Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest Collection

Oh man, Iloveslimes, I remember seeing photos of your collection before. I love it. Even when I was studying in Japan in 2007, it was tough to find the older slime plushies from just 5 years prior when you were there. I have managed to get a fair amount of them, though! Just last year I finally found the slime pyramid plush at a used shop in Nakano. :)

I post my plushies all the time but I've got a lot of the other random stuff you posted, like the slime backpack and one of those slime picture frames. Hehe.

Here is the most recent shot of my slime plushies, not including some of the much larger ones that just can't fit in the hammocks and a couple of my favorites that live elsewhere in our apartment:

tumblr_mwy6rqGogB1qblt0wo1_1280.jpg

For example, this dude cannot fit in the hammocks:

600993_10151615787269674_216640945_n.jpg

Also recently I took a nice photo of my Dragon Quest IV figurine collection:

dragonquest4group.jpg

I'll post more later, haha.

Nakano Broadway is one of the best places to find older toys in Japan. Or Denden town in Osaka. I used to spend most of a day in both places powershopping. For everyone else, both places have a ton of used toy stores all in a small-ish area.  

Oh believe me, when I was studying there I went to Nakano almost every time I was in Tokyo. I always make sure to go at least once on recent Japan trips. I've also had good luck at the Akihabara second hand shops, but these days those seem to be harder to find.

I've been mulling over selling my DQ collection, but I'd really just like to do it like a bandaid and get rid of it all at once (if anyone is interested, most of it is shown on pages 1 & 3 of this thread) :P

Edited by ENIX

I've been mulling over selling my DQ collection, but I'd really just like to do it like a bandaid and get rid of it all at once (if anyone is interested, most of it is shown on pages 1 & 3 of this thread) :P

homina homina homina

Not that I would be able to afford it AT ALL but what would your ballpark estimate be for the value of all that?

Also, if you could part with just the Battle Fantasia laserdisc, send me a PM :)

Edited by Excitemike

I don't even know off the top of my head.  I know that many of those things are super rare even in Japan, but I wouldn't know where to begin pricing it all. I'm not a fan of parting collections out; it's such a hassle.  I figure if some DW lunatic like me threw the right number out there, I might take it. :P

Edited by ENIX

I don't even know off the top of my head.  I know that many of those things are super rare even in Japan, but I wouldn't know where to begin pricing it all. I'm not a fan of parting collections out; it's such a hassle.  I figure if some DW lunatic like me threw the right number out there, I might take it. :P

There might not be any other lunatics just like you :P

I'd love to buy your collection but I don't have money D:

I know we have talked about your collection before. If you tossed me an interesting number for it, I may take it. :)

Very humbled and amazed at the fantastic collections posted here. I hope to amass my own collection like that over the years. Right now I have a few figures and plushes, but nothing too remarkable. Here's my game collection, which isn't too bad, I would say. However, anything pre-sixth gen is loose, except for Torneko no Daibouken, Dragon Quest VI SFC, Torneko: The Last Hope, and Dragon Warrior VII, which are all CIB. Every game since then, gen six inclusive, is CIB:

Dragon Warrior NES
Dragon Warrior I+II GB/C
Dragon Warrior III GBC
Dragon Quest IV DS
Dragon Quest V DS
Dragon Quest VI SFC
Dragon Quest VI DS
Dragon Warrior VII PSX
Dragon Quest VII 3DS
Dragon Quest VIII PS2
Dragon Quest IX DS
Dragon Warrior Monsters GB/C
Dragon Quest Monsters GB/C (JPN)
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey GB/C
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure GB/C
Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart GBA
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker DS
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 DS
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D 3DS
Dragon Quest Monsters: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi 3DS
Slime Morimori Dragon Quest GBA
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime DS
Slime Morimori Dragon Quest 3 3DS
Torneko no Daibouken SFC
Torneko: The Last Hope PSX
Torneko 3: Fushigi no Dungeon GBA
Itadaki Street DS
Fortune Street Wii
Dragon Quest Swords Wii
Dragon Quest Wars DSiWare

In terms of non-remake/port/alternate platform physical releases, I still need Kenshin Dragon Quest, several Itadaki Street games, Young Yangus, Battle Road Victory, and Joker 2 Professional, which I hope to all pick up soon. Barring those, it should just be various ports and remakes, like DQ 25th Anniversary, the PSX version of DQM1+2, Torneko 2 GBA, and Torneko 3 PS2.

I know we have talked about your collection before. If you tossed me an interesting number for it, I may take it. :)

I wouldn't even know where to start.

Edited by ENIX

;) eBay usually is the best place to look for Dragon Quest related merchandise.

I consider my collection to be small, but functional because every Dragon Quest game and piece of merchandise I own, I play to death and just really enjoy~ Nothing I have is really too rare but I have some iuncommon items, so let me know if you guys wanted to see a picture of anything.

Figures/collectables:

Zoma Sofubi

DQ VI trading figure Hero

DQ VI trading figure Barbara/Ashlynn

DQ VI trading figure Hassan/Carver

DQ V trading figure Nera

DQ IV trading figure Alena

DQ VI small slime pre order bonus

The recent DQ slime drinks that came with the wii Battle Road victory codes (Mine still have the codes but I purposely drank both, and they were pretty good)

Promo:

DQ VI small promotional sign that reads "Happy Valenslimes day" with release date (even though most stores broke that North American street date)

DQ IX promotional poster (love this thing! even though mine is unfortunately in bad shape)

DQ IX "Starting your own adventure" North American promotional booklet x 10+? as well as the little box stand thingy that you place them inside

DQ IX North American blue slime shirt "Comic con" edition (same as all the other blue slime shirts except it says comic con on one of the sleeves"

Games:

Dragon Warrior I - NES

Dragon Warrior I/II - GBC

Dragon Quest VIII - PS2

Dragon Quest V - DS

Dragon Quest VI - DS

Dragon Quest IX (3 copies) - DS

DQJM 1 - DS

DQJM 2 (non professional) - DS

Rocket slime (The one that came out in NA) - DS

Dragon Quest Swords (Wii)

Guides:

Dragon Quest VI - DS Prima games guide

Dragon Quest IX - DS Prima games guide

Edited by Neko

Me either. :\

I have for the GBC:

DW I+II

DW III

DWM I

DWM II: Tara's Journey

For the DS:

DQ IV

DQ V

DQ VI

DQ IX (I own two copies)

DQM Joker 1 (I own two copies)

DQM Joker 2 (I own two copies)

Me either. :\

If you want me to throw out a number... I can make something ridiculous up.

Edited by ENIX

Ok, so I'm now actually seriously considering selling my collection if anyone wants to make an offer via PM.

I'll likely sell everything but the games.

You could likely sell a large chunk of it individually but there's so much I don't think anyone here has the kind of money or space to blow on the entire collection like you previously stated you wanted to do, at least not on the Den. eBay is your best friend in this situation.

Work was getting rid of these treasure chest things, so I brought one home and put it on my desk with some of my Dragon Quest items :)

treasure2.jpg

treasure1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can practically hear the tune when you open a chest in LoZ

DQ IX promotional poster (love this thing! even though mine is unfortunately in bad shape)

DQ IX "Starting your own adventure" North American promotional booklet x 10+? as well as the little box stand thingy that you place them inside

Wow, I have those too! I thought I'd be the only one. (My poster is in great conditon, only a crease down the middle where the GameStop employees folded it, but my stand is starting to fall apart. It's fixable with a little tape or glue, though, as the only thing wrong with it is that the sticky pads that hold it together have stopped sticking. None of it is actually damaged.)

Speaking of which, I was wondering if people would be interested in having them as a contest prize. I just moved and don't have a place for them unfortunately.

I'm sure people would love that (I know I would).  How easy is it to fold that thing down and ship it?

I'm... Not sure. Currently it's in a storage unit and I can't get to it.

I also don't know how much it would cost to ship.

I would be into that. I'm always looking for DQ stuff to add to me collection that isn't just another game.

I'll probably start parting out my toy/plush collection this month.

Is there a marketplace or buy/sell forum I'm not seeing on the Den?  ...or can I just sell in General?

Edited by ENIX