Sign in to follow this  
Dunsparce

Post Your Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest Collection

I'm totally jealous of that DQ9 standee. >.<

Me too. The Gamestop guys promised me the giant poster, but they ended up cutting the bottom off of it(and I didn't get it).

I actually went to both GameStop and Fred Meyer (store up in the Northwest) and asked them both if I could have the DQIX Advertisement Board when they were done. They both took down my name, but never called me to come pick it up. This after admitting they would just throw it away after a month.

There's STILL a stand over at one Fred Meyer, but I didn't bother asking them.

The thing is, they did write down my name too. But apparently they don't comunicate that between other employees.

Sigh I just started collecting sofubi's like two weeks ago... I was going to buy like 3 years ago but my friends told me its not worth buying lol to this day I regret listening to them! Now I can't get my favorite monster Orgodemir anymore and Rhapthorne... I've been trying to look for them for days now and It's getting really stressfull.

I'm missing some items, but I thought I would take some pictures of the majority of my mom's and my collection. :) Not pictured are actually several of my largest items, as well as some small items such as some of my Crystal Monsters and DQ clear files. I've still got stuff in boxes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7921378@N07/sets/72157626981241194/

Go to the Flickr proper to see bigger versions of all these. :)

Edited by Anrui Ukimi

Hey just out of curiosity, where would be the best place to be able to obtain the Dragon Quest Collection on the Wii? I tried out play-asia but they are all booked, anywhere else?

Hey just out of curiosity, where would be the best place to be able to obtain the Dragon Quest Collection on the Wii? I tried out play-asia but they are all booked, anywhere else?

Well, if you can get someone to ship it to you from Japan, Amazon.co.jp. Otherwise...keep an eye on Yesasia?

Huge...and in Japan.

They just came out in Japan not too long ago, so I doubt any importers carry them yet. I saw a 'heavily' used pair on Ebay but the guy is in Hong Kong and he wanted way too much for the pair. (Pair meaning there's a silver variant for Metal Hunter).

ENIX,

Were those killing machines the same one as this? I can't find them anywhere online, so I'm kinda sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...T#ht_2793wt_786

Also, I just got my latest haul in the mail today:

6048901975_6b6b653955_b.jpg

6048901759_3261cd55e5_b.jpg

6048901377_3df6bf7bc9_b.jpg

6048901179_569ce95879_b.jpg

Hey where did you buy your dragon quest vinyls?

I love Dragon Quest but I love Super Mario equally. All these are from Japan with exception to the 3 DS games. I was so addicted to Furuta Choco Eggs...

303950_10150352816750256_512145255_7997756_1012032334_n.jpg

That's amassed over 18 years...I started with the free NP copy of Dragon Warrior and got hooked. I only know of about 4 plushies I'm missing.

Imagine my sadness when I found out there was a DQ9 contest that I missed out on and I didn't get the "It's party slime!" shirt among other DQ trinkets :(

I also missed out on the GameStop and Best Buy events due to work...and I don't live in NY so I missed the DQ6 launch. So much sadness. My collection just feels incomplete without that stuff.

If you guys are interested, I can take pics of some of the newest stuff...I'm not ready to unpack the old stuff just yet, but I have gained a bunch of figures and such since Jan 2009 when I moved. Two of my favorite new additions I bought in Tokyo the day before leaving were two 1:1 lifesized PVC "big" slimes: One metal, one blue. I never could bring myself to opent he boxes, but they are HUGE.

just wondering whats your job?

Well my collection is limited mostly to games.

NES: I, II, III, IV

PS: VII

PS2: VIII

DS: IV, V, VI, IX(2), DQMJ, DQMJ2, Rocket Slime

Wii: Swords

I think that's all. I'd like to get the GBC versions of the games and get the monsters, but I don't have a GBC or GBA to play them on.

How many games i need to have to be considered a collection?

Edited by alanredstar

^ As long as you own something Dragon Quest related, I'd say you have at least a small collection.

This topic is quite inspiring, I must say. I consider myself a huge DQ fan, but my collection doesn't hold a candle to most here. ENIX, I'm especially jelly of your little Watabou in the middle of your shelf.

Anyway, here's my collection (All DS, Wii, and PS games are complete in their original cases. I only specified CIB if it came in a box. Otherwise, it's cart-only)

Main series:

Dragon Warrior (NES)

Dragon Warrior I + II (GBC)

Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Dragon Quest V (DS)

Dragon Quest VI (SFC; CIB)

Dragon Quest VI (DS)

Dragon Warrior VII (PS1)

Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Monsters:

Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC)

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey (GBC)

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (GBC)

Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (GBA; CIB)

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS)

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (DS)

Other spin-offs:

Torneko no Daibouken: Fushigi no Dungeon (SFC)

Torneko: The Last Hope (PS1)

Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest: Shougeki No Shippo Dan (GBA; CIB)

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS)

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)

Itadaki Street DS (DS)

Swag (pathetically small):

Plush slime from pre-ordering DQVI DS

Two small crystal keychains that came in a treasure chest (forgot the name of the series)

Blue slime t-shirt from Dragon Quest IX Gamestop Event (had to win it at my Gamestop, actually)

Stickers and poster from that same event

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Synthesizer Suite

And that's it. I definitely want to get some more swag.

Edited by 1upsuper

My oldDQ catridges are long gone but i continue my love/support for DQ by collecting their Figures/merchandizes..

I have a few of them myself which was burried in this forum^^

http://www.woodus.co...69

http://www.woodus.co...27

http://www.woodus.co...59

Just recently bought the DQ heroes vinyl figures.. ^^ (pics later)

Edited by Poron

ENIX,

Were those killing machines the same one as this? I can't find them anywhere online, so I'm kinda sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...T#ht_2793wt_786

Also, I just got my latest haul in the mail today:

A. I want that helm, sword, and shield set so bad...I think they did the emblem too...all three are just way too expensive for me right now, unfortunately. And I doubt they're going to get any cheaper sadly. Actually, at the moment, I can't afford any of the sweet 25th ann swag. :(

B. Do NOT waste your money on those. They are Hong Kong replicas. Avoid any and ALL plushes from HK too...I found out the hard way that all of the HK stuff in the last couple of years is all fake. They look pretty darn close to the real thing, but the plushes all don't have the tags, and the PVC figures are all mysteriously missing the boxes and all. AVOID AVOID AVOID. But yes, to answer your question, those overpriced replicas are, in fact, the same as the real ones - minus the fact of being legit. You can get the real ones for probably double the price, but you also get the box and they're official, high quality. Now, if you don't care about them being real and don't care about cheap plastics and flimsy swords and arrows, then I suppose you can save yourself a fortune and cop-out the $90 shipped for that pair... up to you.

It's probably a case of the factory wanting to make a quick buck for themselves. Happens all the time. They'll finish the run and just keep working. Sometimes it gets even shadier. Take a look at these masterpiece class Transformers. They came to be because apparently they swiped one of the production molds from the factory. Most of the time it's done on the cheap, so you wind up with inferior materials.

Oh, no doubt the molds are the same, but the paint jobs are complete $#!& in comparison. I bought some HK sofubi figures from a guy in HK, didn't come with boxes and they looked fine when I unboxed them, but when I compared them to some legit ones I had of the same model and it was obvious how bad they looked. Also the plastic was thinner and the joints didn't hold the arms in place when posed.

At first glance and at a distance, they do look good, which is why the auctions and website pics look legit.

Edited by ENIX

Oh, no doubt the molds are the same, but the paint jobs are complete $#!& in comparison. I bought some HK sofubi figures from a guy in HK, didn't come with boxes and they looked fine when I unboxed them, but when I compared them to some legit ones I had of the same model and it was obvious how bad they looked. Also the plastic was thinner and the joints didn't hold the arms in place when posed.

At first glance and at a distance, they do look good, which is why the auctions and website pics look legit.

I've noticed the same thing with Super Mario Bros. figurines. They sell similar ones in Canada that are slightly larger (same pose) but the paint job is complete crap. You'd think it would be harder to properly paint a figurine that is 4cm tall but apparently the Japanese just take a lot more time to do it instead of releasing garbage. This is why none of my figurines are from Canada.

I finally got this 1 box set yesterday T_T

Ive been searching for this since 2009.

treasurechest.jpg

> PORON opens ChesT!

> . . . . .

> !

> Poron Received Legendary ROTO ARMOR Sets!

ROTO.jpg

Awesum!

Edited by Poron

treasurechest.jpg

> PORON opens ChesT!

> . . . . .

> !

ROTO.jpg

Awesum!

What series is that? I bought a box in July 2010 of Series II and I got the complete Liquid Metal Slime Armor character. I might ask one of my friends to send a box of them over if they are still releasing different series. I believe every box has one complete secret character, it can't be a coincidence we both got one.

Edited by 진건0701

@korean0701: Yeah,buying one box almost always guarrantees a complete Armor secret figure!

Roto Armor was Volume 1 of DQIX:Character Making Figure

while Vol.2 have Metal Slime Armor as its secret^^

Games

Dragon Warrior (NES - In the box with all manuals/maps including the Nintendo Power booklets)

Dragon Warrior 2 (NES - in the box with all manuals/maps)

Dragon Quest 2 (Famicom - loose)

Dragon Warrior 3 (NES - in the box with all manuals/maps)

Dragon Warrior 4 (NES - in the box with all manuals/maps)

Dragon Warrior 1&2 (GBC - in the box with all manuals)

Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC - in the box with all manuals)

Dragon Quest 3 (GBC - loose with manual)

Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC - in the box with all manuals)

Torneko The Last Hope (PS1 - in the case with manual)

Dragon Warrior 7 (PS1 - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest 8 (PS2 - in the box and case with manual)

Dragon Quest 4 (DS - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest 5 (DS - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest 6 (DS - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest 9 (DS - in the case with manual)

Rocket Slime (DS - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (DS - in the case with manual)

Dragon Quest Swords (Wii - in the case with manual)

Strategy Guides

DW1&2 (GBC)

DWM (GBC)

DWM2 (GBC)

Rocket Slime (DS)

DQ4 (DS)

DQ5 (DS)

DQ6 (DS)

DW7 (PS1)

DQ8 (PS2)

DQ9 (DS)

DQMJ2 (DS)

Other

DW3 GBC Poster

DQ9 DS Poster

DQ9 DS Party Slime Shirt

Large blue plushy Slime

Large orange plushy Slime

Small plush Mischievous Mole

Misc keychains

Blue slime DS stand/speaker

Vinyl - Slime, King Slime, Slime Knight, Golem, Gigantes

Lots of Dot Graphics Magnets

Lots of other little figures

Lots of soundtracks

Probably other stuff I'm forgetting...

Forgive me for being a necro, but I figured it was better to use an existing topic. :tounge2:

My current collection consists of the following:

• Games:
    • Dragon Warrior (NES), Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC, Complete w/ Box, Manual), Dragon Warrior III (GBC, Complete w/ Box, Manual), Dragon Warrior VII (Complete w/ Case, Manual)
    • Dragon Quest IV, V, VI (DS); Dragon Quest VIII; Dragon Quest IX - all complete
    • Dragon Warrior Monsters, Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure, DQM: Joker, DQM: Joker 2
    • Tornkeo: The Last Hope, Dragon Quest Swords, Fortune Street

[*]Guides

• Dragon Warrior I&II (GBC); Dragon Warrior III (GBC); Dragon Warrior Monsters; Dragon Warrior VII
    • Dragon Quest IV (DS), Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest IX
    • DQM Joker
    • Dragon Warrior 1 "Adventure Guide" Quick Info Card

[*]Swag/Other

• Dragon Quest VI Pre-order Slime Plush
    • King Slime Key chain from Slime Knights, Rocket Slime DS key chain

Pics can be found in my gallery, but I'll post the general shot here:

My Collection(2012)

treasurechest.jpg

> PORON opens ChesT!

> . . . . .

> !

ROTO.jpg

Awesum!

Any chance you could give a link to where you ordered it from?

I actually found the best prices on ebay and Amazon a few weeks ago when I got mine. WAAY cheaper than amiami.

I just picked up a near mint (in case, with manual w/slight crease in the corner, discs look like they've never been used) Dragon Quest VII (Japanese) at a thrift store for $12!!