Sign in to follow this  
Dunsparce

Post Your Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest Collection

My 'collection' isn't much, but I've got;

NES

- Dragon Warrior (plus game booklet)

- Dragon Warrior III (plus game booklet & charts)

GBC

- Dragon Warrior III

DS

- Dragon Quest IV (plus stratagy guide)

- Dragon Quest V (plus stratagy guide)

- Dragon Quest VI (plus stratagy guide)

- Dragon Quest IX (plus stratagy 'tome')

cheers!

Are you talking about this thread?

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10275

Because it was posted to as recently as less than two months ago. Is that really necroposting? :P

Are you talking about this thread?

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10275

Because it was posted to as recently as less than two months ago. Is that really necroposting? :P

I'd say not... actually, the two threads should be merged and sticky'd so people always know to post their collection in one thread.

Whoops. >.>;

I suck at keeping track on time mentally, so I guess I screweed up.

Edited by Dunsparce

GBC

- Dragon Quest Monsters

DS

- Dragon Quest IV

- Dragon Quest V

- Dragon Quest VI (R4i)

- Dragon Quest IX

- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker

Games:

Dragon Warrior 1+2 (GBC)

Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Dragon Quest V (DS)

Dragon Quest VI (DS)

Dragon Warrior VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Dragon Warrior Monsters

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Torneko: Last Hope

Misc:

DQ VI Slime pre-order

DQ IX event t-shirt

DQ VIII strategy guide

Edited by Ms.RPG

These are older pics...I have nearly double now...

Could you tell me more about the gold man statue you have? i have just aquired one and wondered where they came from :)

also im an avid collector just wondering if there is a good database of DQ items to use as a collection reference :) also from a rarity point of view just wonderinf if anyone knows what the rare bits are and what a price guide might be :) buiy out of yahoo jp is an expensive exercise as it stands so paying fair prices is something im keen on :)

just acquired a DQVI poster from the best buy event and i forgot to add the slime plush...........

just acquired a DQVI poster from the best buy event and i forgot to add the slime plush...........

Damn id like one of those :) anyone in teh US able to help me buy the game, the guide and a poster ? :)

Could you tell me more about the gold man statue you have? i have just aquired one and wondered where they came from :)

also im an avid collector just wondering if there is a good database of DQ items to use as a collection reference :) also from a rarity point of view just wonderinf if anyone knows what the rare bits are and what a price guide might be :) buiy out of yahoo jp is an expensive exercise as it stands so paying fair prices is something im keen on :)

I know quite a bit about where lots of my swag came from. I can also give you some general prices if you want...they may be a year or so outdated but I'd imagine they only went up.

As for the goldman, there were supposedly only about 50-100 made and were only given to Enix employees in the 80's as a sort of reward for good work during the DQ1/DQ2 era. The only known Americans they were ever given to were the translators of DW1. Funny thing was that Adam (?) of Nintendo Power was a translator for DW1 and he said he was the only one who got one and was shocked to see that I owned one because he said something along the lines of he only knew 5 people who had them. I've heard other numbers, one person suggested 50 were made, a guy in Japan said it was more like 100. It's hard to know how many exist today.

I know quite a bit about where lots of my swag came from. I can also give you some general prices if you want...they may be a year or so outdated but I'd imagine they only went up.

As for the goldman, there were supposedly only about 50-100 made and were only given to Enix employees in the 80's as a sort of reward for good work during the DQ1/DQ2 era. The only known Americans they were ever given to were the translators of DW1. Funny thing was that Adam (?) of Nintendo Power was a translator for DW1 and he said he was the only one who got one and was shocked to see that I owned one because he said something along the lines of he only knew 5 people who had them. I've heard other numbers, one person suggested 50 were made, a guy in Japan said it was more like 100. It's hard to know how many exist today.

Hey thats great information on the gold man :) i'll be one of the lucky few, fingers crossed it arrives ok .. i would be very interested in your general prices, desirable items etc.. ive been adding to my collection slowly over time, havent had alot to do with teh plush tos, but just starting to add some, browsing yahoo jp there are so many wonderful things id love to buy :)

...I think I just dirtied my boxers. That's an insane collection.

agreed.

i need to change............i was eyeballin all that merchandise i didnt even hear the sound of me $#!**!^ myself :P

Eventually I'll post the pics of the new stuff.

u wouldnt happen to have any posters or any duplicate plushies or keychains u would want to part with? ill buy if ya do :D

One thing I just thought about...are you sure your goldman is the same as mine with the ceramic "grass" base? Because there's also the Metallic Monster Gallery one in this pic: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/2314431875_648102edc2.jpg

Totally different in size, rarity and value.

No i have the gold man statue from the metallic monsters series aswell the other one i have is

nine_soul19-img450x347-1278159492lra3ck74481.jpg

I believe this is the same as yours..

yessir, that's the one! Congrats! Hang on to that baby.

u wouldnt happen to have any posters or any duplicate plushies or keychains u would want to part with? ill buy if ya do :D

Not sure. I may, but I'd need to unpack everything again to find out.

I know at one time I had dupes of all of the DQ1-3 bosses in plush form, but I think I gave those to my brother a few years ago.

Edited by ENIX

Enix, oh my God. You're the first person I've seen that actually has the boy and saber plushes from the original release of Dragon Quest V! It's the first and only pictures I've seen outside of a catalog image!

Can you tell me any more about them? Do you have any other pictures of them? Have you seen any others anywhere? I'd literally pay hundreds for them.

Id be keen to know more about the plushies and rarity/hardness to obtain, apparently the goldman statue i have is NOT an enix employee only one, and was sold through stores in 92. Dont know much more than that..

Enix, oh my God. You're the first person I've seen that actually has the boy and saber plushes from the original release of Dragon Quest V! It's the first and only pictures I've seen outside of a catalog image!

Can you tell me any more about them? Do you have any other pictures of them? Have you seen any others anywhere? I'd literally pay hundreds for them.

Honestly, I cannot for the life of me remember where/how I got them...it was a long time ago while in Japan. I think it may have been in Akihabara in a small shop that had glass booths that were rented out to regular people who sell their stuff in and on top of the little glass lockers. I think.

I do know they're like insanely rare, but I don't know an exact value. If I were to guess, I'd say low hundreds, possibly more since I too have never seen them anywhere else. Some of the rarer plushes do in fact sell for hundreds, the most expensive I know are the bosses, more specifically the DragonLord in dragon form which runs about $400-$500.

Id be keen to know more about the plushies and rarity/hardness to obtain, apparently the goldman statue i have is NOT an enix employee only one, and was sold through stores in 92. Dont know much more than that..

Where did you get this info?

By the way, if anyone knows where to find this set; currently it's like my most wanted DQ set:

p1.jpg

Dragon Quest Abel HG Sofubi Series set.

ドラゴンクエストHGソフビシリーズ

By the way, if anyone knows where to find this set; currently it's like my most wanted DQ set:

p1.jpg

Dragon Quest Abel HG Sofubi Series set.

ドラゴンクエストHGソフビシリーズ

Those are actually on eBay right now. I'd never seen them before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Warrior-Quest-Anime-Abel-HG-Model-Figure-Toy-/290551027436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a630d6ec#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Warrior-Quest-Anime-Tiala-HG-Model-Figure-Toy-/290551027743?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a630d81f#ht_500wt_1156

There are others that look equally rare, but they're not in the same packaging that your picture shows.

I can get them wayyyyyy cheaper than that individually. I was hoping maybe someone would have the set. Abel, Daisy and Tiala are only worth about $35-$40 each, so you're seeing the US Ebay markup in play for those listings. Moko is the hardest to find. Yanak is like $50.

My collection isn't *quite* as impressive as most of them here, hahaha.

NES games: Dragon Warrior IV (I rented the other three from Erol's waaay back in the day)

PS1 games: Dragon Warrior VII

PS2 games: Dragon Quest VIII: JotCK

GBC games: Dragon Warrior Monsters, Dragon Warrior I&II, Dragon Warrior III

DS games: Dragon Quest IV: CotC, Dragon Quest V: HotHB, Dragon Quest VI: RoR, Dragon Quest IX: SotSS, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Dragon Quest Sofubi Monsters: Slime, Golem, Slime Knight, King Slime, Metal Slime, Metal King Slime, Slime Stack, Liquid Metal Slime, Great Dragon, Orochi.

I started collecting the sofubi monsters about a month ago. I get them at mostly-reasonable prices from amiami.jp and I hope to have the full set by the end of the year. Right now I'm just looking for ones that cost under $15 US aren't on back order, but eventually to get some of the rare ones I'll have to resort to more expensive means. Dunno if I'll even try to get those metallic bosses or large-sized monsters.