Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Zenith

Contest #73 - The Most Prime Slippin' Slime Score of all Time

slime_curling_machine.png

Dragon Quest 6 has been out for a couple of weeks now and it's high time we had a new DQ6-related contest. For anybody who hasn't tried it out yet, the Slippin' Slime mini-game is actually quite addicting and a lot of fun.

spinning_slime.giffalling_slime.gif

Your objective in this contest is to achieve the highest Slippin' Slime score among all 6 tracks. Your total score will be the sum of your scores from all of the 6 tracks. The three people with the highest total scores will win this contest. But that's not all!

The one person with the single highest score in this contest will also receive a Metallic Goldslime Figurine, courtesy of an anonymous Slime-loving Dragon's Denizen:

goldslime_Metallic_Figurine.png

Here are the contest rules:

1) Submit your score by taking a photo of your DS while viewing the Slippin' Slime High Score Screen (emulator screenshots will NOT be accepted)

2) Submit your score to me via Private Message

3) Only one submission per person allowed

You have until Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 to submit your score.

Tips for success:

1) See the Slippin' Slime Guide for tips on each track

2) Use the Slippin' Slime machines in either Turnscote or Greedmore Valley as these are the only two machines with access to all 6 tracks

Goo luck, and may the most prime Slippin' Slime scorer win!

I actually found this mini-game to be quite hard. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I try to slide the stylus back and forth on the appropriate boxes and it goes too fast and it's hard to steer it in the right direction if it goes too close to the edge. I try to do it slower and the slime runs out of speed and the game ends. Is there some sort of trick to using the stylus that will give you better control or something? I did manage to get to the second last stage but I cannot for the life of me beat that stage without getting better at my sweeping controls.

I would be worried of people cheating on this with action replay or r6 units...

I've only just defeated Gracos. Crap, I'll have to pick up the pace if I want to get to Turnscote (or Greedmore Valley, whichever comes first).

what if we only have 5 of the courses done? lol. the last one is wayyyyyy too hard but if need be i WILL practice until i beat that last course before march 9th.

knowing my luck i wont win the goldslime figurine but dammit im gonna try

well i just completed the last course and tried to take a photo of my scores but its blurry as sin. any way of fixing that?

well i just completed the last course and tried to take a photo of my scores but its blurry as sin. any way of fixing that?

Steady hands and optimal lighting conditions.

well i could take the picture so its barely readable then take a pic (and post my scores here) or use my friends DSIXL then take a pic

I thought about that, but I'm not aware of any action replay codes that would help here. Also, I don't know how a flash card could help here. I hope the honor system will be good enough. Anyone else quite concerned about that?

Hmmm, I don't really know what's the best way to take a non-blurry photo of your DS screen. Maybe someone else could weigh in on that? Melrath's tips will help no doubt.

ill prolly use my friends DSIXL (cuz the numbers will be bigger and most likely more readable.

if not then i can always post a pic, then list my scores (some of the numbers are partially readable but i wanted them to be totally readable)

im gonna list my scores anyway tho but the pic might prove a problem

as for ppl cheating in action replay there are currently no codes to cheat in the slime games (ud be able to tell anyway by the scores. if they are all perfect or not)

ill post a pic. if the numbers are somewhat readable can u just go with it or does it have to be completely legible?

if so, ill use my friends DSIXL tomorrow and post a pic to verify

I thought about that, but I'm not aware of any action replay codes that would help here. Also, I don't know how a flash card could help here. I hope the honor system will be good enough. Anyone else quite concerned about that?

I might be mistaken with what r6 does, but my belief was it could download saves or get a save from an emulator to the DS. One could use the emulator to perfect the slime game. I am not aware of any such codes or what not, but I would not be surprised to see it done. There are many ways to bot something, so I imagine one could find a way to get perfect scores in slimes by tinkering something with their controls.

While there might not be any released action replay codes out there for the slime game, it is possible someone could find one still. There still is code fishing like the gameshark had, right? (Been so long since I used cheating devices)

I never use Cheat Codes. I just got the Lorelei's Harp for Deep Sea Exploration.

I'd pick up the pace if I were you then. I was at that point on Friday and you've got quite a bit to do before you get to Turnscote.

ill be sending u the scores tomorrow.

i think playing a lil of the slime ggames ensured my winning of this contest :D

but i dont want to jinx it :(

king zenith i sent u the scores. just letting u know in advance :D

There are maximum scores attainable in each level - for some of them it requires getting just the right layout, but with numerous tries it's likely that more than one of us will come across them.... I'm just going to ask in advance, what happens in the unlikely event of a tie?

There are maximum scores attainable in each level - for some of them it requires getting just the right layout, but with numerous tries it's likely that more than one of us will come across them.... I'm just going to ask in advance, what happens in the unlikely event of a tie?

whoa...............i never thought of that...............

what would ahppen in a tie?

there can only be one!!!!! GAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Would prolly go to whoever submitted their scores first.

Scores submitted.

What's all this about Turnscote? The slippin slime machine is in Somnia.b. am I missing something here? I'm not as far as you guys and I've already done slippin slime.

when u reach turnscote and/or greedmoor valley, there is a slippin slime machine. when u play it a new course is available (either the champions course or masters course). depending on where ur at in the game i can tell u

hell i havent beat mortamor yet, im lvl grinding till i reach lvl 50. (although technically i reached mortamor 45 hrs into the game and i now have 74 hrs invested in the game. shows yall how much i lvl grind :P)

That's some crazy level grinding. I'm at about 32hrs, level 36/37 party, ready to fight the final boss. About 5 hours of that is Slippin' Slime.

I think I'm beginning to get good at Cliffside Chaos.

yea i lvl grind until i think i can beat the boss. i just recruited kingsley (and hes a dancer :P) and hes already at lvl 10 (thnx to the metal slimes that fuse into MKS in mortamors domain)

I've been busy so I'm only 17 hours in and I've only just reached Turnscote.