Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Dragon Quest VI

Hello, everyone.

I wrote a post at my blog where I talk about the characters from Dragon Quest VI, and also include the fan-art I have finished so far.

Please go check it out and tell me what you think.

BTW, I am working on a pic of the flying bed. I hope it will be finished soon.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVI%2B-%2BMonsters%2B(00

Art thread list:

Dragon Quest I

Dragon Quest II

Dragon Quest III

Dragon Quest IV

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest VI

Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest Monsters

Dragon Quest Monsters 2

Dragon Quest Monsters - Caravan Heart

Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker

Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2

Dragon Quest - The Adventure of Torneco 3

Dragon Quest - Young Yangus and the Mysterious Dungeon

Slime Morimori Dragon Quest 2

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Dragon Quest - The Adventure of Dai

Non-DQ fan-art thread

Old contest entries

Edited by Cesar Hernandez-Meraz
  • Upvote 1

Well, since I've seen the VI art before, I really have to comment on the blog instead and say I LOVE THE ANGEL SLIME. You've captured it perfectly, beautifully, and most of all, in all of its cuteness.

Zoma, thanks for the comments. So, I take it you are from Mexico. Where from exactly? I am from Torreón, but I live in Aguascalientes now.

Mimas, I just realized the single-character pics are almost 10 years old. I drew them for a college class during Summer 2001!

And I cannot take the credit for the coolness of that angel slime. I drew the lines, but a friend watercolored it. His colors are what make it stand out.

We're far away... You're closer to the guys from California than here...

I have tried to get people into DQ. One who always said they were kind of slow really liked IX, and he says he thinks of me whenever he plays (I always bugged him to give it a chance).

I am slowly getting my BF into DQ, too. Mimas, you'll want to know this. He said he'll read The Adventure of Dai after he finishes the strip he's currently reading (El Cerdotado). The other day we watched the first episode in YouTube, and he liked Gome (BTW, Gome made it into the Flying Bed pic I'm currently coloring).

In other news, I have added four Demon Lords to my post.

Dragon%2BQuest%2BVI%2B-%2BMonsters%2B%2528001%2529.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well, your friend is indeed wonderful with the water colors, but I'm sure you also did at least the line art for the way too cute looking Dark Dream.

Good job in getting your boyfriend to watch Dai. I'm still working on my sister.

That one is still Durran. It's from the Deathtamoor Santa pic with plushies of four demon lords. And that was all me.

He was not too thrilled about reading it first, but he loved the episode and it may be easier now.

That one is still Durran. It's from the Deathtamoor Santa pic with plushies of four demon lords.

I knew I should have double checked! And now you know my dark secret. I can't tell Dark Dream and Durran apart. Now as long as no one finds out that I only recetly figured out how to tell Estark from Death Pisaro I might be able to escape with some dignity.

The picture did look familar, bjut it really is given a chance to shine on its own in the sidebar.

• Like 1

Now as long as no one finds out that I only recetly figured out how to tell Estark from Death Pisaro I might be able to escape with some dignity.

That one's easy. Death Pissarro is the one with all the fangirls, LOL.

Three of those monsters came from Dragon Quest VI illustrations (angel slime, super tentsuku and Durran). Giant slug comes from II and the flame knight is from IV. The gremlin is from a planned DQ II pic I never finished, LOL. All that was done was the gremlin. I might finish it someday.

Glorious as always.  Thanks for sharing this Cesar!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 5:45 AM, Plattym3 said:

Hahahahahahaha! That's awesome!

Well, he effs his sister and he's a jealous kid, so yeah. :D

• Like 1