Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RyuKisargi

Dragon's Fantasy - OOC topic

Imagine just another shitty day, driving to work or to the store. You decide to take an off-route through a tunnel they just constructed...

And you end up driving out into a field, and the tunnel disappears.

This is the world of Dragon Fantasy, a real-life meets fantasy roleplay. You -have- to play a MODERN human. Yourself, or something similar is preferred. You can mold yourself if you want, using particular skills or whatnot to your advantage.

The world of Dragon Fantasy is a carbon-copy of an older RPG, Final Fantasy IX. 4 continents, one majorly inhabited, the other 3 sparsely. The world itself is in a technological steampunk-ish age, meaning you'll be able to "adapt" technology to it. I'll make the RP itself simple to enter.

The rules are simple. No god-modding. You won't be able to in this RP anyway. :D!

Please place anticipated profiles here, using the "Trials of Loto" as a blueprint of sorts.

Here's profile 1, to be added to a separate topic later on.

Name: Matthew

Class: Technomage / Red Mage

Bio: An off-and-on student, Matthew was heading to work one fine day when his truck went off-road into a tunnel under construction. He drove through it, figuring it'd be a good shortcut, but he ended out on an ancient battlefield. Opening his vehicle's door, he looked behind him to notice the tunnel's sudden disappearance.

He thanked God he filled up his gas-tank this morning and drove off to a town in the distance.

He established himself in the town with what he could sell and salvage, he retains his vehicle and some of his technology. With help of an old wizard in the town, he enginnered a way to power a voltage converter with magic batteries he occasionally recharges in thunderstorms thanks to some learning by said wizard.

It's been half a year since he ended up in the world, he has a rudimentary understanding of the general area around the town, and he's learned how to harness some magic from the local town mage. He retains his original clothing, and stands out thus.

He stands out even in the real world, 6'1 and 300 pounds, slightly imposing-looking. Wears a black beret.

Items retained:

'93 Ford F150 - his truck, using an encylopedia and some books on his E-reader, he's managed to keep it fueled with alternate fuel sources.

Cell-phone - a nondescript cell phone, he occasionally checks to see if he has a signal.

Shitty ninja sword - A shitty ninja sword he bought at a yard-sale a day or so before he ended up in the fantasy world. Does not use it.

Tablet - An Android-powered e-Reader he uses as said namesake, he has a few encyclopedias and a lot of legal fiction on it.

Clothing - Retains modern clothing, consisting of a long-sleeve black shirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of good boots(Timbalands, favorite shoes~), and a grey undershirt.

Hat - Black beret, looks like the one Samuel L Jackson or Jamie Hyneman wears.

Items obtained:

Sword - A simple sword received from a man in the town after having some work done, it has a cross-shaped hilt with a two-handed grip. The blade itself is only 2 1/2 feet long however, so said blade can be weilded however.

Leather armor - A simple leather jerkin, worn under his shirt.

Wow, you come up with some cool stuff :P

Here's my application:

Name: Josh

Class: Monk/Martial Artist

Bio: An all around nice guy, with an intelligence higher than most. 5' 11" and 160 pounds. He just finsihed getting a few things at the local shop at the request of his parents, and got on the bus to get back home. He noticed a strange looking man driving the bus today, but shrugged it off and sat down near the back. He dozed off at some point during the ride, and awoke to the driver shouting "Last stop. Everyone off". He didn't see anyone else on the bus though, but he got off. As the bus sped off into the distance, he realized he was standing in the middle of a big field. He walked in a random direction, eventually ending up in a town.

He established himself in the town by working at the local monestary, and wandering about town, helping the locals in anyway he can. In his spare time, he visits the library, trying to find books that could help him find out how to return home.

It's been almost half a year since his arrival, and he's continued his daily training in the martial arts in the towns monestary, and as a result, has become stronger and more agile, and in much better shape than when he first arrived.

Insists he's master of the "Shoryuken"...

Items retained:

Cell-phone - Standard cellphone, with one of those slide out qwerty kepads, not that it's of any use now...

50 dollar bill - a 50 dollar bill that he doubts he'll be able to use in this world.

Spare change - a handful of coins left over from his purchase.

Bottle of Aspirin - Picked it up at the store while still in his world. Still has potential for use.

Clothing - Hooded sweater, T-shirt, shorts, sunglasses, running shoes.

Backpack - Containing: Laptop, charger, multi-tool, a water bottle, frying pan, stainless steel cutting knife.

Items obtained:

Bronze Claws - Glove type things with bronze claws that extend out (a la wolverine) for battle time.

Kenpo Gi - sweet martial artist vest thing.

Tetra Master Card - A card depicting a Flan monster that he found on the outskirts of town.

Wait, I forget how Monk/MA plays out in FF, what skills would I get? Cause depending on what they get, I may change it to white mage instead :o

You won't get "skills" straight off, my character's been in this world for 6 months, and he can use a basic fire, ice, and lightning spell.

You're not gonna have a knapsack with anything extra in it? I know when I go to a bigger city with a busline, I always take a laptop and stuff with me.

Considering your character has been in the world for that long, however...

The monks of the monastary have taught you the basics of say... Kempo. You can use your claws -quite- well, and your skill will be the same as Yang of Fabul's.

That awesome flying-kick thing.

You also can manipulate your body's natural energies "Ki" to focus your energy, hence the awesome flying-kick thing.

Anyone else joining in? I wanna have about 5 people before I start it off.

Considering your character has been in the world for that long, however...

The monks of the monastary have taught you the basics of say... Kempo. You can use your claws -quite- well, and your skill will be the same as Yang of Fabul's.

That awesome flying-kick thing.

You also can manipulate your body's natural energies "Ki" to focus your energy, hence the awesome flying-kick thing.

Anyone else joining in? I wanna have about 5 people before I start it off.

Oh yeah, I remember Yang, dude's a pro. Sounds good. And I guess I'll add more to the items brought in, I just didn't want to over do it XD

I mean hell, this is a -fantasy- world. Some of the most common crap (Bought a knife set for the kitchen before you came home? Stainless Steel! Perfect gift for a king.) can be worth a LOT of money.

Do I have enough stuff now? Or should I add more?

Why would you be carrying around a frying pan?

My guy's gonna have a running vehicle and he didn't bring cooking utentiels. :(

I dunno, I couldn't think of anything else :P

Anyone else?

Maybe do some scouting to get 3 people? :P

I'd like to join! Gimme a bit to mull my character over.

I'd like to join! Gimme a bit to mull my character over.

Awesome! We're at 3/5+ now :D