Just curious...........what do yall look like?

I'd fit in pretty well with the Matrix universe. I have the right 'tude, y'know.

No doubt.

LOL, if I'm out about and traveling, or I end up going to a con in the area you're in and you're up for going as well...hmm, maybe we should do like a big group dress up as part of the original matrix getup.  Maybe a bunch of neo's and trinities.

I'm in Atlanta. Come to Dragon Con and party hard with 65,000 other people spread across 5 hotels. Fire codes be damned.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing I take seriously on the internet is everything.

Was I ready for Halloween?   I was born ready.      

Iggy's hairy chest. That's it. That's what I'm taking away from this whole topic.

Posted Images

I didn't expect the facial hair, but the rest seemed spot on

That's all the facial hair I can do, and I'm 30. It's quite sad.

Better than I can pull off.  I keep growing it out bit by bit because it's so spread thin on my face, with these HUUUGE gaps, especially on my right side.  I was a little too aggressive with my first electric razor (can't use traditional, my hair folicles go in all sorts of strange directions, and I cut myself too easily getting maybe 70%, then having to cut by hand the rest), which was a horrible horrible razor.  Horrible razor.  I learned that lesson after noticing the really painful hair rips meant dead spots on my face.

Here's an ancient picture, when I was a bit larger (2007):

me.jpg

This is the most recent picture of me (2009 =p, my Facebook is from 2008 if you ever find it).  My last ex took this picture...there are others, but this is the only one that's not blurry and just me:

FILE0057.jpg

I've lost quite a bit of weight since that point.

Edited by ignasia7

God, Iggy, we could be related.

LOL, you know what they say, every human being in the world, genetically, is within 9 degrees of separation.  We're all cousins.

Though, to be honest, given how similar we often are, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some closer genetic connection or something.

Edited by ignasia7

You're 30? I would have guessed you were around my age (I'm 22).

I look the same as my picture from a few pages back, only real difference is that I now have black rim glasses and a little more facial hair.

I've been hoping to lose weight, but it's been difficult to stick to my goals. I've tried to start simple by cutting out pop.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

No recent pics, but one from 5 years ago or so at the Sterling Renaissance Festival.

renfest_zps3eb4ce3b.jpg

Edited by Tiael

A man with his mug and his meat stick...I mean leg...o' turkey?

Edited by ignasia7

You're 30? I would have guessed you were around my age (I'm 22).

I am. It's from staying inside all of the time and playing video games and not really eating food.

I used to be really outdoorsy. I am an Eagle Scout too :P

I'm 18 and haven't shaved once. You're doing better than I am

Why do you all guys want beards? I would be so happy without any moustache/beard hair.

Happily, just like Democrobot, I had absolutely none at 18. Got some peach fuzz starting at 19. It was until 30 that I got somewhat more hair below my chin. My cheeks are clean, though, and I get very little moustache, so I can't complain too much. It is not very visible, though, so I only shave around once a month (I hate shaving, my skin hurts after I do).

I also got a couple of friends who were hairier than I'd expect at 13. Leg hair, full armpit hair, some chest hair, and the beginnings of moustache and beard! I'd definitely not think I was doing "worse" than them, with a completely smooth chest at 36. :D :D :D

I just turned 36 this week. I think I look somewhat younger (you be the judge of that). So does Bururian. I think the smiling inside helps a lot to avoid aging.

Buru, do you eat a lot of meat or drink alcohol? I do not eat as much meat as everyone here, who could have meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I mostly get meat from hamburgers, pizzas and hot-dogs, and I cannot even be sure they actually contain meat. I think food has an effect on aging, too.

And Buru, love your hairstyle and your face, minus the beard. I really like the anime character look, and I think you got it. If you dressed up as a Matrix character, I would instead see you as a Turk from Shinra.

I eat an acceptable amount of meat. Mostly chicken. I don't drink very often, but when I do, I only have a few.

I love my hairstyle as well. It took me years to find something I like and I think it looks good on me. The goatee is a bit grown out, but I usually keep it a bit more trimmed. 

'Anime look' is a new one to me.

• Upvote 1

'Anime look' is a new one to me.

I use it to name faces/hairstyles of a specific type.

Few pronounced lines, as in wrinkles, or strong features, like square jaws, or scars, or acne marks, having instead soft, more curvy lines. And hair that could be seen in a cartoon.

Basically, somewhat opposite of a "rugged" look, I guess.

I grow out stubble for a rugged look more often than not.  I don't necessarily want a beard, I just want my hair to grow back in those spots so if I should want to, I can.

As it stands, I can do a goatee, but it's like a um...one of those really thin, refined Spanish goatees?

Half the time is it's a nightmare to shave at all.  Takes me 2~3 hours to get all of it.

Based on my shared pictures, how old you do guys think I am?

I grow out stubble for a rugged look more often than not.  I don't necessarily want a beard, I just want my hair to grow back in those spots so if I should want to, I can.

As it stands, I can do a goatee, but it's like a um...one of those really thin, refined Spanish goatees?

Half the time is it's a nightmare to shave at all.  Takes me 2~3 hours to get all of it.

Based on my shared pictures, how old you do guys think I am?

mid 20s in that picture, it looks like. It's hard to nail down an exact age, but that's what it looks like.

• Upvote 1

Cool.  I feel 25, so that would about fit.  I haven't changed much.  I should take a recent picture.

In your case, there are a lot of factors.

Face looks young enough. No lines and round shapes, plus clear-looking eyes (contrasted to the eyes of a 5 year old who has seen a lot of death and suffering, thus getting an older man's eyes). The face alone places you in mid 20s, as Buru said.

Then there is the mix of expression, body language and even clothing in these two pics. They give a mature look, more middle age, which could bring your age to mid to late 30s (or very young looking 40s).

Lastly, there is the hairline. Of course, these can start receding as early as one's teen years, so it really does not mean anything, but it does bring thoughts of 30s and 40s.

Taking all of these into account, even though the face says 25, I would say the overall look is 35. Of course, I'd now like to see you with T-shirts, cap and shorts, while playing in the sun and smiling. You may look very young then.

• Upvote 1

Don't exist, and my hairline has been that way since I was 13 or 14.  Helped when I was younger as I was the only person never carded going anywhere, which is funny because I'm carded now.

I guess I could get some pictures taken of me in movement or standing in my general get-up (incidentally that IS shirt, shorts, and sandals).  Will take a bit, but when I have them I'll pop them up here.

Considering my history, I'm glad my eyes don't display the things I have seen and witnessed.  I've never wanted to bring any of my past into the lives of others, save in telling about what I've been through.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

I don't get carded with the beard, but without it I look like a baby-faced Irishman, so practically all the time.

• Upvote 3

Here is the extent of my beard/moustache, in a pic I shared a year and a half ago (my age was 34 and a half).

It does not get much more noticeable than this even at one month (I am not sure, but I calculate this is like 2 weeks).

Big size for better details.

WP_20141024_014.jpg

Edited by Cesar Hernandez-Meraz
  • Upvote 1

It's kind of funny how popular this topic became once again.

Maybe our next contest should be a style contest ala Dragon Quest VI.

It looks good, ad at least they're clean lines.  Barely noticeable, but how long have you spent trying to grow a mustache and beard?.  I can't even do that.  Sadly I erased my last facial hair photos.  I think I'll let this current batch grow in a bit, snap a photo then.  See the gaping holes I created in my youth!