Sign in to follow this  
DJ BlackJack

Just curious...........what do yall look like?

Show off! ;) I am an actor and these last two years my condition has been the worst ever. :( Then again, my arms have always been the weakest part of my body, so push-ups are a big no for me, hahahahaha.

I also do a nice warm-up before I start doing any acting. It really makes a huge difference. I once gained nearly an extra inch of height after doing it.

Man, I wish I could be thin without eating better and working out...

So do I. Already eat nothing but homemade food, some of which is even homegrown food. On the very rare occasion do I eat fast food and even then it isn't much. I also work out a lot and I still ain't thin. I'm also short, but I don't particularly care about that.

Maybe you should try putting Rogain on your chest.  That way if hair does grow, it will take away from the unsightly growth below your rib cage!  If it doesn't, well, you tried.

Though honestly I've found losing weight is quite dependent on a lot of things.  I actually lost about 60lbs in about 2 weeks.  No problems, no issues of any kind.  I changed my diet somewhat.  I stopped drinking Starbucks Frappuccino's (I have such a massive sweet tooth, and wow, vanilla frappuccino's are SOOOO good...SOOOOOOOOOO good).  Also just general reduction in sugar, and I was forced out of a job that was extremely stressful, though I wasn't fired, since I could be rehired on the spot, just without any of my previous raises, which they screwed me over anyway.

I was paid less than 1/3 of what I should have been in terms of raises...Should've been making about 20+/h, I was paid 13+/h, it's a long story, and I was fired the day after the corporate end decided I was being paid too low and brought up my pay to 16+/h...same day I had a perfect review, was called an exemplary employee, yada yada...walk in the next day...no Alex, you've got to come into the back...walked into the back, and lo, there was my boss, looking away from me as she sat me down and told me they had to let me go.  Even offered to let me out the back, where they put the trash (it wasn't meant to be an insult, it was the only backway out...but I went out the front after sobbing for a few hours...first time I was ever fired).  I say fired, because I was fired, despite that I could be rehired then and there (everyone else that's officially fired cannot be rehired for 6months to a full year or never, depending on the infraction).

Anyway, point is, that job was stressful, and I hit 260.  I started working there at 180.  Pretty happy as well, but damn that place sucks the life out of you (well, my area anyway, people who would come in from other Starbucks out of state talked about how happy their place of employment was...until about a month into joining the Santa Fe SBux's...supposedly it's a lot better now though, but I wouldn't ever consider going back).

I did only two things.  1) Learned to relax and enjoy myself.  2) Ate a bit healthier.  I hit 200 in 2 weeks, then about 175 after another 2 weeks.  I ate less bread as well.  I WILL say that while I ate less sugar in general, I ate a TON more ice cream (a tub every 2 weeks).  I didn't actually eat less either (about 2-3 burgers a week, sometimes a full week of just red meat).  Hmm, weight lifting doesn't help with losing weight though.  Never has, not unless you weight life on an empty stomach, and by that I mean while fasting.

One thing that is pretty universal, regardless of genetic predisposition to any foods due to genetics, is fasting and working out = good.  When you're fasting while working out, your body has no excess fats to draw for energy to rebuild muscle tissue.  So it draws from the body's supply.

Also, you don't have to do pushups (I can't anymore, my left wrist can't handle it, it feels like there's a splint or something).  Just try putting those sandbags you wrap around the wrist, and punch outward.  5 or 10lb's is fine for each. Then grab a 10lb weight and do bi's and tri's.  Do about 30 reps each, then 30 again, then if your muscle is too sore to go on, stop.  Do this every 3 days, and add 10 reps total every 3 attempts, so every 9 days.  30, 30, 10...then 30, 30, 20...then 30, 30, 30...when you've hit 30, 30, 30, it's time to do a changeup.  Add 5 lbs, start back at 30, 30, and work back up to 30, 30, 30.  Then do 30, 30, 30 for awhile, until you feel up for adding another 5lbs.

For fasting while this is going on, you don't have to do a full fast.  You can eat breakfast, then nothing else, do a little jogging before weight lifting, or running in place to get out your initial calories, and burn through those, then stretch and do it.  So no Lunch.  Also best to make it routine.  Or you can just do a fast before just one of these workouts a week.  So pick one a week, and fast the full day for that one, no dinner afterwards either.

Also drink plenty of liquids.  Water is preferred but Gatorade is fine, though anything that boosts electrolytes and has less sugar is better, but not necessary.

When you do eat breakfast, if you decide that route, eat small, protein mostly.  Eggs with a little salt will work (need salt, or you sweat out too much, but not TOO much salt, just what you'd normally eat is fine...so if it tastes bad and salty, that's definitely too much).

Note too that working out helps retain focus of the mind.

Not sure if this will go anywhere, but maybe it might help get a few ideas, or some concepts rolling.  You an lose weight at any age, and metabolism, like brain power, is NOT reduced with age.  That's myth, and always has been.  The problem is for most of us, much of what we do eat is either somewhat not proper for our genetics, or there's something in there that's technically poisonous.  You'd be surprised at the chemicals added to even some "healthy" foods.  It's also a matter of consistency, and again... genetics is a quirky thing.  Also a matter of type of exercise, and some people generally can't really lose weight, because it's their cell's natural fat storing process, but often this shows up from an early age, it's not related to getting larger down the road.

I should know, I go up and down constantly.  Half the reason why my height changes is likely due to changes in diet.  I'm not exactly consistent.  I can go 5-10lbs difference in a single day.  I wake up my stomach is full, my pants don't fit me.  I eat stuff that my system can't process properly, so it builds up around my waist.  I wake up the next day, my face looks like it gained 5 lbs.  I eat mostly right foods, maybe a bit of extra walking, next day my face is lean, my pants are falling without a belt...and yeah.  I guess my metabolism is awesome, but about 8 years ago it sucked.  I'm older...33 today, and my metabolism is MUCH better now.  Actually I'd say it matches when I was about 18.  The more active I am, the younger my metabolism.   About 3 years ago, I could eat about 3 pizzas and gain nothing.  I was running a lot, doing a lot of working out, and was really into that whole "insanity" workout craze (HOLY CRAP THAT'S ROUGH, but fun though...and it works well, really well).

Anyhow...I know this is way too much info, but cheers!

I'm sorry but I cannot condone Ignasia's methods in the very slightest. Fasting can have extremely detrimental longterm health problems, and losing so much weight in a month is just plain wrong. Just eat at a 500 calorie deficit every day and you lose weight at a rate of about 1-2lbs per week. Eating protein at a 1:1 ratio of your bodyweight per lb helps a lot too.

No fasting.

Never.

I'm sorry but I cannot condone Ignasia's methods in the very slightest. Fasting can have extremely detrimental longterm health problems, and losing so much weight in a month is just plain wrong. Just eat at a 500 calorie deficit every day and you lose weight at a rate of about 1-2lbs per week. Eating protein at a 1:1 ratio of your bodyweight per lb helps a lot too.

No fasting.

Never.

I'm going to flat out say...you're totally wrong about fasting and working out.  There are many studies proving that the most effective way to burn off excess fat and increase muscles is to work out while fasting....you don't need a full fast like a full day of no eating, just workout in the morning before you eat, and at night, eat around 5PM and no later than 7PM.  That way your system has nothing in the stomach to devour when it attempts to build back up the muscle tissue you've just torn into.

Again, you don't have to do a full-on fast, but you won't have extremely detrimental long-term health problems.  That's myth, and always has been.  The only time it's not is if you're talking about eating nothing for a month or longer, and at that point the body starts devouring the muscle tissue, along with other detrimental effects, such as lack of resistance to disease, a bloat of the stomach due to your system devouring itself.  You're talking about either extremes, or people in places where they rarely get any food, and have been living off maybe 200-500 calories a day for eons...their entire life or near enough, and drink from water sources that are unclean and contain various biological, bacterial, and viral agents.  Yet you're treating it like that's what I'm asking for.  A month of pure fasting, or a week straight.

A day of fasting here or there (maybe once a week), or taking a meal off once every 3-6 days and working out in between?  Which is pretty much what I suggested, is NOT GOING TO HARM YOUR BODY.   Or having an extended break from an early dinner, waking up, working out, then eating breakFAST about 30 minutes to an hour later, when your system has cooled down.

Also that weight loss for me was adding nothing more than an extra walk, reducing my sugar (my caloric intake was still over 2500), reducing my bread intake to two slices a day, and the lack of stress from work.

Edited by ignasia7

No fasting.

Never.

I'm going to flat out say...you're totally wrong about fasting and working out.  There are many studies proving that the most effective way to burn off excess fat and increase muscles is to work out while fasting....you don't need a full fast like a full day of no eating, just workout in the morning before you eat, and at night, eat around 5PM and no later than 7PM.  That way your system has nothing in the stomach to devour when it attempts to build back up the muscle tissue you've just torn into.

Again, you don't have to do a full-on fast, but you won't have extremely detrimental long-term health problems.  That's myth, and always has been.  The only time it's not is if you're talking about eating nothing for a month or longer, and at that point the body starts devouring the muscle tissue, along with other detrimental effects, such as lack of resistance to disease, a bloat of the stomach due to your system devouring itself.  You're talking about either extremes, or people in places where they rarely get any food, and have been living off maybe 200-500 calories a day for eons...their entire life or near enough, and drink from water sources that are unclean and contain various biological, bacterial, and viral agents.  Yet you're treating it like that's what I'm asking for.  A month of pure fasting, or a week straight.

A day of fasting here or there (maybe once a week), or taking a meal off once every 3-6 days and working out in between?  Which is pretty much what I suggested, is NOT GOING TO HARM YOUR BODY.   Or having an extended break from an early dinner, waking up, working out, then eating breakFAST about 30 minutes to an hour later, when your system has cooled down.

Also that weight loss for me was adding nothing more than an extra walk, reducing my sugar (my caloric intake was still over 2500), reducing my bread intake to two slices a day, and the lack of stress from work.

But that's not exactly true.

Taking those days or weeks may not be detrimental for you in the short run, but they're not going to be positive either. I can tell you that losing 60lbs in 2 weeks is $#!&ing insane, and that is not healthy. It's too dramatic of a change to the body to even be remotely considered in a short amount of time. There's a reason that health professionals don't starve themselves to lose weight, or the Biggest Loser contestants just sit ingesting nothing but water.

Please don't give medical advice where you should not, you'll just end up hurting people and that's what I care about, not proving you wrong.

Isn't fasting at all bad for you though? Like, you lose a lot of weight over time but when you go from eating nothing but a salad all day to going back to your regular diet will cause your metabolism to go nuts and you gain back a ton of weight at a faster rate?

I want to point out that fasting is required pre-surgery (or it was for me).

Fun Fact About Me - Ever since the gallbladder surgery I've kinda gotten used to not eating. I really don't eat too much because of weight loss guilt and not wanting to eat the wrong thing and receive terrible, horrible, nightmarish diarrhea.

When my gallbladder konked out it dropped 30 pounds in three months. It took another few years to lose the other 30 and while I'm at the right weight for my height, there's still some I need to tone to be happy/look the way I want. So dropping that much in that amount of time is insane and I don't see how a person would still be alive. Even when my friend got the gastric sleeve, he was dropping weight at a pretty fast rate and it still wasn't that much. Plus without the exercise and toning, he had to have additional, extremely painful surgeries to remove the excess skin.

I have also heard that sleeping well helps, opposed to staying late every night reading or playing.

Same as being stress-free. Those things let the body process things the way it should.

I tend to lose a lot of weight after getting out of a stressful situation like a long-term relationship or a job.  When I left MTV in 2006 I dropped a ton of weight because I wasn't working until 10pm every night.  And when I broke up with my girlfriend in 2008, after a tumultuous and stressful 2 years and 8 months, I lost even more weight--to the point where I had to donate all my pants to The Good Will.

Sometimes it helps to set goals, too.  Like sign up for one of those mud run obstacle courses, and then get in shape for the lead up to the event.  There are some relatively short mud runs that are really fun to do, like Warrior Dash--which isn't crazy intensive.  There's also Tough Mudder, but that's more like military-style training, like scaling 8 foot tall walls without a rope, dependent entirely upon upper-body strength (or in my case, friends to help.)  I found the less intensive mud-runs--the shorter, 3.5 mile ones--to be ultimately more fun.

Edited by Liamland

New batch of pics! All from this October.

WP_20141017_009.jpgWP_20141017_013.jpgWP_20141020_069.jpg

WP_20141024_014.jpgWP_20141026_003.jpgWP_20141028_019.jpg

And this is "17 years old me" from inside Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity.

WP_20141023_001.jpgWP_20141023_004.jpg

Wow, that's quite a lot of variety for only 6 selfies. 

This is kind of the "inner real me". My dad always got mad because he said people should have a "defined style" (and I bet he wanted my "defined style" to be a boring one, with my hair always short and that). But I always liked combing my hair in whatever way I felt like doing it, sometimes totally different ones each day (as much as my hair's length would allow). Same for clothing. I would hate having to wear suits for work, but I can wear one just "because" sometimes, and I will always try to wear it with a special air that makes people say it looks good (I disagree with people who say suits make everyone look good; one has to actually wear them in a special way, or they will look more pathetic when wearing a suit).

Then there is the "practical real me". The one that just wears the shirt at the top of the clothes heap, a pair of jeans (or shorts) and whatever shape his hair settles in after showering. This is the "me" that more others see more often, since it is the one I become when I have no time for choosing clothes/doing my hair.

My picture is in the website link in my profile. I was Born in Poland but lived in the United States since I was 5. I am Catholic. I have been playing DQ since the NES days. I also smoke but I do not drink. I also like to run. I am trying to learn Japanese. I spent two years in the Army.

• Upvote 1

I think the first time I uploaded a photo to this site, I had to borrow a scanner from school. Times change, huh?  Anyway, I took this with my phone this summer for the world cup. This was before the US v. Germany match.  It's silly, and I love it. 

http://imgur.com/xYaxFLk

I think the first time I uploaded a photo to this site, I had to borrow a scanner from school. Times change, huh? Anyway, I took this with my phone this summer for the world cup. This was before the US v. Germany match. It's silly, and I love it.

http://imgur.com/xYaxFLk

Omg. That shirt! Awesome USA vs Germany wear!

Ive never noticed this topic, lol ... shows how attentive I can be. Ill add myself.

(copy/pasted from page 1)

birthdate: 08/24/74
height: 5'4
weight: 145
ethnicity: White (German/Russian mix in my background)
hair color/style: Blondish brown
eye color: blue
shoe size: 7 (small shoe size for a guy but whateva)

Other stuff : I manage a pizza place. Been gaming since before most people on here were born. I was a finalist of the OKC 1990 NWC world championships. Also was offered a position as a Nintendo gameplay counselor around the same time but my parents were unwilling to move to Washington for me to do that. :( Am an avid RPG'er. Other than gaming, I am into body piercing (have around 20 or so even though none of them are over the top flashy like the new stupid current trend) and Harleys/VWs. I own a custom 1999 Sportster and a 1966 VW Baja.

I have a facebook if you are interested : https://www.facebook.com/brad.broeker1?fref=ts. Also have pics of the Harley and the game shrine : http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/DWcollector/library/My%20baby?sort=3&page=1 / http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/DWcollector/library/The%20game%20cave?sort=3&page=1 (I need to take updated pics of the game shrine). Here is a pic of me and my family (Ive lost about 25 lbs since then and shaved the face) : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=193237767502950&set=t.100003508197280&type=3&theater

Here are more recent pics of yours truly.

December 16th:

WP_20151216_010.jpgWP_20151216_095.jpg

January 1st:

WP_20160101_004.jpg

March 12th:

WP_20160312_003.jpg

March 22nd (yesterday):

WP_20160322_006.jpg

Which hairstyle do you prefer? :)

I'm gonna go with March 12th. 

• Upvote 2

I'm gonna go with March 12th. 

I'm going to second this.

• Upvote 1

So, somewhat wild, slightly short hair. I dig that.

And now, which face style? :D :D :D