Sign in to follow this  
DJ BlackJack

Just curious...........what do yall look like?

On a side note: I normally don't like to share this sort of thing with random people, but I feel like I can trust you guys here on the Den.

10665760_716234171746338_898059928170356

OH GODDESS WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!

• Upvote 1

On a side note: I normally don't like to share this sort of thing with random people, but I feel like I can trust you guys here on the Den.

10665760_716234171746338_898059928170356

OH GODDESS WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!

You just made my day. I'm still laughing at this.

• Upvote 1

Me (July 26, 2014)

Keep clicking

One more. I promise

I lied. Teehee

"Ta-da"-Loki

10610481_10201360531334859_1457060468188

Uh, would never have imagined that. And you're single? Like, half the girls I went to high school with would have dated you.

...I'm a red-head. That's all I'm comfortable sharing. If you guys have seen my DQX PC Beta character, I look -kinda sorta- like him.

Demo, the secret is to not smile as if it is for a photograph. Or to pose for a photo. I am booooored of people taking photos where they all look the same (like a "photo").

One good photo (for me and my style) is Yangus's. It is fun, and it brings out his best qualities.

By the way, good looks, man. You could cosplay as Yangus easily. You would have to be willing to let your hair go, though. Or pretend he let it grow, as yours looks reddish enough.

Demo, the secret is to not smile as if it is for a photograph. Or to pose for a photo. I am booooored of people taking photos where they all look the same (like a "photo").

Who smiles in a photograph? That's preposterous!

One good photo (for me and my style) is Yangus's. It is fun, and it brings out his best qualities.

By the way, good looks, man. You could cosplay as Yangus easily. You would have to be willing to let your hair go, though. Or pretend he let it grow, as yours looks reddish enough.

Haha, thanks Cesar.  I always go for a smile or do something kind of goofy when I take a picture.  Usually I go for a photo bomb or two whenever I have a family get together.  My usual pose is a double thumbs up with that big wide grin you see in the picture.

I've actually thought about doing a Yangus cosplay, both because he's one of my favorite characters and because I think I could pull it off as I'm built a bit like him.  The problem would be finding just the right clothing for the costume and a way to make his accessories (hat, belt buckle, etc.).  It's a challenge I'd love to tackle at some point though.

I said not to smile a "photo smile". But an "attitude" smile, or a smirk, or do something intense with the eyes.

My parents are the kind who seem copy/pasted in every photo when go on a tour. They always look with the same face, on the same angle. I am more for ANY kind of pose but that, be it a "special" smile, looking at some other point away from the camera, or doing something crazy. :D

I said not to smile a "photo smile". But an "attitude" smile, or a smirk, or do something intense with the eyes.

My parents are the kind who seem copy/pasted in every photo when go on a tour. They always look with the same face, on the same angle. I am more for ANY kind of pose but that, be it a "special" smile, looking at some other point away from the camera, or doing something crazy. :D

I was referencing the movie, "A Million Ways To Die In The West", in which there is a running gag about people not smiling in photographs.

Me (July 26, 2014)

Keep clicking

One more. I promise

I lied. Teehee

"Ta-da"-Loki

10610481_10201360531334859_1457060468188

Uh, would never have imagined that. And you're single? Like, half the girls I went to high school with would have dated you.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Trust me, those looks on me have had people compare me to The Joker and Adolf Hitler. On the odd occasion even a pedophile.

When you're in high school, everyone compares everyone to a pedophile.

Really? Must be something new... Or something local, perhaps.

I was serious, Demo! Of course, I was lucky enough to go to a school where cliques weren't really a problem. I mean, they were definitely there, but there wasn't really any discrimination between them, and there was a lot of "mingling" between cliques.

I unfortunately cannot bring myself to be anything but polite, and I don't really know how to talk to girls because I always feel like I'm crossing the line. Internally, I am afraid of infatuation and lust.

I was serious, Demo! Of course, I was lucky enough to go to a school where cliques weren't really a problem. I mean, they were definitely there, but there wasn't really any discrimination between them, and there was a lot of "mingling" between cliques.

I unfortunately cannot bring myself to be anything but polite, and I don't really know how to talk to girls because I always feel like I'm crossing the line. Internally, I am afraid of infatuation and lust.

Man, you sound a lot like me. Freakishly so. As for cliques in my school, you can certainly tell them apart. I happen to be in a small group of outcasts made up of pretty much every other clique. We have everything from geniuses to gamers to thespians to Democrobots.

Really? Must be something new... Or something local, perhaps.

It could be because I'm such a strange person. One of my friends has even given me a theme song. Look up "It's Raping Time".

Man, you sound a lot like me. Freakishly so. As for cliques in my school, you can certainly tell them apart. I happen to be in a small group of outcasts made up of pretty much every other clique. We have everything from geniuses to gamers to thespians to Democrobots.

There's more than one of you? What madness is this?!

This may come as a surprise to you guys....but I don't look like a fat, cockney bandit. It's shocking, I know, but we just have to face the reality together folks.

Anyway, here's what yours truly looks like. This was taken when I went to the Iowa State Fair back in August.

Is that Dwaine next to you?
  • Upvote 1

This may come as a surprise to you guys....but I don't look like a fat, cockney bandit. It's shocking, I know, but we just have to face the reality together folks.

Anyway, here's what yours truly looks like. This was taken when I went to the Iowa State Fair back in August.

Is that Dwaine next to you?

laughter.gif

Oh Platty, you so funny.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

There's more than one of you? What madness is this?!

Why do you think I sound so freakishly like him?

Hairy face and butts:

http://bit.ly/1qUvMwQ

Normal mug:

https://twitter.com/LiamKersting

Hairy face and butts:

http://bit.ly/1qUvMwQ

Normal mug:

https://twitter.com/LiamKersting

OMG...look not or though shalt surely perish.  The sheer amount of guile in that smile says only one thing!  EVIL!

LOL, just messin' with you man.  I've seen yer ugly mug before, though actually I do have to admit you are a pretty good looking guy.  Keep the beard.  You've got a slight Chuck Norris thing going with that level of growth and redness.  The beard is the power Liam!  The beard...is...the...power!  (jealous am I, because I cannot grow such a majestic piece of facial art.  My follicles are spread wide and there are giant gaps!  Gaps!  How can a man grow a proper beard that way?  He can't, and damn my damnable fate to remain beardless or grow a freakish tangle of protein strands capable of frightening off even the hardiest of monstrosities!  What evil hath befallen me?  What horrible deed had I done in a previous life?!?!).  So keep thy beard, for in it layeth the majesty of a thousand kings.

Err, thanks for sharing.

Edited by ignasia7

Full disclosure: most of the beard is just nose-hair comb-over.

• Upvote 1

And he is determined to demote himself from cute/hot to disgusting. :(

See guys, this is what I mean. He looks very different in the hairy and normal versions. I am inclined to believe the smiling normal version is his natural state and the hairy menacing one is the pose. But check the attitude in that one. It gives him many points because he looks confident, and is having fun (if you realize he is posing, otherwise, you may think he is scary, hahaha). Just do something with the eyes, close one more than the other, like a "detective thinking" pose.

And see his regular self. His smile looks natural, so I would guess he has no problems with it. But that does not mean WE cannot get some degree of this good looking smile ourselves. Do train in front of a mirror to see what looks/feels good. Try to make your muscles remember how to achieve that without standing in front of a mirror. Try some "mild" smile, to be less imposing, and try some "laughter" style, as well.

This is not something to be ashamed of. Lots of people should actually try it. In theater you get soe good actors who may sometimes have no idea what their face looks like. They think they are making a "polite" face, when they look like psycho assassins. Doing this training lets them know exactly what face is needed for each scene.

Of course, acting the whole day would be bad and exhausting. So that is not what we should do. But getting to know how to look a certain way, and try to incorporate some of that into our natural state *gradually* may give some good results. Like someone who us hunched all the time; walking straight may be a chore, but there are benefits to making an effort and doing it. Social and health benefits, at that.

One should not change what one is for others, that is what I think. But one should definitely change for oneself. And if that self wishes others could see them differently, or to have more confidence, well, there are little and big things that can be done. They would still be themselves, but with some improvements chosen by themselves, without pressure from others.

As others said, Demo, you have a good prime material. It should not be hard to mold them into someone more attractive and confident and who feels better about himself.

me.jpg

How's that for a whimsical...wtf are you shooting that picture...damn it's cold out here, but I'm still studly, smile?

BTW, that was back in 2007, and I'm standing on a foot of packed snow...that's about 3+ ft there!  I had to shovel all of it.   Fun times.

Edited by ignasia7

me_zps4ebb1755.png

So yeah that's me. I'm the pasty one on the right. That was 2 years ago at my friend's wedding. I was 25, ah to be young again.

Edited by jamiras843

That's funny. The fellow on the left looks like a younger version of my dad's closest friend. The guy in the middle looks like one of my former high school teachers, and you yourself look a hell of a lot like a friend of mine.