Sign in to follow this  
JessicaAlbert13

Young Yangus

Yeah, let's not get angry on the web. Lotsa chances to do that outside the web.

I have played Yangus, and I can say it is a cool game. I do not have time to play at home, though, and all my PS2 games are abandoned because of that.

I can tell you some of the bosses could be hard if your monster companions were not good enough. Since Yangus's level always goes back to 1, a lot of the responsibility fall into the monsters. Also, storing/ buying good weapons helps when starting a difficult dungeon.

Young Yangus was featured in Itadaki Street DS. He was not a very bright player, being a rank D (or was it C?) in that game (he was the same or almost the same rank as slime and momonja).

Would it be crazy to want to use a Jailcat/Candycat/etc the whole game? Haha!

Ok, I have the ISO now and I fired it up in PCSX2. Works beautifully so far. I ripped the opening sequence video just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bFzqTxpEBk

I may rip some frames from that video later because... well... it's awesome!

Oh my god, thank you! I found the opening on youtube and it wasn't half as nice of quality. Totally downloaded and am going to make gifs of the jailcats. <3

"I don't get angry. I get even." - Andriod 17

"I-don't-get-angry-I-get-even-SHUT THE HELL UP!" - Piccolo

Yeah, I don't get angry, people. I just write in all caps cuz IT'S FUN! Here I'll use one of those... thingys.... :overjoyed2:

It's a freaking forum. People can post whatev they want (within legal limits, I think). But when someone sounds a little moody, ev'rybody gotta start freaking out and gaining up on the person. Really, you Dragon's Den peeps, REALLY don't like me.

You did get angry, or at least it sounded like it, and that's enough to upset someone. There are etiquette rules on any forum, and this one is no exception. http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules It pretty much says it right here. You shouldn't treat people like that--we're here to talk about Dragon Quest and enjoy ourselves. I would cut it with the attitude.

Geez, rules, rules, rules, not like I called anyone names or degraded anyone. All I did was type. Not like it was my intent to make you all sob and cry and upset yourselves. I wrote "hammer slime time" cuz I remembered the song, not like I mean to be a boss troll.

If you dun't like my posts, YOU are NOT REQUIRED to READ IT. And I USE ALL CAPS since I'M USE TO HAVING TO DO IT to get MY POINT ACROSS. It's a habit o' mine and habits are hard to BREAK. You guys quote, well I use CAPS. Dun't see a law that requires me to quote every single time I make a post! It's the freaking net, you can kick me off or bully me, but you know slugs always slime their way back again. Acting like it's some great sacred creature doesn't make it so. They're always gonna be people who respect the rules and people who bend them. Not everything's a lovely life.

Siiiiiiiigh, I really need to stop making so many posts and just go back to the game or back to work.

I finally think I broke the code on Red's Japanese name. It's Gerda not Geruda. I don't know why but on some English stuff people call her Geruda. I was deciphering some of her Japanese text....

And Gerda has QUITE A MOUTH compared to our Red. Or, I mean, she makes OUR Red seem like a nun.

Geez, rules, rules, rules, not like I called anyone names or degraded anyone. All I did was type. Not like it was my intent to make you all sob and cry and upset yourselves. I wrote "hammer slime time" cuz I remembered the song, not like I mean to be a boss troll.

If you dun't like my posts, YOU are NOT REQUIRED to READ IT. And I USE ALL CAPS since I'M USE TO HAVING TO DO IT to get MY POINT ACROSS. It's a habit o' mine and habits are hard to BREAK. You guys quote, well I use CAPS. Dun't see a law that requires me to quote every single time I make a post! It's the freaking net, you can kick me off or bully me, but you know slugs always slime their way back again. Acting like it's some great sacred creature doesn't make it so. They're always gonna be people who respect the rules and people who bend them. Not everything's a lovely life.

You're not breaking or bending any rules. I was just pointing out that you're not necessarily disliked, however your whining about people quoting you is absurd, your reprimanding other people for talking about someone else besides Young Yangus in this topic and then doing it yourself is hypocritical, and your getting offended when people ask why you're yelling when you type in caps is also silly. Numerous members here have stated that it seems like you're yelling when you do it - and it does, really!

I finally think I broke the code on Red's Japanese name. It's Gerda not Geruda. I don't know why but on some English stuff people call her Geruda. I was deciphering some of her Japanese text....

And Gerda has QUITE A MOUTH compared to our Red. Or, I mean, she makes OUR Red seem like a nun.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Yangus's speech was also cleaned up a little for the NA release. They don't talk quite dirty enough for bandits.

I'm not a big fan of Kenshin (because I suck at it). It's kind of neat because its like a remake of DQ1, but the sword motions are REALLY off

Really? At least when I first started playing Kenshin I found the controls pretty accuracte. Better than Swords at least. Since it works by reflection try playing in a dark room at night. After recalibraiting, I think you will find it to work better.

I like being SILLY! :tounge: Laughter is better for ya than crying all the time. And yelling is an accepted form of communication from where I'm from! I was just tellin' ya guys to stop being so stiff-stiff in me own way. And you guys talk about me behind me back? I feel so honoured! And I wuv you guys! That's why I treat ya the same as I treat my family! Or what's now left of my family at least!

Speaking of silly, I noticed that in the Kenshin game's cutscenes, that everything kinda looks.... like a really weird-funny slide-show. Like I watched the end of the game via youtube, and Lady Lora (or Laura in that version, I believe) just sorta... SLIDES into the picture. Like literally, she doesn't walk she just SLIDES.

It'd be nice to see that game with better graphics. In Young Yangus the graphics are brreeeath-taking.

I'm not a big fan of Kenshin (because I suck at it). It's kind of neat because its like a remake of DQ1, but the sword motions are REALLY off

Really? At least when I first started playing Kenshin I found the controls pretty accuracte. Better than Swords at least. Since it works by reflection try playing in a dark room at night. After recalibraiting, I think you will find it to work better.

Yeah, I find that Swords is a little off, but I prefer classic gaming to DS stylus/motion control anyhoo. It's still lots of fun! They should remake that game for the Wii too :D

I like being SILLY! :tounge: Laughter is better for ya than crying all the time. And yelling is an accepted form of communication from where I'm from! I was just tellin' ya guys to stop being so stiff-stiff in me own way. And you guys talk about me behind me back? I feel so honoured! And I wuv you guys! That's why I treat ya the same as I treat my family! Or what's now left of my family at least!

There's a difference between being silly and being offensive. It's okay to joke around, but demanding people not talk about anything but what you want them to talk about isn't very nice. We're not being stiff, just trying to let you know that you're being a bit annoying.

And you're getting annoying cuz you won't stop quoting me. I'll be the mature one here, Mr. Jean, and stop the posting for the rest of my life. Thou hast defeated my posts. Or I'll just stop READING your posts! That's easier to do. :overjoyed2:

A-hem, now enough of my ranting, I shall say some in-game info on Swords then Yangus:

In Kenshin Swords the hero can cast magic spells. All the magic the hero knows in the first game actually. In Swords: The Masked Queen and The Tower of Mirrors, the hero had buddies that cast magic for him. But Prince Anlace obviously has a sword, but you never really see him use it in battle (there are cutscenes and if you visit him in Dao's place before the Walk you do see him use it in training). Claymore I can understand cuz he's injured with the fake arm, and Fleurette is the healer type and does classify herself as a nun, in the end at least (really, she only learns one attack spell, minus her ability with the hero, and it's similar to one of Jessica's sex appeal abilities - wait, didn't I just say she's a nun?). The hero seems to have to do all the hard work in Swords for the Wii, and Anlace becomes nearly useless once Claymore and Fleurette are available. Anlace is just so cute though.

Also note for those who don't know; I remember reading off the Dragon Quest wiki that there was only ONE ending. Non, there are three, one for each of the hero's party. If you take Claymore with you to the final battle, there will be a short scene with him and his son. Claymore will actually mention the hero's mum, who does keep getting mentioned in the game but you never see her (or do you, ooooh.) With Anlace, him and the hero as buddy-buddies (Anlace is sorta clingy, throughout the entire game). And with Fleurette... well, it is actually quite romantic. She sorta screams "I'll never let you go, Blade!" Really, I wish there was a sequel to that game just so I can see what happens to her and the hero (*mumbles* or I'll have to buckle down and write a fanfic or maybe another game will reference the two)

Really, the hero from Swords does have a very great design. I love his green eyes....

Oh, yeah, Yangus.

I was studying some vids. The game looks better with the more vids I see. The monsters you collect can be 'bred' like in the Monsters games. The monsters are also used sorta in the field (or dungeons, but the game does include some field-dungeons). A chimera can fly Yangus over holes and such and golems can break stuff. The game even includes the tension system from VIII (which I'm guess will be throughout the rest of the DQ games as IX you can learn it and there are even other tension-building techniques). Red even joins in battle...

And seeing Red in battle IMMEDIATELY makes me want the game more. I relate so well to her. Story-wise, I don't know WHY she's in the same world as Yangus. Yangus fell into that world while poking around with some pot his father, Yampa, brought home. I believe, and this is guess, that she is looking for something and entered via some other way or was perhaps sucked in. Medicine pops up in some dialogue but I don't know if it's for her or someone else. She actually seems OLDER than Yangus when they stand side-by-side, guess she's just more mature in mind and body. Translating her stuff is weird as I get fan-stuff and the real-stuff confused. Fans make her cuss like crazy!!!! Course, Japanese swearing is more accepted than English swears, or at least, they're more accepted in media while in America people will cry if they hear a word they don't like on Southpark.

And seeing Red in battle IMMEDIATELY makes me want the game more...

She actually seems OLDER than Yangus when they stand side-by-side, guess she's just more mature in mind and body.

IIRC, they are both 12.

And seeing Red in battle IMMEDIATELY makes me want the game more...

She actually seems OLDER than Yangus when they stand side-by-side, guess she's just more mature in mind and body.

IIRC, they are both 12.

REALLY? I pegged Red for at least a year or two older. In VIII, the only ages you really get set-in-stone are Medea and the hero's, so the rest you gotta find via dialogue or just estimating.

I did read somewhere that Yangus was 12 in the dungeon game. Since his dad appears in the game, but in VIII you never see him, I figure Yampa must've died or pulled a disappearing act like Claymore's wife from Swords. They must've made the game after seeing how successful and popular Yangus's character was, and just built on Yangus's unknown background. I do remember in some of his party talk him talking about his mother, but in the Dungeon game it just seems to be Yampa and his gang with no motherly Yangus.

That brings up a good point... what is with disappearing mothers? In V, the hero's mother THEN mother of his children. And in all of the games COMBINED it seems that Queens of countries are always dying! It's always just a King and his son or daughter. And if not just a single King then it's just one Queen and a Queendom, or her son as King with Kingdoms. In Dragon Quest VIII, there's NO QUEEN ANYWHERE. King Trode's wife is dead, King Clavius's wife is dead, King Pavan's wife is dead. At least with Pavan you do get to see what Queen Sasha looked like. I don't have any evidence to it, but in Argonia Castle if you go to King Clavius's room and look at the chest of drawers, you will find a pic of what looks like a woman in a gown sitting there. I always just pegged the woman in the pic as the queen as all you can really make out is blonde-ish hair. Trode does say his wife looked exactly like Medea.

Yangus's mother must have had red hair, as Yampa has black hair.

And Jessica's father is gone, too, if my memory serves me well.

Princess Medal only has her father (who is sick and may die, too).

Mireille and Terry from VI. Now, I think they still have both their parents. Not that it helps, anyway.

But Hassan and the hero do (the latter is notable because it breaks the pattern of many Dragon Quest games).

Mireille and Terry from VI. Now, I think they still have both their parents. Not that it helps, anyway.

Weren't these two actually adopted? I don't know, somewhere i read that they were actually adopted, and their adoptive parents sold them to the Gindoro :)

NO... MUST...RESIST... SPOILER......

You already spoiled the game once for me, ACLAN! Don't do it again!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Yes, Jessica's father died very young. Which is why Alistair took on the role of head of the Albert family (a nun explains this in Alexandria).

Wait, sorry, but who is Princess Medal? OH, MINNIE! Princess Minnie Medal, sorry, I call her Minnie. Yeah, her father doesn't mention her mother actually... does anyone in the castle mention Minnie's mom? I remember NPCs outside the castle, like an old woman in Port Prospect saying how she use to have "an old flame" who lived on an island and collected weird medals........ ill-e-git-i-mate? Ooooh, scan-dal!

It seems to be a theme in DQ and even old legends to leave the hero's and character's 'true origins' a mystery. One side will be explained, like the father's, but the mother will just get mentioned. Really, it remains a mystery is she's still alive or if the husband/kids just like to believe she is. In Swords, not even the hero's mother's NAME is said (I was expecting some old reference like "Laura" or "Gwendolyn" but I guess that wouldn't fit in with the sword names). Actually, anyone beat the second set of mirror monsters in Swords yet, they appear after you kill the three-headed dragon? I'm STILL working on it. My hand hurts from all that fast sword-action! And that invisible griffin is TERRIBLE!

With Yangus the game only mentions how he wishes to be as great as his dad in the commercials and ads.

With Yangus the game only mentions how he wishes to be as great as his dad in the commercials and ads.

Or as great as the Thief of Legend Kandata (AKA Kandar).

Or as great as the Thief of Legend Kandata (AKA Kandar).

Oh yes, since Kandar's pic hangs in Yangus's house, are they related? They do kinda look alike. Really Kadlar seems to try to sneak his way into every game! Either as a monster or NPC. He's so adorable!

Edited by JessicaAlbert13

Hrmm... Well, I can't work on a script. But I can take a looksee when I import it and see if I can figure out where the text is stored. (I've played the game before -it's a ton of fun- I once had downloaded an ISO, but I've since changed my ways and deleted the illegitimately obtained copy of the game.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I'm aging like a grandpa slime...

I would like to play an English translation of this before I die, but thank seems very unlikely.