Esturkdq4's Tournament #32:The Ultimate Dragon Quest

Esturkdq4

Alright, the next tournament will be one that will comprise of every Dragon Quest Game ever made. How I go about it I don't know in terms of what games make it in, how to determine matchups(possible just using random.org for that).

I have 2 choices, either include every Dragon Quest game with every version released(DQVIDS would probably be excluded in that case), or for games that have multiple versions just have it once.

actually, Im for the first one. cause I bet DW1 GBC might possibly beat out a few more games than DW1 NES. or DQ4 DS would beat more than DW4 NES. you get my drift

actually, Im for the first one. cause I bet DW1 GBC might possibly beat out a few more games than DW1 NES. or DQ4 DS would beat more than DW4 NES. you get my drift

Having Dragon Quest 1 in the contest in 7 slots seems a little silly.

another question to pose, should I split the bracket between Main Series and Spin-Offs, or throw them all together?

i think this would b soooo cool dq1-3 would get more chances to win then the other games! :overjoyed2:

Throw them all together. Maybe you should use seeding to do the pairings.

How do you think I should go about Seeding them, like I did with the DD Most Wanted Tournament?

How do you think I should go about Seeding them, like I did with the DD Most Wanted Tournament?

I prefer standard seeding procedure, but whatever works for you is good.

i think this would b soooo cool dq1-3 would get more chances to win then the other games! :overjoyed2:

And that's exactly why it's a bad idea. On top of that, seeing the same game over and over in different matches would be annoying. I mean, I know that different versions of a game aren't exactly the same, but they're close enough that they should count as one entry. The only deviation to this idea that I can think of is Dragon Quest 1 vs Dragon Quest Kenshin. While it's a similar story (and was eventually retconned to be the same story) the gameplay is vastly different.

If you like the GBC version better, than vote for DW1 as if it is the better version

second option sounds more reasonable

I prefer standard seeding procedure, but whatever works for you is good.

And that's exactly why it's a bad idea. On top of that, seeing the same game over and over in different matches would be annoying. I mean, I know that different versions of a game aren't exactly the same, but they're close enough that they should count as one entry. The only deviation to this idea that I can think of is Dragon Quest 1 vs Dragon Quest Kenshin. While it's a similar story (and was eventually retconned to be the same story) the gameplay is vastly different.

To GrandAlchemist:I was more refering to the way of determining the seeding, not the seeding itself.

Still deciding on how I'm going to do the matchups, leaning towards using a similar seeding procedure to what I did for the DD Most Wanted.

I have decided to just do one spot for games with multiple versions, and here's the list of games that will be in the tournament:

Dragon Quest I(NES/SNES/GBC)

Dragon Quest II(NES/SNES/GBC)

Dragon Quest III(NES/SNES/GBC)

Dragon Quest IV:Chapters of the Chosen(NES/PSX/DS)

Dragon Quest V:Hand of the Heavenly Bride(SNES/PS2/DS)

Dragon Quest VI:Realms of Revelation(SNES/DS)

Dragon Quest VII(PSX)

Dragon Quest VIII:Journey of the Cursed King(PS2)

Dragon Quest IX:Sentinels of the Starry Skies(DS)

Dragon Quest Swordmaster(Standalone)

Dragon Quest Swords:The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors(Wii)

Slime Morimori(GBA)

Dragon Quest Heroes:Rocket Slime(DS)

Taloon's Great Adventure(SNES)

Torneko:The Last Hope(PSX)

Torneko's Adventures 3: Mysterious Dungeon(PS2)

Dragon Quest Yangus(PS2)

Dragon Quest Monsters(GBC)

Dragon Quest Monsters 2:Cobi's Journey & Tara's Adventure(GBC)

Dragon Quest Monsters III:Caravan Heart(GBA)

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker(DS)

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2(DS)

Dragon Quest Wars(DSiware)

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road(ARC)

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road 2(ARC)

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory(Wii)

cant wait!!!!!

Archived