Sign in to follow this  
PlayableMoogle

Mysterious and Awesome Dragon Quest V Plushes From 1992

Folks,

My favorite game in the series is Dragon Quest V. For Christmas, my awesome wife found a Bianca plush on eBay. Not long ago, I noticed a guide on eBay that had not only Bianca on the cover, but also a hero (as a boy) and saber (as a cub)! Needless to say, I'd love to have the trio. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them? What's more, I'm wondering if anyone has these, and/or would be willing to sell them? I'd gladly pay very good money for them. All I know is that they're from 1992, around when the game originally released, and I can't find them on eBay or by googling:

5374279806_de5d6b05e4.jpg

Well, that's about it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ME WANT!

ME WANT!

Amen!

woooooooooow!!!!!

The fact that others find these so appealing tells me this is a good forum for me to have joined. :D

is there a finders fee for giving u a link to purchase the above item? :P

Sure! How about $20 for each of Saber and the Hero if it leads to the successful purchase of said plush? Paid via PayPal, or money order if the user doesn't have a PayPal account. :)

Sure! How about $20 for each of Saber and the Hero if it leads to the successful purchase of said plush? Paid via PayPal, or money order if the user doesn't have a PayPal account. :)

O_o.

/gets to work right away

:P

O_o.

/gets to work right away

:P

Hooray! Well, in case you're able to pull it off, I promise I'm good for it!

Dustin gave me one of those back in 05. It's pretty neat. Tons of things you've never seen before. Aside from that, I've never, ever seen them in all my years. It seems they were only out for the duration of DQ V and haven't been in production since. Seems they've only done the monsters, and these days they mostly stick to the slimes.

Dustin gave me one of those back in 05. It's pretty neat. Tons of things you've never seen before. Aside from that, I've never, ever seen them in all my years. It seems they were only out for the duration of DQ V and haven't been in production since. Seems they've only done the monsters, and these days they mostly stick to the slimes.

That's pretty crazy. I guess I'm really going to have to hunt. I feel pretty fortunate to have the Bianca! :)

I've been checking Yahoo Japan lately, if I see them I'll let you know. I.... want them too, though. Man! I didn't know about these...

still searchin.............

O_o

Thank you both for looking. My offer still stands to anyone who finds one or both!

Well, there haven't been any on Yahoo Japan, I've been checking. I did, however, find this...

ksks_panti-img450x600-12919516672lcmct81605.jpg

Starting at a whopping 59,800 yen. That is about $716. XD There's no information on how big it is in the auction, but my guess is that it is a large prize plush. The large Pokemon Center plush that are older go for similar (or higher) prices, so I'm just guessing, haha.

Well, there haven't been any on Yahoo Japan, I've been checking. I did, however, find this...

Starting at a whopping 59,800 yen. That is about $716. XD There's no information on how big it is in the auction, but my guess is that it is a large prize plush. The large Pokemon Center plush that are older go for similar (or higher) prices, so I'm just guessing, haha.

Who would honestly pay for something so expensive?

Worth it just for the expression!

Lots of people. Collectors are passionate! I'm one myself. I paid $220 for a small 6-inch Pop'n Music plush, which is probably the guiltiest purchase I've ever made. But it's so worht it and the little guy makes me so happy. And, like I said... there are giant Pokemon Center plushes that are out of print that go for a pretty penny, often up to $1500-2000. Demand is demand..... if someone's going to pay, they'll pay.

Worth it just for the expression!

Haha, he is quite derpy. It looks like quite an old plush by the looks of it, so maybe that contributes to it's rarity/demand as well.

Lots of people. Collectors are passionate! I'm one myself. I paid $220 for a small 6-inch Pop'n Music plush, which is probably the guiltiest purchase I've ever made. But it's so worht it and the little guy makes me so happy. And, like I said... there are giant Pokemon Center plushes that are out of print that go for a pretty penny, often up to $1500-2000. Demand is demand..... if someone's going to pay, they'll pay.

I remember seeing those Pokemon Center plushes way back when. They were around $150-200 originally. Whoever bought them then must have made a pretty penny.

I remember seeing those Pokemon Center plushes way back when. They were around $150-200 originally. Whoever bought them then must have made a pretty penny.

Yeppp. I just bought the life-size Zuruggu and Emonga, which were $175 and $120 new respectively. A friend of mine just paid $1,800 for the giant Pokecen Lugia x___x

I'm sure some people don't make much off of it, since some of THEM probably bought it from someone for a high price too. But yeah, lucky to those who bought it for cheaper!

Yeah, it depends on the person. I've paid a lot for different moogles, and I'd pay pretty ridiculously for these guys right now.

Makes me happy that with nearly 60 slime plushies in my collection, the most I've paid for any of them was, I believe, $60 (for the large size Metal King Slime I have). Most expensive behind that was about $45 for the regular large King Slime.

Makes me happy that with nearly 60 slime plushies in my collection, the most I've paid for any of them was, I believe, $60 (for the large size Metal King Slime I have). Most expensive behind that was about $45 for the regular large King Slime.

So. Awesome.

Going forward, I'll try to match you. :D

... as for those oldies, I'm just going to have to luck out. :D

lol that dragonlord plush is awesome. i think if i had the money id get it lol.

Just bumping this. I don't want it to go away.