Quest #67 - Promote Dragon Quest on the Web!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The top three are Twitter taunts at SquareEnix, playful reminders that the fans are hungry for more DQ in the West. https://twitter.com/LiamKersting/status/539560541153673216 https://twitter.com/Lia

Added awards to both of you, thanks for all the support

Flute hasn't been online since last September, I think @King Zenith has been around a bit more, and maybe we sub in @Plattym3 for Flute at this time.  I have seen your posts and review and I am good w

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

dragon quest on the web????? awesome!!

• 1 month later...

Alright I was looking for this lmao.

http://www.youtube.c...to?feature=mhee

Thats my YouTube page. What started as one silly video of me and my friend owning baramos quickly into the lifespan of the game DQIX quickly blew up as other members gave me requests on what I should show. The Fact that I used 1 to 2 party members where as most everybody else who watched used a party of 4 helped give me a boost I think.

Now I have all sorts of people who have copied my style of videos, but so far nobody hasa surpassed the original. I'm an avid fan of dragon quest and beyond my request videos, I started a lets play of DQ VI that got swamped over do to life and it's complications. I also post a video series called Roto Speaks where I talk about news concerning my videos, Dragon Quest news in general, and show off my DQ goodies I win from bids and purchase online.

Thats it :o As I've said in my newest speaks video. If I can help even a few people pick up another game in the series, or gain interest in it. My job has been fullfilled! Sorry if I had some errors lol

Edit: Also as if I didn't show off my love for the series enough already. I did do the wierd dance on a street near my house ._.

Edited by LordRoto
  • Upvote 1

Aha ha ha! That's awesome. That video is exactly the kind of thing we were hoping to see in the Superfan contest for the "Public Display of DQ Affection" category.

Oh man, my co-workers now think I am crazy but I couldn't stop the laughter...

Ok... calm down King Zenith...

*phew* Ok, I'm back. We will discuss the merits of your youtube channel and let you know what we decide.

In any case, thanks for sharing that video. That made my week.

Alright I was looking for this lmao.

http://www.youtube.c...to?feature=mhee

Thats my YouTube page. What started as one silly video of me and my friend owning baramos quickly into the lifespan of the game DQIX quickly blew up as other members gave me requests on what I should show. The Fact that I used 1 to 2 party members where as most everybody else who watched used a party of 4 helped give me a boost I think.

Now I have all sorts of people who have copied my style of videos, but so far nobody hasa surpassed the original. I'm an avid fan of dragon quest and beyond my request videos, I started a lets play of DQ VI that got swamped over do to life and it's complications. I also post a video series called Roto Speaks where I talk about news concerning my videos, Dragon Quest news in general, and show off my DQ goodies I win from bids and purchase online.

Thats it :o As I've said in my newest speaks video. If I can help even a few people pick up another game in the series, or gain interest in it. My job has been fullfilled! Sorry if I had some errors lol

Edit: Also as if I didn't show off my love for the series enough already. I did do the wierd dance on a street near my house ._.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz-LMB4Yfsk

I can say I fell off my chair rofling.

That video is exactly the kind of thing we were hoping to see in the Superfan contest for the "Public Display of DQ Affection" category.

Is that an actual contest? If so I'd enter when I can make a video.

I'm not scared to yell out "Dragon Quest!!!" in my school. I already go around school with my friends shouting curses at people, might as well get a badge for doing what I love.

Yup, that was great. I agree with the others, badge awarded :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I posted a thread about Dragonquest Monsters in the Dragonquest subreddit:

FSn3t.png

I also submitted a thread linking to Woodus in the subreddit for Rpg_gamers:

t8phV.jpg

^ I know it's bad quality, but well all I have is my phone, and I think I was the first person or one of the first to upload that fight way back when it came out. I also uploaded a couple of other videos. I'd upload more DQM videos on joker 2, but they're with the same phone quality :S

I posted a thread about Dragonquest Monsters in the Dragonquest subreddit:

I also submitted a thread linking to Woodus in the subreddit for Rpg_gamers:

Hey Knitewulf, the judges have conferred and the consensus is that it would be a little difficult to find those topics unless you were already searching for something about Dragon Quest. It doesn't really give insight on what Dragon Quest is, besides the linking to the Den. It would be good if it was something more frequent or permanant.

Its a good start though, and every bit of DQ promotion is appreciated, but we feel its not enough to warrant a badge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0XUMIf2sM

^ I know it's bad quality, but well all I have is my phone, and I think I was the first person or one of the first to upload that fight way back when it came out. I also uploaded a couple of other videos. I'd upload more DQM videos on joker 2, but they're with the same phone quality :S

We'll discuss this one and get back to you on it. Thanks!

Hey, this is a good start, but we decided that it will take more than just a few videos for this badge. Perhaps a full-blown channel with regular videos, features or promo material would be good? Anyway, keep it up and let us know if this turns into something more regular and substantial.

Thanks!

king zenith i just want to know if you liked my youtubevids. :) thx!

They were pretty good, but if I may make some suggestions for improvement:

1) Audio is nice

2) The camera was a bit shaky. You might be able to prop it up on something next time to reduce the wobble factor

3) I didn't really know what the purpose of each was. It might be nice to have some audio commentary describing what it is we are looking at and why.

It's a good start. Keep at it, and please let me know if you make more.

Hey, this is a good start, but we decided that it will take more than just a few videos for this badge. Perhaps a full-blown channel with regular videos, features or promo material would be good? Anyway, keep it up and let us know if this turns into something more regular and substantial.

Thanks!

I was thinking of uploading several videos of DQJOKER 2 and Fortune Street, but having a bad method of uploading videos(phone), kind of cuts out the idea ok well...scratch that. I just uploaded some recently, though since I can only upload the other "future" videos I was planning (super scout, mega scout, ultra scout, rookie, etc. until school starts again next year, I won't be able to upload for a while). Not sure if that would count to earn the badge in the first place anyways since that's all I'd upload. If I get in a tournament here I'd also probably upload those matches as well, if they're really good/entertaining/close and not total wipe outs :slimeking:

Edited by Algrado
  • 3 weeks later...