Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Hope they have a more engaging story this time. Can't say I didn't love the game though.

Hope they have a more engaging story this time. Can't say I didn't love the game though.

I liked the story in Morrowind more than Oblivion, but I liked the battle system of Oblivion more. It was more action oriented where Morrowind was more traditional D&D roll the dice kind of deal. I especially liked how bows worked so i hope they improve upon that. The only thing I'm worried about is if my computer will be able to handle the game.

I preferred pretty much everything in Morrowind over Oblivion aside from the graphics and combat. I have my doubts that this game will retrogress and mesh into something better... but I can hope.

I preferred pretty much everything in Morrowind over Oblivion aside from the graphics and combat. I have my doubts that this game will retrogress and mesh into something better... but I can hope.

I just hope they don't scale everything to your character's level. That was probably the worst change made in Oblivion because you never got the sense of getting strong. Some will argue that it makes the game challenging through out, but that's what the difficulty setting is for. Just because I have a level 12 character doesn't mean that wolves magically disappear from the world and minotaurs are nowhere to be seen. I guess they wanted to prevent players from running into a place not knowing the dangers and end up getting mauled by enemies far stronger than they are. In my opinion that makes the game more interesting. Especially if there is loot at the end of the cave inhabited by monsters far stronger than you are. Makes you want to think about being stealthy rather that just running in and hacking away at everything in sight.

At least on the PC version there's mods like OOO to remove the level scaling crap.

Level scaling didn't really bother me. Although it was weird being attacked by gangs of thieves using massively expensive equipment.

I'd like to see more physical combat abilities, and I don't think you should be able to join (and rise to the top of) every guild going this time around. I didn't even use magic in Oblivion, yet was able to become Arch-mage just by slicing up some necromancers. Shortly after that the Thieves Guild had me steal a magical staff from myself.

Certain factions should be at odds with one another, making it impossible to join both.

Edited by Varin

Level scaling didn't really bother me. Although it was weird being attacked by gangs of thieves using massively expensive equipment.

I'd like to see more physical combat abilities, and I don't think you should be able to join (and rise to the top of) every guild going this time around. I didn't even use magic in Oblivion, yet was able to become Arch-mage just by slicing up some necromancers. Shortly after that the Thieves Guild had me steal a magical staff from myself.

Certain factions should be at odds with one another, making it impossible to join both.

I think in Morrowind it was impossible to reach the top of every guild because quests often conflicted with each other, such as having to kill a member in another guild that is necessary to advance in the ranks of that guild. People probably complained about that so they changed it in Oblivion.

This is by far my most anticipated game this year. :overjoyed2: I just hope they do a better job working out the bugs before release. Oblivion is up there with DQ VIII as one of my favorite all-time games.

What is funny is that seeing some of the early screenshots, I see there is one NPC, a barmaid, that looks exactly like me. :evillaugh:

Having Played every game in the series I must both morrowind and oblivion have there share of issues but I love both equally and have things I hate about both in equal measure.But from what I know about the game so far its gonna be a happy medium.People can cry simplification but I see it more of ironing out flaws and tedium and inefficiencies because compared to alot of other fare on from western developers nowadays they are still the most complex mainstream WRPG on the market.As long as its never simplified to a do stuff button or press a to beat the game I'll be happy. If you ever played daggerfall you now streamlining isn't always a bad thing.Don't get me wrong I loved and have beaten daggerfall but it was a very annoying game at times. Its an exprience I don't reccomend for all but the most die hard elder scrolls fan who wants to experience all the tales of tamriel.

Edited by Mad slime

This was a must buy upon hearing about it for the first time. I enjoyed both Morrowind and Oblivion equally, and am highly anticipating Skyrim just the same! I am praying it's just as good, if not better than it's predecessors!

Skyrim looks sick, I hope it follows more in Morrowind's footsteps than oblivion though. Morrowind was all kinds of awesome but I didn't really care for Oblivion as much as I like Morrowind.

Considering this just came out, I'm reviving this topic.

FUS DO RAH!

This game was way over hyped. In fact I must say I'm almost disappointed in it. The first few dragon fights are cool, but after that they get annoying. I finished the main quest and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, especially the final battle. The game is by no means bad, it's just more of the same.

This game was way over hyped. In fact I must say I'm almost disappointed in it. The first few dragon fights are cool, but after that they get annoying. I finished the main quest and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, especially the final battle. The game is by no means bad, it's just more of the same.

Elder Scrolls have never really changed much aside from some tweaks here and there that comes with new technology.

While Skyrim does have some incredibly neat AI in it, most of it won't really affect your game at all unless you really pay attention to it.

Elder Scrolls have never really changed much aside from some tweaks here and there that comes with new technology.

While Skyrim does have some incredibly neat AI in it, most of it won't really affect your game at all unless you really pay attention to it.

Yes the AI is fantastic.

At least they fixed it.

Edited by Cain

dudewhat.jpg

And yes, it's suspended in mid-air.

^Haha, gotta love the glitches that come with Bethesda games.

Still though, Skyrim is amazing.

The glitches are fixed now, I believe.

Still working on Skyrim myself although it's been actually a few weeks since I played, I need to get back to it. This is one of my favorite games ever. I bought Morrowind recently too so I will get to that soon.

Still working on Skyrim myself although it's been actually a few weeks since I played, I need to get back to it. This is one of my favorite games ever. I bought Morrowind recently too so I will get to that soon.

If you want good combat play Skyim. If you want depth then play Morrowind. Obilvion is in the middle for both. It seems they focus more on the graphics and controls and less on the gameplay and depth with each release.