Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalmana

Buying Dragon Warrior IV

So i am interested in buying DW4 for the NES, since it was one of my favorites and has my all time favorite boss.

What do you guys think would be a fair price, because right now i am talking to someone who has a auction up for it for a bid price of $61 and a buy of about $70. And also, with that price, it has everything:

"

* Game Cartridge

* Game Box

* Game Manual

* Explorer's Manual

* Both Maps / Charts

* Styrofoam Insert

"

So, does that price seem fair to you?

He's also selling a complete DW1 which i might pick up for around 20. >_> if i get it i'll probably turn my open one into a external hard drive.

I guess I haven't checked for a while, but I don't think that seems too bad if the condition is good.

It actually seems like it's in good condition. From the images, the edges of the box looks warn, but thats pretty much all the "damage" i can see.

DSC00924.jpg

I think that's a pretty fair price. I'd be interested to see the map spread out, but I would probably jump on it either way. I don't know about $20 for a complete DW1 though. That sounds a bit high, but a lot of people are just selling the cart by itself these days.

Yeah, that's what i found. I just did a quick look, and typically, the "complete" version goes for about 30->40. So, if i can get it for about 20, i think it'll be a good price.

Well, i won both auctions at the minimum bid price (62 for DW IV & 19.99 for DW) So i'm pretty happy about that. I'll probably post pics of the maps and the other stuff that it comes with once i get it ^^

Sounds like you got a great deal!

The two games arrived today and i took a look at them. They are both in pretty good condition. The boxes have a bit of wear on them but otherwise they are pretty good.

Both of the maps have a bit of a small tear on them, but i really cant complain because of the price and it isn't very noticeable either. I'll probably upload some images later.

Be careful when opening the maps, those old DW posters were folded in a way that they start coming apart in the folds after a while. I wish the folds had not been done the way they were.