Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRagnar

FlyingRagnar's YouTube Channel

Just a quick bump. I have over half of the Dragon Quest V SNES videos up now. I have not yet created a playlist for them yet, but I will soon. Also, I saw that SlimeMaster did a Let's Play of Dragon Quest VI SNES on his channel. So be sure to check that out as well.

I have now finished uploading Dragon Quest V SFC videos. There are 112 of them at present, clocking in at over 16 hours! I will probably do Dragon Quest I SNES next, but am not completely decided. Check the links in my signature for each playlist.

I have now finished uploading Dragon Quest V SFC videos. There are 112 of them at present, clocking in at over 16 hours! I will probably do Dragon Quest I SNES next, but am not completely decided. Check the links in my signature for each playlist.

Awesome! Are you planning on sending these to Woodus so he can link to them in his video walkthrough's section?

Woodus grabbed them and they are now posted. I am doing DQ I SFC next, but then I might take a break and do some pokemon games.

Bump. Just wanted to update this after a bit of a hiatus. I finished Dragon Quest I SFC a while ago. Then I did a Pokemon game for a bit of a change of scenery. Now I am back to doing Dragon Quest I GBC. Follow the links in my signature to my channel.

Edited by FlyingRagnar

As of tonight, I have finished Dragon Quest I GBC. I now have all 3 major versions of Dragon Quest! Someday I might re-do the NES version. There are some things I missed and the video encoding isn't as a high quality.

I'm now playing Dragon Quest III SFC/SNES, but it might be a while before I start encoding those videos.

Wow, nice accomplishment. Great work!

I have uploaded all of the Dragon Quest III SFC/SNES videos. There was a total of 113 videos equaling just over 13 hours. The playlist is now linked in my signature. The videos include all of the different personality tests which the game uses at the beginning of a new quest. It also shows 4 battles with God Dragon (Divinegon) and all of the available wishes. It is without a doubt the most complete set of Dragon Quest III videos on the web! Check it out and appreciate what a great job DQ Translations did with this game!

I'm also excited to announce my next set of videos in the next few days. Stay tuned!

I'm proud to announce that I will be doing Dragon Quest IX as my next set of videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCRshVMEVlg

As I mention on the first video, I am using a unique encoding scheme which focuses on the "action" DS screen. This makes better use of screen real estate than showing only the standard DS screens. These videos are quite large in size, so it will take some time to get them done and uploaded. Of course, they will all be in HD! Take some time to enjoy Dragon Quest IX for the first time, or revisit after playing it just a few years ago.

Edited by FlyingRagnar

Cool, this is looking great! Nice work. I have seen that encoding scheme used for DS videos on runs over at TASVideos. I quite like it.

Thanks for continuing to do these videos and for sharing them with us!

I thought I would post to say that I have completed what I am considering part 1 of Dragon Quest IX. This includes 37 videos and goes up to the first visit to Alltrades Abbey.

I'm happy to announce that after a many year hiatus, I am once again uploading high quality Dragon Quest videos to YouTube.  I'm working on 2 projects simultaneously.  

The first is a continuation of my Dragon Quest IX series of videos.  I'm starting right where I left off...at the Tower of Trades and opening up Alltrades Abbey.  The first video will be #39 in the series and go from there.

Also, I'm uploading high quality re-encodes of my Dragon Quest IV NES videos.  My process for creating the videos has improved a lot since I originally uploaded them, PLUS YouTube now supports 60 FPS videos.  This is significant for the NES Dragon Quest games because they all originally displayed in 60 FPS.  By only using 30 FPS, spell animations and other "flashing" type visualizations look bad.  The new Dragon Quest IX videos will also support 60 FPS for 720p and 1080p playback.

• Upvote 2

Very high quality. Generally, DS video is a guy positioning a camcorder between him and the DS.

Very cool, do you care if I pull some stills to put in the social feeds?

He likely spent some serious cash on a 3ds capture kit. Props!

• Upvote 1

He likely spent some serious cash on a 3ds capture kit. Props!

I heard it was on the credit card.