Wiki Name

FlyingRagnar

So let me start off by discussing the name of the wiki. "Dragon Quest Dictionary~Encyclopedia" is really long and hard to type. I also fail to see how it functions as a dictionary as it really is just an encyclopedia (it has articles not definitions). So, is there another name which would work better?

I realize that another "Dragon Quest Wiki" already exists, but the word "wiki" really helps outsiders to know what it is, since just about everybody knows what Wikipedia is these days.

Dragon Questpedia?

Slime Wiki?

Slimepedia?

Alefgardpedia?

Is there any harm in using the same name "Dragon Quest Wiki". More than a title, that is literally what it is. I think that would be preferable to any of the proposed alternates. At least to me.

I think it would be best to have Dragon Quest in the name, so newbies can find it. However, we can play with the name "wiki" can't we? Can't we call it the Dragon Quest Lexicon? Or Tome? Or something theme-Y? Dragon Quest has a long history of pun-ness, too, so maybe someone more clever than I can come up with a punny name?

The Dragon Questionary (FAQ style?)

The Dragon Questicon (like lexicon?)

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far I would say that "Dragon Quest Wiki" is winning the discussion. Although I admit that it was helped by the fact that Woodus designed a nice logo to use on the homepage. ;)

Now you just need a nice favicon to use. I think the logo wouldn't shrink well enough to use, so I don't know what that could be.

Archived