Rune Caster

Dragon Quest III SNES (translated)

10 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Wait but I'm at the endgame though and it's working fine.

My understanding is that the save corruption is caused by particular (but unknown) actions. I had been playing with only save states until the point in the game when you need to reload your save file, so I don't know when the corruption occurred for me. It seems to be rather rare, though; I've only seen three other people who have had this issue. 

That being said, if you could upload your working save file I'd be very thankful. 

• Like 2

It’s probably from just using save states that may have done it. It’s like I tell people when they try to use sleep mode for days on end with consoles or handhelds: don’t do it.

Always do hard saves.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s probably from just using save states that may have done it. It’s like I tell people when they try to use sleep mode for days on end with consoles or handhelds: don’t do it.

Always do hard saves.

I don't think there's any evidence for that. I've certainly never encountered anything like this with any other game, whether I've been using save states or sleep mode or simply had the game on for an extended duration of time. I had been using save states for a while, and my earlier state that I kept works completely fine. 

I think it's far more likely to be an issue with how the fan translation handles saves; this would be supported by the fact that the fan translation has had other issues/glitches causing save corruption/deletion. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Xiphiidae said:

My understanding is that the save corruption is caused by particular (but unknown) actions. I had been playing with only save states until the point in the game when you need to reload your save file, so I don't know when the corruption occurred for me. It seems to be rather rare, though; I've only seen three other people who have had this issue. 

That being said, if you could upload your working save file I'd be very thankful. 

Dragon Quest 3 (tr).srm

Also guys how do I get to Zoma's castle without getting stomped on the way there?

10 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Always do hard saves.

Yeah I kept my 3DS in sleep mode for a long time and it wouldn't turn on at some point.

Edited by DragonQuest2IsGood

*.srm is a common SNES/SFC save extension. It's short for "S-RAM", or Save RAM. The actual cartridge would have a RAM chip powered by a watch battery to hold on to your game saves, this file is the would-be contents of that RAM chip.

2 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Dragon Quest 3 (tr).srm
Dragon Quest 3 (tr).cfg

I don't know if saves are in .srm or .cfg format so I posted both.

Also guys how do I get to Zoma's castle without getting stomped on the way there?

Yeah I kept my 3DS in sleep mode for a long time and it wouldn't turn on at some point.

Posted (edited)

Dragon Quest III for Nintendo Switch aren’t as good as the mobile versions but worth your time with some caveats if you are interested in the origins of what made the JRPG genre as great as it is today.

vidmate 

Edited by crocoyes7