Manipulating the DQVC Store

King Zenith

I was just perusing a thread on GameFAQ's and apparently there is a technique that you can use to manipulate what items will be available for you in DQVC on a particular day. It uses a couple of external sites in a somewhat "Hoimi Table"-like fashion to determine random seeds.

I haven't quite gotten my head around it, but maybe some people here want to try it out. Several people have reported repeated success with this method. Here is the thread.

Just to clarify, you cannot use this method to obtain any item you want from DQVC. Instead, it allows you determine which items you get today out of the possible list of items for that week. This would make it so you do not have to worry about missing out certain DQVC exclusive items because they just never appear in your store on the week they are available.

• Upvote 2

I was thinking of removing the auto saving that happens after you connect to DQVC, so that you can power off and on if you don't get what you want. It's technically not cheating because you still can only keep one version of the shop per day. That being said, not sure exactly what triggers a save just yet.

Edited by Tom-Servo
  • Upvote 2

I was thinking of removing the auto saving that happens after you connect to DQVC, so that you can power off and on if you don't get what you want. It's technically not cheating because you still can only keep one version of the shop per day. That being said, not sure exactly triggers a save just yet.

That would be very cool if you could figure that out.

• Upvote 1

It's too bad the game saves before you can see the store. Then we wouldn't need any tools.

• Upvote 1

Well after reading threw the garbled mess of that thread and the fact it was basically 2 topics in one. Someone posted a rather decent explanation. And here it goes. It does seem to make it alot simpler to under stand.

All credit for this explanation to Cubittus from Gamefaqs.com

Here's how to do this using any map:

1. You need to choose a map that is listed last treasure map list page (any page will do).

2. Select that map and choose to to go treasure hunting. (this makes sure the page it is on is initially displayed when opening the list)

3. Find the map location code at this site: (a two digit hex code)

http://dq9.ffsky.cn/maplocation.htm

4. Enter the map name components, level and location code at this site (the drop down menus are in English, leave the input boxes blank) and press the button:

http://www20.atpages.jp/dq9tools/tmape.cgi

5. Hopefully you will get one result. It is the four hex-digit number, followed by a dash and a letter (e.g. mine was 6542-E). This is your map seed.

If there is more than one result then pick the one that has the matching level boss. (I use google translate on the google toolbar to help with this).

If there are no result then try another map.

6. Enter the seed in the input box near the top of this page (you only need the first 4 hex digits) and hit the button:

http://www16.atpages.jp/hayao/wifi0827e.cgi

You will now get a series of lists of DQVC items.

The items coloured in blue are those that will appear in the store. Dark blue means that the item is a duplicate and is skipped.

I used google translate to understand the difference between each block of lists. (A tip: if google thinks the page is already English then choose 'show original' and then manually select Japanese and translate again).

The first block is what you get if you just open your treasure map list and close it (X X UP X B) then immediately talk to Sellma.

The second block requires you to open the Battle Records screen once after opening the map list.

The third block - open the BR screen twice.

etc. etc.

Dang that seems more of a mess to do than the Hoimi table >.<

I was thinking of removing the auto saving that happens after you connect to DQVC, so that you can power off and on if you don't get what you want. It's technically not cheating because you still can only keep one version of the shop per day. That being said, not sure exactly triggers a save just yet.

That would be very cool if you could figure that out.

Ok I created a cheat code but I can't currently verify that it works. (I can't find anything on how to convert raw codes to whatever format, but I took an educated guess)

Edit: Added a code so that it is enabled by pressing and holding start and L before the game checks to see if you already connected today. This should reduce the risk of issues pretty close to zero. Pick one of the following.

Set year to 2000

94000130 FDF70000

120F9348 000007D0

Set Date to January 1st

94000130 FDF70000

120F934A 00000000

Bullet points!

1. If it works correctly it will set your last DQVC connect year to 2000 or set it to January 1st.

2. Tested and works just fine.

3. If anyone has any more suggestions for fixing up the code let me know.

4. If you try the code and it doesn't work then I'd suggest reverting back to your old save, just in case.

Edited by Tom-Servo

Ok I created a cheat code but I can't currently verify that it works. (I can't find anything on how to convert raw codes to whatever format, but I took an educated guess)

Edit: Added a code so that it is enabled by pressing and holding start and L before and while the game saves. This should reduce the risk of issues pretty close to zero. Pick one of the following.

Set year to 2000

94000130 FDF70000

120F9348 000007D0

Set Date to January 1st

94000130 FDF70000

120F934A 00000000

Bullet points!

1. If it works correctly it will set your last DQVC connect year to 2000 or set it to January 1st.

2. Since I have not tested this it is advisable to make a backup of your save.

4. If you try the code and it doesn't work then I'd suggest reverting back to your old save, just in case.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. By using the above code, it tricks the server into thinking you haven't yet connected for that day (or any day for that matter since the year 2000 or since January 1st). You can then re-connect to DQVC and take another shot at getting the items you want from the selection for the week.

Is that about right?

Edit: Added a code so that it is enabled by pressing and holding start and L before and while the game saves. This should reduce the risk of issues pretty close to zero. Pick one of the following.

Set year to 2000

94000130 FDF70000

120F9348 000007D0

Set Date to January 1st

94000130 FDF70000

120F934A 00000000

Bullet points!

2. Since I have not tested this it is advisable to make a backup of your save.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. By using the above code, it tricks the server into thinking you haven't yet connected for that day (or any day for that matter since the year 2000 or since January 1st). You can then re-connect to DQVC and take another shot at getting the items you want from the selection for the week.

Is that about right?

Yeah. I used the save editor before to change the last connect date and DQVC let me reconnect without waiting. The code is pretty much an implementation of that method.

Ok tested the 2000 code and it works fine. Actually I think it will work if you press L+Start right before you agree to connect to DQVC, since it checks regular RAM to see if you can connect again, not your Save RAM.

I probably could make codes to modify what items are in the store, and how many. Would just need the prices used to make sure it isn't just a plain cheat. :P

Ok tested the 2000 code and it works fine. Actually I think it will work if you press L+Start right before you agree to connect to DQVC, since it checks regular RAM to see if you can connect again, not your Save RAM.

I probably could make codes to modify what items are in the store, and how many. Would just need the prices used to make sure it isn't just a plain cheat. :P

Oh yeah, the 2000 code works GOOD! Thanks to Tom, I shall rock Sellma's world, then rule it! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I i i i i i wanna cheat code for my game too! :cry2:

Eh, what kinda cheat? :)

I was just playing around. I dont have AR or any of that jargin Just the regular old ds and cartiridge. So alas these codes do not work for me. =(

• 3 years later...

Oh god.  I just tried to do this but I didn't know to open the treasure maps screen -- I tried a quick save instead.  Guess Ashlynn's Gloves will have to wait for the next time they're in DQVC -- if it stays up that long.

Edit:  This post really should be stickied, it took an awful lot of searching to find.

Edited by PsyMar

Welcome to the den PsyMar!  Sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the gloves.  I am not sure the info in this topic is enough to justify a sticky, but maybe if this is merged with other info about the Hoimi Table and its many uses.