Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Grotto Searcher Tool

I thought I would let everyone know about a Grotto Searcher tool that just popped up in a thread over on GameFAQ's.

The tool can be found here.

Basically, you choose from a list of possible landmarks that you see in your grotto map image (like water, swamp, forest etc...) and it filters the total list of maps down according to the features you identify. When you find a matching map, it pulls up Zaraf's map that indicates where the Grotto is on the overworld map.

Woodus, I have already asked the author if you can host the tool here. Hopefully we get an affirmative answer. The user doesn't have an email address listed so I can only correspond via the board. If I try to be too persuasive I will get moderated, so we'll see how that goes...

In any case, definitely check this tool out:

GrottoSearch.png

GrottoSearch2.png

Wow that is pretty cool, now if we could just get the Hoimi Table author to let us host that so it could be translated, we would have some killer tools going on :overjoyed2:

Wow that is pretty cool, now if we could just get the Hoimi Table author to let us host that so it could be translated, we would have some killer tools going on :overjoyed2:

Hmmm, maybe I will have to try to track that person down too! Hosting these tools on the den is the best way to ensure we immortalize their hard work. The Den has been around forever and it is still going strong. Other sites can be really cool, but after a while, they fizzle out and die and we lose that great material forever.

Just look at the DQMJinfo site for example. That was far and away the best resource for planning your synths for DQMJ. Now all we have is this to remember it by:

ServiceNotFound.png

I realize that it says the Server is "Temporarily Unavailable" but it has been that way for quite a while now.

Alright, I just heard back from Ikalos and he has agreed to host the application here at the Den! He is just working on a couple things to polish it off. I'll try to get him in touch with you, Woodus, so you can make the arrangements to get the source.

Woo!

Go ahead and give him my woodus.com email and then he can just email both of us.

Go ahead and give him my woodus.com email and then he can just email both of us.

Is it ok if tell him the woodus (at) woodus (dot) com email address on the GameFAQ's forum? I don't have any way of privately communicating with him yet.

Sure go ahead

Hello here!

Just checked my stat, and find a link from this forum =3

Thanks for your interest =D

So, if you have question/suggestion, find an error, etc. , I'll check them!

Hello here!

Just checked my stat, and find a link from this forum =3

Thanks for your interest =D

So, if you have question/suggestion, find an error, etc. , I'll check them!

Kalos! Thanks for the great tool. It'll be very nice having it here at the Den. I appreciate you letting Woodus host it here.

I know I am going to get a lot of mileage out of it. The recently added landmarks are a big help too.

Got it added here :)

Got it added here :)

Casts Kazing!  Where is this located on the Den?  I can't seem to find it in all the DQIX pages.

I didn't see it, but here it is:

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottosearch.php

Here's the full list of yab's translated DQIX tools:

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

Alright, I just heard back from Ikalos and he has agreed to host the application here at the Den! He is just working on a couple things to polish it off. I'll try to get him in touch with you, Woodus, so you can make the arrangements to get the source.

Woo!

That is awesome news  :overjoyed2:

...from 2010.

• Upvote 1

You can find it here at the den at this link.  In the DQ9 section, it is the one called "Treasure Map Searcher".

I can change the name if it would make more sense

Might be a good idea, that way people looking for Grotto tools have them all in one spot.

Renamed to Grotto Map Search

• Upvote 1