Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRagnar

DQVC Bonus Content Thread

I guess I was lucky I got the 13k Spellward Circlet. :)

The store-purchasable ones are still often nice if you need them still for item completion. They are usually half price.

Sweet, I scored the 'stache. :D

Rare weaponry abounds in this week's DQVC. Didn't see much worthwhile, though there apparently are some A-rank weapons like the Pentarang.

Also, Maribel from DQ7 is our special guest of honor this week. Tsunderes rejoice!

As for the DLC quest, it's another DLC exclusive boss. She knows Fizzle, Kacrack, Disruptive Wave, Meditation, and is a triple attacker (at least that's what she knows from what I saw, not sure if there was anything else). Not too hard though. Remember to use Eye for Trouble if you want her full description, since it's one-time only!

Edited by Dunamis

Highlight of my shop today was Attribeauty for 49000.

Others: Megaton Hammer, Pruning Knife, Demon Whip, Cobra Claws, Wyrmwand

Shame I have them all already, haha.

As for the DLC quest, it's another DLC exclusive boss. Remember to use Eye for Trouble if you want her full description, since it's one-time only!

I was wondering about their item drops. Do these bosses have a 100% drop and no stealable item like the story bosses?

As for the DLC quest, it's another DLC exclusive boss. Remember to use Eye for Trouble if you want her full description, since it's one-time only!

I was wondering about their item drops. Do these bosses have a 100% drop and no stealable item like the story bosses?

Yes they do. In this case, she drops a Raging Ruby 100% of the time, but doesn't have anything to steal.

'Indogutsu'

The Pentarang is B-rank. The only A-rank weapons are Metal Slime Sword and Spear.

Whoops...got my ranks mixed up. My bad. XP

Edited by Dunamis

Whoa, I've missed out on so much T_T

Must get Atrribeauty however

And yay for Maribel.

I snagged a Hela's Hammer so I guess I'm ready for some Metal King hunting now :D

Got a few other nice things like the Pentarang. I think I'm gonna enjoy this week, since I haven't been doing too much of the post game content yet.

I snagged a Hela's Hammer so I guess I'm ready for some Metal King hunting now :D

Got a few other nice things like the Pentarang. I think I'm gonna enjoy this week, since I haven't been doing too much of the post game content yet.

Hela's Hammer does not behave like it did is DQ4 and 5. There was even a topic or two about this recently. Hela's Hammer is no longer crit or miss, but instead is 75% accuracy rate while having a semi-decent attack for its rarity. In other words, there are better hammers with without missing 1/4 the time.

I don't know because I haven't tried yet, but is Maribel one of those 3-item only characters, or does she have a class-specific item as well, and if so what class?

3 items only.

Talking to her, birthday, and fully expanded inn.

Just a question regarding DQVC ... will the special weeks repeat next year or at another unspecified time? ; my lack of time to play DQ9 at the moment is making me paranoid if I'll miss out on any 'exclusive' items ;_;

If someone posts the details regarding what new quest, shop sale, and visitor is new this week. I will update the first post. I am pretty busy for the next couple of weeks and might not have internet to login to DQVC. Thanks.

If someone posts the details regarding what new quest, shop sale, and visitor is new this week. I will update the first post. I am pretty busy for the next couple of weeks and might not have internet to login to DQVC. Thanks.

Allow me to fill ya in then on the basics for this week then.

For DQVC, we're getting a Metal Slime Gear sale. Apparently every piece of Metal Slime Gear is up for sale, which is gonna be a huge Game-Breaker for those just starting the game (provided they can afford the stuff!). I'm mainly hoping for a pair of Metal Slime Sollerets, since they're the only Metal Slime Gear I haven't fully upgraded to Metal King status. Also, I noticed Astral Plumes are for sale this week. Handy for making Sainted Somas.

As for the DLC Quest, this one's pretty easy, but also very rewarding. Simply go to the cave where you can buy Chronocrystals and you'll see a new person there (Selwyn, I believe his name was). Simply give him an Ethereal Stone (made by Alchemy or in some grotto chests) and he gives you a Legacy Boss map! Specifically, it's Malroth from Dragon Quest 2!

Today is a good day! Got me a metal slime armor, shield, and sword.

Unfortunately, I've only been getting one of everything for this week and last. Is that because of the nature of these weeks, or is it because I'm going there right after loading my game?

Yeah, it's a good time for DQ9 right now. DQVC has been hot lately and we get Malroth this week and Estark next week.

Gauntlets are the only metal gear i haven't gotten from grottos so far, so this will be great to complete the set for me. :)

Haha...I got the shield and helm from quests prior to the sale this week. Besides the alchemy ingredients, the shield and helm are all that seem to show up...I hope I get a lucky break before the sale ends lol

Got the Sword, Spear, Helm and Sollerets so far, way cool :overjoyed2: