Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRagnar

DQVC Bonus Content Thread

And so starts the DQVC Halloween Fayre! Didn't see much of anything of use, though I did get some Basic and Posh Biscuits, two items I don't have (and I'm guessing they're DQVC-exclusive). Let's see what spooky things we get this week!

Also, once again, only one DLC quest this week, the Goretress Guerrilla quest. I think my guess as to why they only did one this week and last week was because they're "Story" quests, and I'm guessing they only wanted to give one "Story" quest a week, and since the next few are like that, thus the reason of only one per week. I'm sure once we get to having a non-story quest, they'll give off two again like before.

I hope...

This week seems okay. It gives the people who missed out on the skeleton gear a second chance and there are some new DQVC exlcusive items available. Basic and Posh Biscuits and Pumpkin Head. Too bad I didn't get either of those today. :(

Also, once again, only one DLC quest this week, the Goretress Guerrilla quest. I think my guess as to why they only did one this week and last week was because they're "Story" quests, and I'm guessing they only wanted to give one "Story" quest a week, and since the next few are like that, thus the reason of only one per week. I'm sure once we get to having a non-story quest, they'll give off two again like before.

The prevailing theory at the moment is that we are permanently going to be receiving one quest per week from now on. Apparently in Japan they switched to one quest per week at exactly the same time so it stands to reason that we would follow the same trend. You never though, they could always mix it up I guess.

I wonder if Stella actually wars a technicolor tutu when completing quest 146

Nope. She looks exactly the same, even though for some reason, she thinks she looks different.

Edited by Cain

Did anybody else notice that she calls it a Rainbow Tutu in one of her lines? Looks like a minor oversight by the localization team.

....while the Tint-Tastic Tutu (who talks like that, anyway?)

People in Dragon Quest games obviously.

....or really cheesy local commercials. Usually for furniture or local fast food shops.

Also, still waiting for Torneko and Jessica to appear in my Inn...

Edited by Kenryoku_Maxis

Woot! Just scored a Pumpkin Head on DQVC. :)

Here's what's left of the DQVC exclusives that have yet to be released as of Oct 25, 2010.

Everyday Items:

Block O' Choc

Info: Heals a little HP

Cost: 500 Gold

Choice Chocolate

Info: Heals lots of HP, Valentine's Theme

Cost: 3,000 Gold

Festive Feast

Info: Heals lots of HP, Christmas Theme

Cost: 2,500 Gold

Christmas Cake

Info: Heals lots of HP

Cost: 4,800 Gold

Weapon:

White Bouquet

Info: Fan, 92 Attack

Cost: 50,000 Gold

Head:

Tip-Top Topper

Info: Male Only, 22 Defence, 12 Magical Mending

Cost: 20,000 Gold

Silken Veil

Info: Female Only, 19 Defence, 15 Magical Mending

Cost: 30,000 Gold

Santa's Hat

Info: 25 Defence, 7 Magic Might, 8 Magical Mending

Cost: 12,000 Gold

Monarchic Moustache

Info: 10 Defence, 7 Magical Might, 7 Magical Mending

Cost: 15,000 Gold

Swashbuckler's Bonnet

Info: 23 Defence, 10 Magical Might, 8 Magical Mending

Torso:

White Tuxedo

Info: Male Only, 48 Defence

Wedding Dress

Info: Female Only, 45 Defence

Cost: 90,000 Gold

Santa's Suit

Info: Male Only, 52 Defence

Cost: 18,000 Gold

Santa's Little Helper Suit

Info: Female Only, 50 Defence

Cost: 24,000 Gold

Captain's Coat

Info: 53 Defence

Cost: 35,000 Gold

Legs:

White Tuxedo Trousers

Info: Male Only, 18 Defence

Cost: 15,000 Gold

Santa's Slacks

Info: 19 Defence

Cost: 12,000 Gold

Pirate Pantaloons

Info: 20 Defence

Cost: 28,000 Gold

Feet:

White Wing-Tips

Info: Male Only, 4.0% Evasion Chance

Cost: 20,000 Gold

High-Class Heels

Info: Female Only, 4.0% Evasion Chance

Accessory:

Wedding Ring

Info: 6 Defence, 10 Magic Mending

Wedding Week can't come soon enough. :(

Edited by Deathtamoor

Does anybody know the exclusive equipment to the DQVC? I heard there were a couple things you could only get from there and I was wondering what it was. Thanks. :wink:

thank you. :flameslime:

Looks like the Halloween fayre is going for one more week. That's interesting. Good news for me though since I didn't get a Pumpkin Head last week, despite trying for it daily.

Trode is our new special guest and here is how you can get his gear:

Robe: Speak to him

Face: Speak to him on your birthday

Shoes: Speak to him with a completed Inn

Only three items for him, so don't waste your time trying different vocations to get another item.

I guess it's good that there's a repeat of Halloween week for some people. I doubt that they'll recycle Pumpkin Heads that often so it's good that people get another chance for it.

Definitely. And the extra Lucky Pendants and Malicites don't hurt either.

Looks like the Halloween fayre is going for one more week. That's interesting. Good news for me though since I didn't get a Pumpkin Head last week, despite trying for it daily.

Is that so? O:

I myself didnt get a chance to get the skeletone suit, and I really want it X:

I wanted to try using the DQVC calculator for the first time but it seems to be a bit out of order (?) . Instead of showing the item names, it just shows random numbers. When I checked on it a few days back it showed the item names, but I was too lazy to try it lol.

The darn page is laughing at my face now lol.

Edited by Lynxk

Usually for the first day or so the data for the items hasn't been added to the DQVC calculators (the item list and order has to be manually determined and entered).

An extended Halloween Fayre is fine and dandy by me. *nod* Was able to secure a Wizard Robe, which I haven't found ironically enough. That plus Trode's face and robe brought me up to a 75% Wardrobe. Sweet~

Also, if all goes well enough, I think the next "Story" DLC quest is where we get to fight Tyrannosaura Wrecks (forgive me if I misspelled that), so that'll be good enough. I am also curious about what the World Tree said about Stella...(I won't say to not spoil for others).

Lol, Stellarestia....

finally got my internet back on... so I got on the DQVC and I got a Wizard Robe, a Witch Robe, a skullcap and a Pumpkinhead on my first connection in weeks :P

Royalty rejoice, the name of the game in the DQVC this week is royalty. I got a pretty swell first day...a pair of Mayoress's Mittens, Queen's Whip, Sun Crown, Pallium Regale, Spellward Circlet, and a Gold Bar. Not exactly cheap, but great stuff!

And more insight to Stella's backstory on this week's DLC quest. Next week is a DLC boss fight, so for those with Eye for Trouble, get it ready!

Edited by Dunamis

Was pretty happy with my haul this morning. I still need a bunch of Monarchic Marks for Alchemy, so it was nice to get one of those. The quest was easy, but pretty interesting.

Got some new stuff today (normally the Bookstore by the college doesn't work with my DS, so I was pleasantly surprised. I think 3 out of the 5 offers were new. :D

One more important distinction: the number in the two Spellward Circlet listings refers to the cost of each one. Other than that, they're the exact same. If you need one, just go for the 13k.

You may prefer the following DQVC tool, which allows you to enter up to 7 extra map seeds (the first 3 slots are filled up by Usugura, Locker and Masayuki), select your 6 most desired items, and lists the best possible results:

http://www16.atpages.jp/hayao/wifisearche.cgi