DQVC Bonus Content Thread

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, I thought it might be useful to keep track of what additional content has been made available and when it was received. I know there have been specific threads for each, but I thought it wou

You cant miss any quests on DQVC, they just put all the quests you have missed all on at once. Even if you didnt go on for ages you still cant miss any.

Thanks for clearing that up but I am also curious about special guests. Can you still get them if you miss them way after their release?

Yeah, you can.

I just switched to WEP Wi-fi and I got all three.

A pleasant surprise.

Edited by Digitalized

So how do you get the other gear from them? I'm just getting their torso gear.

I can also confirm that you catch up on anything missed. I got two guests when I first linked up (and a third later, obviously), as well as all of the extra quests.

So, that means that the guests and quests will eventually become a static download on the server. I wonder if the daily shop will recycle after DQIX gets old? I hope they recycle it instead of stopping (getting a little ahead of myself, though).

Edited by Wes

I believe you get different gear from the Inn Guests by talking to them on your birthday, expanding the Inn and talking to them while your main character has various jobs. i.e. Martial Artists for Alena.

Edited by Aquamentus

I believe you get different gear from the Inn Guests by talking to them on your birthday, expanding the Inn and talking to them while your main character has various jobs. i.e. Martial Artists for Alena.

Expanding the inn? You mean canvassing guests, because I don't know anyone with the game.

Expanding the inn? You mean canvassing guests, because I don't know anyone with the game.

Yeah me neither. I think that part sucks, also the part where... YOU CAN'T WIFI TO MULTIPLAYER! sorry... just frustrating... no one around here games. :possessed:

We got Kiryl today, Kiryl is after Fleurette on the list.

It seems they're skipping the Wi-Fi quest cameos because we don't have that option in our game to submit our data.

So don't expect to see Jessica or Princess Moonbrooke either, because both were also Wi-Fi quest rewards in Japan.

Why bother having their outfits listed in the guide then, if they're going to skip past them.

I hope it's just a minor inconvenience and we'll be seeing them regardless in the Inn.

Perhaps we'll also be getting those Wi-Fi quests, no?

But back on topic

Krift's/Kiryl's equipment is hot as.

I think I need a fully expanded inn for his pants though :(

His opening sentence made me chuckle.

I am residing here because of your attraction

Edited by Usashi

Well I hope they at least stick Fleurette, Moonbrooke and Jessica at the end of the list then. It would be a big disappointment if we missed them entirely.

In other news, Kiryl was awesome. Also, what Stella says about him when you dress up in all his gear for the accolade was pretty good too.

Unfortunately, I can't get her to say it again, but here is the accolade:

Kiryl_Accolade.png

What Stella has to say about the hero when he dresses in all of Kiryl's equipment is one of the best to date. If you're an old skool DQ fan, there's no doubt it'll make you laugh :)

Perhaps we'll also be getting those Wi-Fi quests, no?

But back on topic

Krift's/Kiryl's equipment is hot as.

I think I need a fully expanded inn for his pants though :(

His opening sentence made me chuckle.

I am residing here because of your attraction

I don't think that's possible, cause there was an option on the title screen in the JP version where you could upload your data to SE and when you hit a certain goal you unlocked guests.

That option isn't in the NA version of the game.

Hopefully they just tack them on at the end, else it'll be kind of crappy that we get screwed because of an option they didn't even include for us.

Edited by Tiael

You know what? I'm gonna just buy a second copy of the game, and keep playing until I get a fully expanded inn. This way, I can get the stuff without gathering large amounts of groups, being the ONLY ONE in my hometown to even OWN Dragon Quest IX! By the time it's fully expanded (give or take a week or two), I can give the spare copy to my friend.

In other news, Kiryl was awesome. Also, what Stella says about him when you dress up in all his gear for the accolade was pretty good too.

Kiryl_Accolade.png

Heh, the accolade should have referenced trying to cast Defeat on Necrosaro.

Edited by chichi

Kiryl_Accolade.png

Heh, the accolade should have referenced trying to cast Defeat on Necrosaro.

It's funny you mention that, because that is basically what Stella says before giving you the accolade.

I'm going over to my Girlfriend's atm to update, since my internet fails at DQ. I'll see how bad this "ring week" really is, but I hear people are liking the new person?

The ring week is still better than Alchaid, and I rather like it.

I've gotten a catholicon ring and hoping for a few more, sure I can make it, but I'd rather save the other rings needed in that recipe.

I think the ring week is ok. I got some really good rings today! Yeah, Kiryls outfit is really cool. I'm gonna keep my main character as kiryl for a long time, unless the other cameo characters are cooler.

• 2 weeks later...

What does DQVC even mean?

It's a hybrid between DQ and QVC. QVC is the shopping network on TV. I think it stands for Quality, Value, Convenience or something. Put them together and you get DQVC.

So yay another chance at sharp shades, but boo at not obtaining them yet.

I've gotten the silver specs or whatever the other DQVC exclusive is, but no sharp shades.

Hopefully I'll get them the next 3 days.