DQVC Bonus Content Thread

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, I thought it might be useful to keep track of what additional content has been made available and when it was received. I know there have been specific threads for each, but I thought it wou

And didn't Japan also get 'Seed Week' as well?

That would be a golden theme considering just how damn annoying and time-consuming it is to farm seeds in this game...

Cheers!

Right now, Japan has the DQ IX week, with items from characters from this game, even the angel equipment the main character has at the start. No one else can equip it and it cannot be sold, so this is more to have duplicates as space keepers in the wardrobe, I guess.

Right now, Japan has the DQ IX week, with items from characters from this game, even the angel equipment the main character has at the start. No one else can equip it and it cannot be sold, so this is more to have duplicates as space keepers in the wardrobe, I guess.

Main charater equipement is kinda ointless,although the gear from other charaters seems...usefull.

Anyway,is there nothing new this week?

Ha ha. I remember seeing that Miracle Sword in the shop a year ago and not having enough money to buy it. Now's my chance!! :wd_coolslime:

Hopefully they don't just cycle through the DQVC lists. I want some duplicates of the revocation medals etc.

I was actually surprised to see they actually went back to the beginning.

Note to self: Do not underestimate the ability of out-of-Japan DQ to put very little effort in things in the future.

We got a revocation medals week in Japan! I got a lot of them in past weeks and I have not even revocated once in my new game, LOL.

Thanks, YoshiAngemon.

Do you guys suppose DQVC will stay online forever? Like, will the service still be available in five or ten years' time?

Edited by Mario

Oh well... If we just get a crappy recycling of the same themes as last year, I can at least go ahead and delete my back-up cart and put it back to tag-grinding duty. :ga_rolleyes:

I was *really* hoping for a revocation medal week, and/or a stat seed week... Silly Japan, why do they get all the good DQ stuffs?!

Cheers!

Plus, we can't rely on DQVC to do everything for us. Revocation medals are rewards for all your hard work and they should be something to earn not buy.

Plus, we can't rely on DQVC to do everything for us. Revocation medals are rewards for all your hard work and they should be something to earn not buy.

Yes we can expect/rely on the DQVC to give us everything! And at utterly insane princes just to make it worth our trouble of farming all that gold mail... :ws-slimedead:

Anyone else still have nightmares about that $50,000 per orb during the 'Orbsome' sale?!

Yes we can expect/rely on the DQVC to give us everything! And at utterly insane princes just to make it worth our trouble of farming all that gold mail... :ws-slimedead:

Anyone else still have nightmares about that $50,000 per orb during the 'Orbsome' sale?!

Yep.

I was like, "Sweet! There's selling Orbs now!" (At that time I hadn't beaten Baramos :unhappy: , Malroth, or Estark yet)

"WAT? 50,000G?!"

-In my anger, I went to Baramos's map-

-Actually kills Baramos for first time ^^ -

"Baramos drops a treasure chest. Hawk opens it up. It contains a Silver Orb!"

}|

Be that as it may, you can only earn them once the traditional way. Besides, you're still earning the money with which you purchase them.

On top of that, our shop looped back to the first week, while Japan didn't, to my knowledge. If they only did make a year's worth DQVC weeks and set them to loop, then we're never getting those items. Besides, Japan got to the rarer items much earlier, and at a more frequent rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now that DQVC is looping back to last year's stuff, yab has compiled a complete list of all DQVC sales right here.

A very nice little tool.

Great list... it could be included on the Dragon's Den Dragon Quest IX page?

Well, now that DQVC is looping back to last year's stuff, yab has compiled a complete list of all DQVC sales right here.

A very nice little tool.

Great list... it could be included on the Dragon's Den Dragon Quest IX page?

I'd love that. I would love for all of yab's tools to be mirrored here. I have asked him before and he has never responded. I guess it's nice that he has not said no, it might just mean that he hasn't seen my requests.

Does anyone talk regularly with yab? Maybe someone else could try asking on the Den's behalf.

I come into contact with him indirectly on GameFAQs where he regularly posts. He's been doing complete weekly lists this past year. Infact, it was upon my request that he began posting price information! I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to oblige.

By the way, I've pretty much finished compiling Japanese DQVC info straight from the atwiki wiki. Now I need to check for potential typos.

I come into contact with him indirectly on GameFAQs where he regularly posts. He's been doing complete weekly lists this past year. Infact, it was upon my request that he began posting price information! I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to oblige.

Cool, would you mind asking him about it next time you are chatting with him?