Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRagnar

DQVC Bonus Content Thread

Uuuhhhggggg so frustrating 2 days left of the scary sale and no skeleton shirt yet! Imma be a sad monkey if i dont get the shirt while its available. :unhappy:

I got all 3, the head and torso gave my mage a stat boost but not the legs item.

I've got a stupid question: If you don't download a quest or one of those special guests, do they disappear so that you can't get them again. That would tick me off because I'm trying to find a router or USB or whatever so that I can use Wifi and I really want the stuff they offer.

I've got a stupid question: If you don't download a quest or one of those special guests, do they disappear so that you can't get them again. That would tick me off because I'm trying to find a router or USB or whatever so that I can use Wifi and I really want the stuff they offer.

That's not a stupid question, and I have yet to hear a definitive answer on that. Everyone assumes that you can still get it, but I haven't heard of anyone trying to "catch up" on missed DLC.

I hope I get the Skeleton Pants tomorrow...if I don't will they ever show up again :????:

I hope I get the Skeleton Pants tomorrow...if I don't will they ever show up again :????:

Yeah, I am sure they will be randomly sprinkled throughout your other DQVC sessions.

Still no darn skeleton shirt. And you most definately can still download the content after the fact. I didnt do dqvc for a while and the first time i did it i got all the previous quests that had been released. So there you go. A definitive answer on "Will you still get such and such if you missed the release date?"

Still no darn skeleton shirt. And you most definately can still download the content after the fact. I didnt do dqvc for a while and the first time i did it i got all the previous quests that had been released. So there you go. A definitive answer on "Will you still get such and such if you missed the release date?"

Excellent. Thanks!

Yeah yeah i know that ill eventually get the skeleton shirt but im still pissed i didnt even get 1 offered to me in the entire week. Im kinda jaded at the fact they dont have some kind of measure that keeps track of at least the items Sella says are going to be on the list. Im not asking for rare items just what she claims is gonna be up for sale. Im a little let down i wanna be an full skeleton darn it.

I just need the pants. After this grotto, i'll be checking to see if i got one, once and for all, heh.

On the plus side, i got about 3 reckless necklaces this week. Helped me with my alchemy a fair bit.

You cant miss any quests on DQVC, they just put all the quests you have missed all on at once. Even if you didnt go on for ages you still cant miss any.

New guest today, same general practices follows, appears to be no quest on her though.

Here's the class gift, don't click if you don't want it spoiled (ie, to figure it out on your own)

Talk to her as a Mage to get the class gift

Also, two new quests today. :)

That said, my DQVC today is awful awful awful. First time I haven't bought anything off it. :(

Yeah, Alchaid 2 week, useless.

Unless gold bars can pop up, but then again.

Nice on the new guest, and new quests.

From last week's theme I got the full skeleton costume, but didn't get the sharp shades from the Summer Fayre event, so hopefully in the future.

Yeah I grabbed all of

Ashlynn's

gear today. I wonder why there is no quest item this time? In any case I like the hair. I put it on my Martial Artist.

They just didn't give all guests 5 pieces, some have 3 (Borya with no hands or legs, Debora, Jessica, Princess Moonbrooke, Maribel, Trode) and others have 4 (one of those being Ashlynn, who has no leg armor, Kiryl, Meena or Maya (or both?), Torneko, Ragnar, Bianca, Nera, Fleurette)

For those with 4 pieces there's no item for quest 157, for those with 3 pieces it's quest 157 and no specific vocation reward.

They just didn't give all guests 5 pieces, some have 3 (Borya with no hands or legs, Debora, Jessica, Princess Moonbrooke, Maribel, Trode) and others have 4 (one of those being Ashlynn, who has no leg armor, Kiryl, Meena or Maya (or both?), Torneko, Ragnar, Bianca, Nera, Fleurette)

For those with 4 pieces there's no item for quest 157, for those with 3 pieces it's quest 157 and no specific vocation reward.

Wow, thanks for the great response. Definitely clears that up.

I got the guests's accolade for dressing up like them since I got everything! That's going to be my new "title" haha.

I suppose this confirms that they are being released in alphabetical order. Since the 3rd character in Japan wasnt Ashlyn.

Edited by Nes Erdrick

I suppose this conferms that they are being released in alphabetical order. Since the 3rd character in Japan wasnt Ashlyn.

Oh yeah. That's interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

Actually, Ashlynn/Barbara was indeed third for Japan.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://dq9.gkwiki.com/240.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://dq9.gkwiki.com/%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiGVVlrBimhs98Tee_Sc9Hp86CmJQ

Or this order, in NA terms:

Alena (DQIV)

Angelo (DQVIII)

Ashlynn (DQVI)

Fleurette (DQ Swords)

Kiryl (DQIV)

Nera (DQV)

Prince of Cannock (DQII)

Jessica (DQVIII)

Princess Moonbrooke (DQII)

Debora (DQV)

Trode (DQVIII)

Maribel (DQVII)

Milly (DQVI)

Torneko (DQIV)

Bianca (DQV)

Keifer (DQVII)

Meena (DQIV)

Borya (DQIV)

Maya (DQIV)

Yangus (DQVIII)

Carver (DQVI)

Morrie (DQVIII)

Ragnar (DQIV)

Actually, Ashlynn/Barbara was indeed third for Japan.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://dq9.gkwiki.com/240.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://dq9.gkwiki.com/%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiGVVlrBimhs98Tee_Sc9Hp86CmJQ

Or this order, in NA terms:

Alena (DQIV)

Angelo (DQVIII)

Ashlynn (DQVI)

Fleurette (DQ Swords)

Kiryl (DQIV)

Nera (DQV)

Prince of Cannock (DQII)

Jessica (DQVIII)

Princess Moonbrooke (DQII)

Debora (DQV)

Trode (DQVIII)

Maribel (DQVII)

Milly (DQVI)

Torneko (DQIV)

Bianca (DQV)

Keifer (DQVII)

Meena (DQIV)

Borya (DQIV)

Maya (DQIV)

Yangus (DQVIII)

Carver (DQVI)

Morrie (DQVIII)

Ragnar (DQIV)

Oops. Yeah you're right about that. I guess we have to wait 2 more weeks before we can be certain it's going alphabetically or Japanetically. No, of course that's not a real word.

Yeah, Bianca would be next if it's going alphabetically, but I think it's still going Japanetically. (nice made up word)

So I'm expecting Fleurette in 2 weeks.

Also, Milly was made available as a guest in DQIX the day DQVI DS released there, January 28th.

I'm calling it now, DQVI will release in North America the week of January 7th, if following the JP schedule and we're getting a guest every 2 weeks, that's 20 weeks from now until Milly.

Yeah, Bianca would be next if it's going alphabetically, but I think it's still going Japanetically. (nice made up word)

So I'm expecting Fleurette in 2 weeks.

Also, Milly was made available as a guest in DQIX the day DQVI DS released there, January 28th.

I'm calling it now, DQVI will release in North America the week of January 7th, if following the JP schedule and we're getting a guest every 2 weeks, that's 20 weeks from now until Milly.

That'd be great. It would also make GrandAlchemist the winner of Contest 41.

I still need 30 guests for the last piece from the guests, didn't get enough tags from the 2 events I went to.

And tagging with my other copy of the game is just bleh, repeatedly playing the beginning up to an hour until Stornway is well, a bore.

I only need 5-6 more, but damn.

Edited by Tiael

You cant miss any quests on DQVC, they just put all the quests you have missed all on at once. Even if you didnt go on for ages you still cant miss any.

Thanks for clearing that up but I am also curious about special guests. Can you still get them if you miss them way after their release?