DQVC Bonus Content Thread

FlyingRagnar

She could cast as a mage with kaswoosh,

Wind-type spells are holy and are usually part of a Cleric's repertoire. The fact that they gave them to the Minstrel and Luminary in 9 is still foreign in my mind.

Dragon Quest III: Woosh Swoosh Kaswoosh (Cleric)

Dragon Quest IV: Learned by Meena whom shares Cleric-type spells with Kiryl

Dragon Quest V: Learned by the hero and what appears to be random monsters. Note that the Cleric-type pip "Epipany" has these spells.

Dragon Quest VI: Woosh and Swoosh (Cleric) - Kaswoosh (Paladin)

Dragon Quest VII: Woosh and Swoosh (Cleric) - Kaswoosh (Paladin) again.

Dragon Quest VIII: Woosh, Swoosh, Kaswoosh - Learned by Angelo, the obvious Cleric-type of the party.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She could cast as a mage with kaswoosh,

Wind-type spells are holy and are usually part of a Cleric's repertoire. The fact that they gave them to the Minstrel and Luminary in 9 is still foreign in my mind.

Dragon Quest III: Woosh Swoosh Kaswoosh (Cleric)

Dragon Quest IV: Learned by Meena whom shares Cleric-type spells with Kiryl

Dragon Quest V: Learned by the hero and what appears to be random monsters. Note that the Cleric-type pip "Epipany" has these spells.

Dragon Quest VI: Woosh and Swoosh (Cleric) - Kaswoosh (Paladin)

Dragon Quest VII: Woosh and Swoosh (Cleric) - Kaswoosh (Paladin) again.

Dragon Quest VIII: Woosh, Swoosh, Kaswoosh - Learned by Angelo, the obvious Cleric-type of the party.

Not saying swoosh spells are defined as a mage thing, but that if your party needed a multihitting spell caster, Meena can sub in for Maya and Borya. That's her charm, she can be a bit of everything. Just she isn't usually first choice for a main party since there's someone better for everything else.

And the special guest for this week is....Meena, from Dragon Quest 4! :)

Doesn't seem like she has a class-specific gear, though.

You'd think she would since she could easily be a priest, sage, or mage. If her sister appears, she will probably be a mage.

As Hammerslime pointed out, she DOES have class-specific gear. Talk to her as a

Paladin.

Paladin? She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be a Paladin.

Paladin? She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be a Paladin.

She doesn't say she is a member of that vocation though. She just uses her crystal ball to guess that you are one. I guess her crystal ball is fond of

Paladins.

Just she isn't usually first choice for a main party since there's someone better for everything else.

I may be in the minority for this one, but I had Meena in my main team for the entire game... and post game! I always, always, always used the tarot cards to try and get double exp. The Fool card was always a scary risk, but it was one I was willing to take. :-/

Actually... my team setup is probably very unpopular. Hero, Borya, Meena, Kiryl. (Borya out, Psaro in for post game.) For boss fights I would switch it to Hero, Alena, Ragnar, <SUPPORT> though.

Just she isn't usually first choice for a main party since there's someone better for everything else.

I may be in the minority for this one, but I had Meena in my main team for the entire game... and post game! I always, always, always used the tarot cards to try and get double exp. The Fool card was always a scary risk, but it was one I was willing to take. :-/

Actually... my team setup is probably very unpopular. Hero, Borya, Meena, Kiryl. (Borya out, Psaro in for post game.) For boss fights I would switch it to Hero, Alena, Ragnar, <SUPPORT> though.

I usually have her always too, actually. She's a favorite of mine and tarot cards are one of her most useful features. I'm just saying based on her stats and skills compared to the party, she is the jack-of-all-trades type, but master of none.

Need a healer? Kiryls generally the better healer.

Need a mage? Maya is better, and then borya since they both have hit-alls (elements may come into play every now and then).

Supportive skills? Well, barrier/insulate has a leg up over the others, but I found Borya or Kiryl having the better general skills usually.

Fighter? Alena beats everyone there, but if she is out of commission, Ragnar is next best usually. If he is too slow, Torneko is a decent medium (I forget his speed stat, but I believe faster than Ragnar). But if you want a more reliable, decent speed fighter, Meena can take place there.

Now if you want someone that can do it all decently, Meena fits in very well. Psaro and her do nicely too since he takes place of several characters as well, giving the party they are in multiple types of help.

Nothing wrong with choosing unpopular teams though. :) Hell, I encourage it, you find more possibilities that way. i never saw Borya's true usefulness till i tried him out at first just for oomph. Then acceleratele started becoming really helpful. Throw him a sage's stone and he's an incredible support mage.

...and we (or at least I am) are straying off topic a bit, heh. :P My original point: Paladin and Meena aren't too different from one another.

Yeah, the class item from special guests isn't necessarily supposed to be you matching their class (though usually that is the case).

Yeah. For some reason I can't see Bianca as a Mage.

Got the pirate hat and two Yggdrasil Leaves. Quite satisfactory. :)

Yeah, the class item from special guests isn't necessarily supposed to be you matching their class (though usually that is the case).
Yeah. For some reason I can't see Bianca as a Mage.
She had aspects of mage, theif, and priest..... kinda odd. But yeah, some characters give things to classes they LIKE rather than classes they resemble.

I got the Pirate hat, coat, and pants all in one go today! :D

Lucky!

I still need those Pantaloons...two more days =O

That's funny because I haven't been able to get any pirate gear BUT the pantaloons.

That's funny because I haven't been able to get any pirate gear BUT the pantaloons.

Same here. So much for this being a pirate-themed DQVC week, huh?

Same here. So much for this being a pirate-themed DQVC week, huh?

Seems you two are just unlucky. I've got the hat, 2 coats, 3 pantaloons, 1 skull ring, and 1 trident. (Also, some Lucida Shards, Reset Stones, an Astral Plume, and a Malicite)

2 hats, pantaloons, and a coat. I got 2 Watermaul Wands, but no trident...

The Trident isn't DQVC-exclusive, you know.

Got the coat today. If I don't get the hat tomorrow, so help me God I'll turn Square Enix's headquarters into the next Hiroshima.

I just hope I can get the pantaloons tomorrow. I got the hat and coat.

I have money falling out of my ears so whenever I see an item that I don't have in my inventory I just buy it.

Well, crud. I didn't get the pantaloons.

I is sad panda. :(

I have money falling out of my ears so whenever I see an item that I don't have in my inventory I just buy it.

I alchemise and sell ear cosys until I get 90,000 gold. Then I spend like crazy each day in the DQVC, but make sure it doesn't dip below 60,000 gold. That way, I only have to have two goes at alchemizing ear cozys so that I have 90,000 gold. It was the only way I could afford my spending spree last week.

I alchemise and sell ear cosys until I get 90,000 gold. Then I spend like crazy each day in the DQVC, but make sure it doesn't dip below 60,000 gold. That way, I only have to have two goes at alchemizing ear cozys so that I have 90,000 gold. It was the only way I could afford my spending spree last week.

I use the Gold Mail alchemy. I always keep 99 of the 3 ingredients, and only use the earnings for DQVC. I also put all of the excess money (and money from grottos/legacy bosses) in the bank so I'll have a nice stockpile, plus I'm going for the bank accolades. Most days take 2-3 alchemy runs, which I usually perform while multi-tasking.

I use the Gold Mail alchemy. I always keep 99 of the 3 ingredients, and only use the earnings for DQVC. I also put all of the excess money (and money from grottos/legacy bosses) in the bank so I'll have a nice stockpile, plus I'm going for the bank accolades. Most days take 2-3 alchemy runs, which I usually perform while multi-tasking.

It would probably be quicker to do the gold mail thing but the whole thing is an annoying process and I don't mind the extra time since I really only have to do it once a week.

I managed to FINALLY encounter the pantaloons and hat yesterday... and today I lucked out with the coat. :D

I managed to FINALLY encounter the pantaloons and hat yesterday... and today I lucked out with the coat. :D

I completed the pirate set with the coat today too!

Archived