darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

I don't care if the entire cast dies, just spare Potato Girl!

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Studio Ghibli, I just got The Secret World of Arrietty from Netflix.  Hopefully it's another solid Studio Ghibli film.  :) 

It's pretty good. Considering it all takes place within the confines of one house it's amazing how well they managed to make the mundane look as fantastical as in any other Studio Ghibli film.

I'm HOPING to watch it today but based on how busy I am today and this weekend I might need to wait until Monday. :( I've just got too much going on for the rest of the week.

I guess I'm the only person on Earth who liked the second half of Big O...

Oh I definitely liked season 2, it just lacked a lot of the aesthetic things I enjoued from season 1. There were some great episodes loke the third big and the greatest villain

Went out and bought Black Lagoon:  Roberta's Blood Trail last night.  Saw all 5 episodes with the dub.  It was great to see more of the show and I'm glad after all this time it still has the same dub actors.  Black Lagoon has to be one my favorite action anime of all time.  Now I need to watch it again in sub. :) 

;) Thanks to the revival of my old anime club I've been revisting some classic anime titles like Ranma 1/2 and Hellsing, a friend of mine gave me a complete box set of Final Fantasy Unlimited as a Christmas gift and I plan on showing it along side the Dragon Half OVA this week.

;) Thanks to the revival of my old anime club I've been revisting some classic anime titles like Ranma 1/2 and Hellsing, a friend of mine gave me a complete box set of Final Fantasy Unlimited as a Christmas gift and I plan on showing it along side the Dragon Half OVA this week.

Whoo boy. I heard FF Unlimited was God awful.

;) Really? x3 Whelp, that just means that the one little unique thing our club did shall be invoked if it is indeed as bad as you heard and that is do some riffing. :P

I could be wrong though. Maybe everyone's a hardcore FF fan and they can look past its faults.

Just mostly regained the motivation to watch anime, so here goes.

Just finished The Brave of Legend Da Garn. Particularly good series, particularly in the human cast (like Seiji). Oh, and you gotta love Seven-Changer.

Also, started Zeta Gundam. Good start for a sequel to 0079, and hope it gets better to really make me wanna cry in the sad parts. Please don't spoil them for me, as I'm only just beginning this.

;) Either way I won't feel ripped off since the boxed set was a free Christmas gift :thumbsup: and I do enjoy a little bit of FF from time to time :P

Meh, really the only anime that i'm watching now is Hunter x hunter. Most of the anime that has been coming out lately hasn't caught my interest.

Gundam Build Fighters continues to be the best anime of the season IMHO

FF Unlimited isn't that bad. In fact, it's one of like, 3 animes that I will actually watch. (The others being Dragon Quest and Case Closed With Detective Conan)

I've seen all of the first season of FFU, and have the first DVD. (The others we borrowed from netflix a couple years ago.) I don't think anything beyond the first season has been translated yet though.

Soon I should have a DVD set with all 13 English episodes of Dragon Warrior. I already have the first few episodes on DVD, but need to make the rest of them. (Does anybody have high quality recordings of the show? All I've got is low quality VHS recordings ripped from YouTube, but that's the best I could find anywhere.)

;) Speaking of Detective Conan, I would LOVE to see that film Lupin III vs Detective Conan, I bet it's all kinds of awesome, and other series I need to watch again aside from Ranma 1/2 is The Slayers.

Right now, I'm watching quite a few.

- Kill la Kill

- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

- Tokyo Ravens

- Space Dandy (I'm really digging this show)

- Sword Art Online

;) I've been hearing a LOT about Kill La Kill from friends of mine and the little snippit of it I saw it seems to be pretty fan servicy

I heard Kill La Kill was good too but I want to wait for it to finish because I like to marathon through anime.

Just finished Secret World of Arrietty.  Great Studio Ghibli movie.  Unfortunately there were some problems with the dub.  The voice acting was great, but they put in some dialogue where there wasn't before in a least a couple of places.  The biggest example is the ending.  The original ending was somewhat ambiguous but still satisfying.  The dub threw in extra narration at the end to "solve" that problem.  The main girl is played by a Disney brat named Bridgit Mendler.  While she did a really great job with the voice acting, they made some crappy pop song with her for the movie.  The credits are extended a bit to add her song after the other end credits song.  It also does not fit in with any of the other music in the movie.  While I love dubs when done well, I'd recommend the sub on this one.   

;) Anything Studio Ghibli is classic, I need to get my hands on a copy of Spirited Away and watch that again, one of my favorite Myazaki films.

The Disney dubs can be hit or miss. On the one hand they can be great like with the voice of Chihiro since she was a little girl that talked like a little girl or Kirsten Dunst in KiKi's Delivery Service. Then as the movies became more popular they used them as a way to give Disney actors more work. Ponyo was a great movie but I have a hard time enjoying it knowing that they cast the little sister of Miley Cyrus and the little brother of the Jonas Brothers as their leads alongside such talents as Liam Neeson, Tina Fey, and Matt Damon. Other than being the relatives of famous people what did they do to deserve those roles?

And definitely get Spirited Away. It's hard to find on DVD below $30 and I'm sad to say it took me so long to get it but it was definitely worth the price. It's basically my favorite movie of all time.

I think Spirited Away is the most overrated Ghibli movie.

My top three are

1-Ponpoko (avoid the dub)

2- The Castle of Cagliostro

3 - Laputa

My top 3 are:

Princess Mononoke

The Castle of Cagliostro

Spirited Away

I still need to see Laputa.  What's Ponpoke? 

On a side note, anything Satoshi Kon touches is gold.