What anime are you watching?

I'm thinking about giving the Slayers anime a shot. It hear it was really popular in the 90s

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

Damn, Domestic Girlfriend ended in the trashiest way possible, I love it.

For context, it’s a manga about a high school student who has a crush on his teacher that ends up sleeping with a random girl he met at a mixer, only for him to find out the girl and the teacher are sisters and that they’ll soon be his step-sisters. He eventually gets into a relationship with the teacher, who is also his step-sister, she has to quit her job when their relationship is discovered and moves away after breaking up with him, after which he gets into a relationship with his other step-sister (the one-night stand). He dates her for the majority of the series, and his ex-girlfriend’s life has been irreparably damaged because of him but still can’t get over him. Seriously, this dude unintentionally was playing mind games with these girls and #$*!ing broke them. Just as he’s about to marry his girlfriend who he also knocked up, the ex has since returned, moved back in her her mom and step-dad, started working at a hotel, been stalked, and finally hit by a car and put into a coma. His fiancé says that she can’t marry him because her sister really loves him a lot so they just have a child out of wedlock even though they love each other and are living together? And his ex-fiancé convinces him to marry her comatose sister (it’s not legal but they consider it symbolic), but it’s not an issue because the sister comes out of the coma and their wedding is attended by a number of girls who wanted to bone him, including his baby mama.

Total trainwreck, and fans aren’t happy about it, which is the perfect way for this mess of a series to go out. This manga tried to broach so many serious topics like rape, racism, homosexuality, stalking, and forbidden love and dealt with them all in the worst way possible.

• Like 1

Naruto is on Netflix, so I turn it on while I feed the baby in the morning. Not bad so far. 

Now I'm having suggestions pop up for all the other Anime on Netflix. Perhaps I'll find more that I like. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Dragon Ball Z has been a part of my life since I was in elementary school, it’s part of the reason I ended up playing Dragon Quest games, so it was always weird to me that I never read the manga the whole way through. I binged all of Dragon Ball and just started on DBZ. I know everything that happens, obviously. I watched the show for years, saw some of the movies and specials (I was super hype to watch the Bardock and Future Trunks specials), and played a bunch of the games. I’m intimately familiar with all the details of the series. Yet, somehow, Super, which is totally new content for me, has been a wellspring of new and strange lore to stumble into during wiki dives. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooph Shonen Jump is having a low period right now. I was initially interested by how multiple popular series ended within a short span of time (Demon Slayer, Promised Neverland, and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs), but most of what they published in replacement turned out to be duds. Then, Masashi Kishimoto’s (Naruto) new series got cancelled for being universally unpopular. Suddenly, the magazine started to get a bunch of gag and comedy-centric manga, which is strange because normally they only publish one or two in that style. Meanwhile, Haikyu! just recently ended. And now, the writer of act-age, a manga Shonen Jump was about to start pushing as the next big thing, was arrested for being a disgusting pervert and they had to end another longish running series.

What do they have left? One Piece, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Dr. Stone, Jujutsu Kaisen, We Never Learn (which will end before the end of the year/the start of next year), and Chainsaw Man. There are 8 series that haven’t broken 30 chapters yet. 9 series when Tite Kubo’s miniseries launches in a few weeks. Mission: Yozakura Family has been running for a bit, but it comes off as attempting to ape the popularity of Spy x Family. The only thing that’s grabbed me out of all the dozen new series they’ve launch is Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin, which I’d be shocked to see last 40 chapters. The magazine might be in some legitimate trouble if they don’t find another big hit before the year ends.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Finishing up Carole and Tuesday lately, only 5 more episodes and this sweet saga comes to a close for me.  I love that one.  Also been watching My Hero Academia with my husband, currently partway through season 3 of that.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the Armitage III movies recently and nothing at all like watching cult classic edgy 90s anime. 

I'm downloading Black Clover, One Punch Man, DB Super, and FMA Brotherhood.

I also found out that Pokemon is listed on the anime site I used. And Toonami ran some anime style Batman recently (maybe that's why I'm watching TMNT vs Batman later).

I mostly watch the stuff on Toonami, except for Food Wars, Jojo, and a few others that my friends think I'm crazy for not watching.

• Like 1

Technically an action cartoon movie, but I'm totally counting this

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, eal said:

3087AFF5-BC22-48EE-A881-7AAB04CCB5F1.thumb.jpeg.657c76d9fed809e20e78cb64d0ddc122.jpeg

This whole year has been the monkey’s paw of someone’s wish to make this happen.

That image actually kind of fits for how this year has gone. And that damn song that plays at the end of that movie...god, it sounds so upbeat but those #$*!ing lyrics!

8 minutes ago, Megalosaro said:

Watching Dai no Daibouken (2020).  Everyone on this site should be too.

No, you can’t make me! (Uses Chimera Wing to fly off somewhere)

I started watching the original Sailor Moon anime around March and finally finished it last night. Overall, I enjoyed it and would rank the five seasons as S > Stars = season 1 > R >> SuperS.

38 minutes ago, But Thou Must said:

I started watching the original Sailor Moon anime around March and finally finished it last night. Overall, I enjoyed it and would rank the five seasons as S > Stars = season 1 > R >> SuperS.

Thanks, now I have to go to the "Music Stuck In Your Head" topic

I have been mostly just watching One Piece and Dai. I caught up with One Piece a couple months ago.

Just really haven't been much into an anime mood lately. Though I will most likely be watching Castlevania on Netflix in the upcoming week for the first time.